Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder

Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder
Fit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing Powder

on 11/7/2017 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is amazing!!! I ran out of my usual Urban Decay loose powder and grabbed this at Target on a whim. I’m sticking with the Maybelline! It’s so finely milled and sets my makeup beautifully. I rarely touch up now and my foundation and concealer look freshly applied most of the day. I use Tarte Shape Tape around my eyes and nose, and Bare Minerals Matte on the rest of my face. This sets them both perfectly without any creasing or chalkiness. I’m pretty fair, but bought Fair/Light and it’s perfect. There’s a touch of yellow, which I need. I’m not a fan of the bulky square packaging, but it’s worth it for such a wonderful product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my god this powder is awesome! If you have oily skin and struggle with your makeup lasting all day, you need this! I was going to initially shell out $30+ for the Too Faced peach loose powder, but I decided I don’t really have the budget for that right now so I picked up the Maybelline for around $6. I picked up “Light” which seems pretty dark in the container but it turns out fine because it’s more of a sheer color. I dust this on over my typical foundation and it filters/blurs my pores but doesn’t look cakey or powdery. After wearing this for a 9 hour day of work, I couldn’t believe my makeup looked almost the same as I applied it. Just a little bit of oilyness peaking through at my nose.. and that’s it! I definitely can tell the difference with results of this setting powder over other powders I use with my regular foundation/primer. It helps so much!

on 11/6/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this powder a few weeks ago and have been trying it out. Initially, I loved it. It made my face stay matte throughout the day (my nose and around my nose tend to get pretty oily- I have combo skin). However, one day when I looked in the mirror in my car, it could tell my foundarion was cracked and cakey under my eyes and a little on my forehead. This has never happened with my Estée Lauder double wear before so was so confused. I thought it may be my primer but it did this over my nyx photo finish, revlon photoready, and Lancôme la base primer. I saw so many awesome reviews on YouTube saying it’s a Laura Mercier dupe, or even better so I’m so sad this didn’t work for me. I switched back to my L’Oréal hydraperfect and my foundation looked flawless again. Disappointed :(

on 11/2/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product I have medium and fair I like to mix them for u setting my undereye concealer with my damp BB and it brightens my under eye and no creasing packaging is bulky but the quality is good it just melts into the skin and holds up very well a good eight plus hours maybe 2 blotting if I use it to set my foundation. a good buy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is such a good deal. No flashback and applies easily and smoothly. But it settles into all my fine lines and wrinkles.

I personally like the bulky container, but travel makes it a it difficult. It does not separate like some other brands.

AMAZING makes my acne and acne scares invisible. Super smooth and flawless. I used the old translation maybellline powder but this one is much better ❤

I will probably repurchase this until they stop making it.

I got the shade 10. It looked a little too light for me. But since it is such a sheer (tint) powder it doesn't cause problems. I thought that shade 15 would be too dark for my NC15-20 skin (at least it did look that way in the container).

I didn't expect much out of this. I had a plan to get the CG Ready, Set Gorgeous powder and use this Maybelline one over it. To give more a flawless look. And I was completely correct.

This will work over other powders (foundations). I have not used it over liquids yet (except my concealer). I haven't had issues with this oxidizing or breaking me out. This powder is like a "blur" filter to your face. I'm not kidding. I love it!

on 10/2/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

guyssss.....buy this. like ASAP. unless you have dry skin, you will be amazed. I have super oily skin. My Innisfree no-sebum loose powder barely lasts half the day.

This stuff, applied by tapping with a brush over SPF moisturizer (with a few spots of concealer), no primer, lasted the WHOLE day. Not saying that I wasn't oily, but it looked like my face had some dewy filtered glow, rather than an oil slick down the T-zone. In hotter days I will probably need to blot my T-zone once or twice, but who doesn't.

I am very fair, warm undertone, went with 20 medium light (the 15 light was too pinky/cool, and the 10 light/fair would probably be better for the winter). A thick layer of this would definitely be too dark for me, but I like to keep it light applied with a brush, for just a hint of color. I feel like this might look cakey when overdone, but will probably wear in pretty nice if that's a real match to your skintone (and you're oily).

I haven't tried more expensive setting powders, although I hear this is a Laura Mercier dupe (but with pigment), but compared to my Estee and Bobbi B powder foundations, which I usually only wear going out, this is an amazing every-day driver. For $6 / 20g can't go wrong.

**Note:** I also have had acne since the dawn of days, which I manage with a carefully crafted skincare routine, so I am not sure if this will break me out yet. Will update review once I've used this for >1 month.

But for now, HG status.

on 9/10/2017 4:11:00 AM

Wait..... this is actually spectacular. I gotta give props to Maybelline because there aren't that many setting powders at the drugstore. This is probably the best one. It is finely milled, doesn't look dry, and sets my under eye concealer nicely. Comparable to high end. The packaging is bulky, but what loose setting powder isn't?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Its a pretty good finishing powder. Nothing too special, and it's really bulky, but still good.