Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder

Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder
Fit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

INGREDIENTS: TALC DIMETHICONE SILICA [ /- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this powder because so many people raves about it. I’ve tried using with a brush and beauty sponge. I tried using a lot. I’ve tried using a little. I tried only putting it in my T-Zone where I get oily. The powder was nice but I feel it made me more oily by the end of the day. Because of the extra oils I won’t be repurchasing it.

on 4/22/2018 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Shade: I'm NC 42-44. Heads up! The powder looks way darker than it does when it's blended into the skin.
First I got shade Medium/deep 30. I can set my entire face with that. So I went to get shade Light/medium 20 as well for setting under eyes and lower cheek/chin area. I can get away with setting my entire face with this shade too, I just have to use more bronzer to balance it out if I do. I was going to get shade Medium 25, but after looking on Youtube they describe it as more peachy toned which doesn't suit my olive/tan complexion. Even though I've seen many who are the same shade as me, make it work for them. I wouldn't say the shades I got are plain yellow toned. They are more beige/yellow. I'm guessing that the numbers ending with a 5 is more peach after investigating. I do wish they were a tad bit more yellow toned.

Packaging : is nothing fancy. Just plain square and plastic. Quite bulky, just like many other loose powder. I'm gonna buy something smaller to use for travels. It comes with a plastic tape stopper that I just pushed 3 holes through instead of peeling off the entire thing. It works really well and I just smash the powder lightly into the lid whenevr I need some and I get the perfect amount for each time. No mess or hassle at all.

Performance: I got combo normal/oily T-zone and live in humid climate. My t-zone and pores on my nose and next to it is my biggest problem area. I haven't got any other loose setting powders than Sasha buttercup and Coty Airspun Extra translucent.. I love SB, but can sometimes be a bit too yellow and sheer. And Coty's is just way too pale and old lady baby powder perfumed. It makes my skin a bit itchy. So I decided to try 1 of these first before buying the legendary Laura mercier. I loved it so much I went to purchase another shade as mentioned. The soft powder really sets all my makeup in place and make me look really matte and smooth. Controls my oils and makes my pores look smaller (BIGGEST WIN). Can be used with either brush or beautysponge. I prefer sponge. Brush gives it a lighter finish. It can look cakey if you use too much powder so be careful. I tried to bake with it and it works like a charm. I prefer these to Sasha Buttercup for more coverage.

Conclusion: I recommend this to everyone. Does what it says. Has no smell and non-irritating. Such an impressive and affordable powder! It makes me look so polished. It's genuinely amazing. Go get some!

on 4/16/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
* Healthy mount of product in packaging
* Good for those with pale complexions
* Good price.
* Doesn't oxidize.

Cons:
* Cakes up, no matter how applied (see below)
* Settles into lines - fine lines and deeper
* Doesn't control oil well

I have tried to apply this using a powder brush, a dense brush, a beautyblender, with a light hand, strategically in oily spots, etc. and I just can't get it to work. By the end of the day, my face is oily, my pores are popping, my lines are cracked. I've tried it with a matte foundation, and thinking maybe that was the problem, proceeded to try it with two luminous/dewy foundations to no avail. I changed up my skin routine to add more moisture to areas that it settled into and still, this product settles into fine lines and cakes up so much. I

on 3/9/2018 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I say this all the time. Maybelline is my favorite brand of all time. I purchased this powder in 30 medium deep and 35 deep. I use 30 for setting my under eye and t-zone and 35 for all over my face. I have used this with a beauty blender, a powder brush and a powder puff to figure out which method I enjoy the most. The older I get, the more extra my makeup regimen becomes. I have oily skin so an array of powders are necessary. I am most oily on my nose so I bake there and dust lightly everywhere else. This powder provides the most velvety smooth appearance under the eye. I love it so much. And it offers more coverage right where you need so that is a plus for covering up under eye discoloration. It is also mattifying for all over the face. I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/19/2018 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is much better than the Laura Mercier translucent powder that everybody is raved about. It makes my foundation last all day and minimizes my large pores. It never get blotchy when I touch up throughout the day. BEST DRUGSTORE powder ever! No, it is THE BEST powder ever! Highly recommended!

on 2/17/2018 2:47:00 PM

Really great loose setting powder. I have shade No.20 light/medium and I am NC 20/25. The powders are a lot darker than the name implies... No.20 Light/Medium is better for those who are nc 30+
*UPDATE: I purchase the next one down, No.15 Light - much better match for those who are NC 20/25

I also noticed that if you apply too much it can look cakey and crease.

Does a pretty good job in controlling my oils since i am combo oily... however, I cant say if its better than Laura Mercier. LM doesnt look cakey if i over apply and I find it slightly more finely milled.

Overall a really great option for the drugstore!

Warning: Powder does lean BEIGE... so if you have a yellow undertone like I do, powder can kinda make your foundation color look off :/

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

k i love this powder but the sifter doesn't work, every time you open the container powder goes everywhere. besides that, product is great I just wish they made a translucent shade rather than an actual shade range. prices are always cheap because if you live somewhere in canada you know shoppers always has makeup on sale. In conclusion, It is WAAY better than laura mercier.

on 2/14/2018 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This loose powder is SO good, I use it to set my makeup and it lasts all day! Tends to get a little cakey or creasy if you apply too much but just be careful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for about a month now, and I'm very happy with the results it's given me! I own the shade "Fair", and it's perfect for my complexion. I'm usually a fan of translucent powders, but this one was just fine with the small amount of color in it. It makes the skin feel very soft after applying it, and it has a pretty good staying power. I like how much product you get, it has lasted me a while now. I'm not a fan of the packaging, it's very bulky and hard to close sometimes. Other than that, it's a great affordable loose powder.

on 2/8/2018 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

UPDATE:

I LOVE this powder. I will bump up the rating to 5 lippies because it does what it claims, and fantastically at that. It claims to be a FINISHING powder not a SETTING POWDER. As a setting powder it can look a bit heavy, and if used to set the undereye, at least on me it emphasizes lines.That won't be so much of a problem to younger, wrinkle free people. But as a FINISHING powder applied strategically for oil control, coverage and a blurring/smoothing effect OMG. YASS. It makes my pores look a LOT LESS noticeable. It also offers a bit of coverage which is great to brighten up the t-zone and smooth it at the same time. It does help with oil control if used in a good amount. It looks good dusted all over lightly as well.

I prefer Coty Airspun Extra Coverage for under my eyes, or if used lightly (because they are VERY absorbent/drying and I dont like the finish) the NYX HD silica loose powder, or the Elf Beauty Shield setting powder in Golden. Those 2 last ones are light, translucent powders that are great for setting makeup but have that dry, slightly ashy finish that Silica only powders so often have. I always dust something over top those two (NYX, Elf) be it this Maybelline Fit me loose powder, or a compact powder like Maybelline Better Skin powder to get the smooth, skin-toned and skin like finish I'm after. Its very similar to what Patrick Star does with first applying Coty Airspun and finishing with Mac Studio Fix powder foundation. If I had to pick just ONE budget setting powder, I would choose the Coty Airspun. If I had to choose just ONE budget finishing powder, I would choose the Maybelline Fit me loose powder. But I enjoy all my powders (and I have A LOT because.. oily gal here), so that would be a sad day.

Layering two powders is great for oil control as well. The ELF BEauty shield is much better at oil control than the NYX, because it not only has Silica, but it also has Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, and other absorbent ingredients. IF you have many skin problems The NYX HD is a good powder to work with though, because since its ONLY Silica, it probably won't cause you any problems, and can be totally work-with-able. Its not perfect, but its hard to find things that work for a finicky skin. Imperfect powders often work great if used lightly/sparingly, finished with a setting spray or a powder that has coverage and color, or used UNDER foundation.

The packaging on this is great. It's never a mess which is surprising. The twist off cap is so much better than a screwcap. It feels sturdy. It works. I use the Light-Medium shade on my t-zone, and plan to purchase the Medium shade for all over. Im NC 42 in Mac. I recommend this to anybody because you can just adjust the amount you use and couple with a finishing spray to adjust for your skin type. 5 stars. Will repurchase.