Maybelline New York Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder

Maybelline New York Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder
Fit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing Powder

INGREDIENTS: TALC DIMETHICONE SILICA [ /- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This unfortunately showed texture on my face too much :( I loved the pale color and the fact that I didn't break out or react from it despite my sensitive skin, but I couldn't get over the somewhat cakey look I had. I ended up returning this since I need a powder to make my skin look smoother while controlling oil. I think this powder could work ok for anyone with smooth skin that isn't really oily.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

While I'm not a huge fan of Maybelline foundations and Powders, this one I actually like. It goes on medium coverage, and smooth. The shades are decent with a bit of an yellow undertone so it works with a vast majority of shades. I use the loose powder in the morning when I'm applying my makeup for the day and the pressed for my touch ups. The price is reasonable and the packaging is very nice. Will purchase after run outs.

on 7/12/2018 12:05:00 AM

This is my favorite powder! I have combination skin and it makes my face (especially forehead) matte for upto 6 hours! It is amazing to set my concelaer under my eyes as well! Definetly worth the hype and the money!!

on 7/11/2018 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Not a good finishing powder, for oily skin, it doesn’t work at all! Gets Cakey no matter how I use it, I don’t recommend it at all!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder sets my Bobbi Brown Skin Longwear foundation perfectly. I have also tried this powder over L'oreal infallible foundation and it works well. Makes my skin look airbrushed when I set it with my Skindinavia Primer and Mac studio fix spray.

The brush i used to apply this powder is a powder brush from Real techniques.

on 7/8/2018 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have combination to oily skin. These are the pros and cons for a combo-oily gal like me.

Pros:
- good amount of product.
- amazing range of shades.
- good price.

Cons:
- cakes up no matter how i apply.
- creates a textured looking skin.
- obviously not for combination to oily skin.
- semi-matte, not a full matte powder. Cannot control oils by after 2 hours.
- not very finely milled.

I gotta say this: It's not a good comparison to laura mercier loose powder. This powder isn't any close to a good powder for oily skin. It's easier for me to find products if the products are meant for oily skin. But this isn't one of them!

It cakes up really2 bad. No matter if i wore it with a sponge or a brush. My skin ain't flawless but this powder made me look like i have an acne prone skin or uneven skin. It made my makeup look bad, textured and heavy. By the end of the day, my face became oily and my lines are cracked which i have never experienced before. I wore it during the week celebration of eid mubarak. I was having a whole week of bad makeup day.

Do not trust people when they say that this is a very finely milled powder. No, It's not! I can say that this would be a really good powder for those with dry skin but since this cakes up really bad,

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at all, really.

I then purchased the coty airspun loose powder in a trial pack (10g). It works miraculously!! I'm totally in love with it. It made my skin looking smooth all day. I will just stick with that. My other two amazing powders are rimmel stay matte pressed powder and the maybelline fit me pressed powder. Now that's a better powder for oily skin than this fit me loose powder.

on 6/9/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love to wear this powder, alone or overtop a foundation. This is the most flattering powder I have ever used. A little goes a long way. Definitely a bang for your buck.

on 6/4/2018 11:38:00 AM

This definitely keeps my face from getting oily/shiny, but I don't like that it's not translucent. If I wasn't perfectly applying it, I would sometimes see blotches of it on my face throughout the day, especially if I sweat some off. I wouldn't recommend if you're aren't a pro at applying/blending it (I am not). Otherwise it got the job done. It also comes with a lot of product and is very inexpensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this powder because so many people raves about it. I’ve tried using with a brush and beauty sponge. I tried using a lot. I’ve tried using a little. I tried only putting it in my T-Zone where I get oily. The powder was nice but I feel it made me more oily by the end of the day. Because of the extra oils I won’t be repurchasing it.

on 4/22/2018 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Shade: I'm NC 42-44. Heads up! The powder looks way darker than it does when it's blended into the skin.
First I got shade Medium/deep 30. I can set my entire face with that. So I went to get shade Light/medium 20 as well for setting under eyes and lower cheek/chin area. I can get away with setting my entire face with this shade too, I just have to use more bronzer to balance it out if I do. I was going to get shade Medium 25, but after looking on Youtube they describe it as more peachy toned which doesn't suit my olive/tan complexion. Even though I've seen many who are the same shade as me, make it work for them. I wouldn't say the shades I got are plain yellow toned. They are more beige/yellow. I'm guessing that the numbers ending with a 5 is more peach after investigating. I do wish they were a tad bit more yellow toned.

Packaging : is nothing fancy. Just plain square and plastic. Quite bulky, just like many other loose powder. I'm gonna buy something smaller to use for travels. It comes with a plastic tape stopper that I just pushed 3 holes through instead of peeling off the entire thing. It works really well and I just smash the powder lightly into the lid whenevr I need some and I get the perfect amount for each time. No mess or hassle at all.

Performance: I got combo normal/oily T-zone and live in humid climate. My t-zone and pores on my nose and next to it is my biggest problem area. I haven't got any other loose setting powders than Sasha buttercup and Coty Airspun Extra translucent.. I love SB, but can sometimes be a bit too yellow and sheer. And Coty's is just way too pale and old lady baby powder perfumed. It makes my skin a bit itchy. So I decided to try 1 of these first before buying the legendary Laura mercier. I loved it so much I went to purchase another shade as mentioned. The soft powder really sets all my makeup in place and make me look really matte and smooth. Controls my oils and makes my pores look smaller (BIGGEST WIN). Can be used with either brush or beautysponge. I prefer sponge. Brush gives it a lighter finish. It can look cakey if you use too much powder so be careful. I tried to bake with it and it works like a charm. I prefer these to Sasha Buttercup for more coverage.

Conclusion: I recommend this to everyone. Does what it says. Has no smell and non-irritating. Such an impressive and affordable powder! It makes me look so polished. It's genuinely amazing. Go get some!