no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

All these reviews are from 2004 lol. Whelp this product is discontinued but I love it. I have one I got from my childhood, almost all the words on the package had scraped off but I love this product. Because it's discontinued it's hard to find it online anymore but I managed to located on amazon so I stocked up in my favorite shade "15 Spoiled in Rubies" it's a pinky red gloss with a diamond shimmer. This gem gives the illusion of thicker plumper lips, think Bratz doll lips. I absolutely adore it and the gloss gives back memories. I with Maybelline would do a "throwback" makeup line and bring back this product and other favorites.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

6 years ago

Oh my God! This takes me back 11 years! Hahah I bought this just when I was about to start grade 9. That was the year I got into makeup. I went to Zellers a picked up this one and 2 of the wet shine diamonds lipsticks. One was Tawny Twinkle and the other, the name escapes me. I loved this back them. It was shiny and sparkly and gave my lips this wonderful sheen. <3 However, the staying power sucked, though I didn't care. I would just reply it several times during the day LOL I also found that when the colour faded, the glitter would still cling to your lips and then migrate all over mouth, Cupid's bow and chin. Not sexy... Here's your makeup throwback Thursday! ;)

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

Out of all the colors that were left on the shelves of Maybelline's Wet Shine Diamond Lipgloss, this was the one that I think best suited my olive skin tone. The color is mauve with very tiny silver and red glitter. I was afraid the shade might be too dark but it applies sheer. It's a very nice color and the glitter isn't gritty. This gloss also has a very nice shine and is not sticky. However, I would only purchase this if it were on sale (this tube was on clearance, plus I had a coupon) because it's such a small tube, even though I think it would last me quite a while.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

15 years ago

I bought this product during some drugstore sale, and I am quite pleased with this gloss. It gives a very pretty shimmer, with plum undertones to the pink, but not so sparkly as to be tacky. The only downside: the smell is a little funny, almost metallic, I would say, and if you accidently lick it, it doesn't have the greatest taste in the world. Other than that this lipgloss is certainly a bargain. update: I decided I won't buy this again and dropped 1 lippie b/c the liquid always spills out of the container and mess up my mu bag. Sigh, it's good i guess if you're not carrying it.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

16 years ago

This looks very pretty on my cool-toned, fair skin. I wear this along with a grey smokey eye and it looks great! The glitter is enough to be noticeable, but it isn't gritty and it doesn't spread all over your face like with some glittery glosses. I might not buy it again but it was definitely better than I was expecting. The color looks less mauvey and more pinkish on me, so minus a lippy.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

16 years ago

I love the wet shine glosses. Jewels 'N Berries is a nice berry shade, it looks really dark in the tube but applies as a sheer berry wash. I really love the shade, its sheer enough to wear with smokey eyes too. These glosses aren't to thick and cakey or to slick. They don't seem to have any scent or taste to them and the tube is a bit small but you get enough for the price. My only complaint is that they wear off extra quick, like in half an hour to an hour.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

HairRed

16 years ago

This shows up a cool-toned light shimmery eggplant with loads of micro-glitter. It's probably one of the darkest shades in this line. It lasts average for a gloss and the smell is ok.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

EyesGreen

from

16 years ago

This gloss is great...the packaging is pretty cheap looking but the color is perfect for this reason: when I wear it, other girls (in the know) ask me what combination of glosses Im wearing, because they assume the pretty color must come from several different products. That's why I love it! It's a really pretty, non-offensive purple color that looks great on my MMM skin.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

16 years ago

I love the deep berry-plum color and the super-shiny look of this gloss but the shimmer gets all over my face after a while. It's there even after I remove all my makeup. I like to wear this gloss over matte lipsticks or lipliner. The packaging is kinda cheesy. Thankfully this has no weird smell or taste.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

16 years ago

This darker purple color suited my medium golden olive skin pretty well.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive