Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

3.9

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/27/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Fantastic for sensitive skin as it’s fragrance free gentle yet cleans well and doesn’t give you that stripped feeling you can get with most other soap bars. I have tried using it on my face, but didn’t like that as my face is acne prone. For body though it’s affordable and awesome. Bought a 16 pack for $15.99 at Costco can’t beat that price at 1$/bar and it lasts a while since it’s a soap bar! And in combination with a good exfoliating loofa (I have one from target for $5 with a wood handle that I love!) my skin has never been better. I should have tried this soap much sooner instead of throwing money down the drain with more pricy gel body washes like the aveeno skin relief I love that one but nothing has made the skin on my body as soft and hydrated as this. I used to have little bumps on the back on my upper arms and top of my thighs that have gone away since I started using this and usually my skin feels dry the next day so I’d have to heavily moisturize everyday not with this baby! I do follow up with an aveeno daily moisturizer after showering but have used that for years so that definitely wasn’t doing any magic lol Love love love the dove beauty bar for sensitive skin!!

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

on 7/15/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin type: Oily after two hours post-cleansing, blackheads on nose, whiteheads/clogged pores only on forehead, occasional pimples on forehead around eyebrows area.

I have tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING has made my skin more flawless than this. After two days of twice a day washing, all my blackheads are gone. After three to four days, 90% whiteheads gone. And my two big pimples are healing and deflating after 3 days after popping up. AMAZING. Two weeks later, my skin is almost perfect.

I never thought that simplifying my beauty routine would do such wonders.

on 11/10/2010 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm a huge fan of Dove products, and this simple bar of soap is really good. Used to use this all the time, but have now switched to shower gels. This really moisturises as it cleanses, yet it is very gentle on my sensitive skin. Has a nice light perfume scent, but is not overly powering. Such a great product at a dirt cheap price! Perfect!

on 9/7/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SO i wanted to try this as the reviews are amazing, it's crazy cheap and also, i can't find my marcelle aquarelle anymore...it's replaced with some new clean-ac stuff. it's been a few days now and i really am impressed. so few things work on my skin and won't break me out but dove sensitive bar is actually soothing my skin, doesn't leave it tight but doesn't leave a film. result...clean, comfortable and even a bit clearer complexion. i'm sold. i think it's hilarious that i have spent so much trying to get nice skin and a bar of soap for 1.50 and a moisturizer for 3.00 (Equate dual action oil free moisturizer) is getting the best results.

on 6/1/2009 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Highly recommended by many Doctors my child has seen who suffers from eczema. It does wonders for her skin and the moisturizer within this soap helps out a lot! You'll always find this in my household!

on 11/15/2005 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great soap for people with sensitive skin. Will not dry out your skin or leave you itchy like some soaps. This soap and the original orange Dial bar are the only ones I will use.

on 11/16/2003 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this only on my body however its fine for me to use on my face. I have never broke out from Dove. The sensitive skin bar soap is the only soap I can use. I break out in terrible hives if I use the wrong thing. This has absolutely no fragrance so there is nothing to interfere with my perfume or body spray. It leaves my skin clean and sooo soft. Compared to regular bar soaps, there is no nasty sticky film left on your skin.

on 8/13/2017 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Works fine for the body. Face? Probably not because of it's iffy reviews and I did break out a little more than usual when I used this anywhere near my face but funny enough lathering it up on my hands to my hair, works great for that and as a hand soap PERFECT. Works ok "down there" and doesn't make your skin feel draggy and tight like other bars

on 9/8/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like Dove Soap. I love the original scented white beauty bar, and I really like the unscented, sensitive skin version.
Here's the thing. I can only use Dove Sensitive on my face once in a while. When my skin is dehydrated or if I have over exfoliated. Dove needs to be followed with a toner, and until I find one that doesn't irritate my skin, I may use Dove Sensitive steady.
The problem is this: it does not irritate my skin or really cause breakouts-but it does start making my skin look bumpy & "rough" and muddy (uneven skin tone) so I can use it for a few days before I get clogged pores and under-the-skin bumps. I don't know why, I really like the way it feels. So easy on my skin, so simple...maybe I'll go back to Simple Refreshing Cleansing Gel.
***UPDATE*** November 5th 2013
Yep Dove does not irritate my skin-no nasty welts itching or hives. However, this detergent bar (because it is NOT a soap in the classic sense of lye & tallow) but it does contain tallow, (aka being "super fatted" ) and for me that caused some serious, hard to get rid of sebum plugs. It sucks because everything about Dove Bar seems "right" somehow, but it's not :C
As I'd stated above: Back to Simple Refreshing Cleansing Gel
***Update***June 2014
I wanted to go back to dove for these reasons:
Unscented
Soothing to a compromised skin barrier.
However, there's the scum to be concerned with. The residue. I used Marcelle's ultra gentle gel cleanser and in the shower it would rinse off a reside that clogged the drain strainer in the tub. Even Dove doesn't have that much residue.
In my bathroom there's three cleansers I keep hovering around: Spectro Jel, Marcelle's gel cleanser and lots and lots of bar soap. Dove in particular.
At the end of the day, I feel weary with the obsessive round & round trying to maintain or obtain something that isn't reasonable.
I have decided to use dove soap and a good gentle toner clean diet and keep it simple. I think that's really the key
***UPDATE***
March 2015
Still using dove. I sometimes use Dove Baby unscented if I can find it without dipropylene glycol. Dove sensitive, and unscented versions are the only thing I trust to wash my skin with. Top to toes. If I use the original white bar with scent I get rashy and itchy. I find that the pore clogging issue can be dealt with using a BHA or AHA toner. I prefer AHA, and use a cheap and rather weak glycolic toner. It seems to be working out. From now on I will only be using dove as my cleanser.