Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After buying a big pack in Costco, I was always trying to look for new ways to use this wonderful product.
I use one bar for my face, works wonders! cleared my stubborn teenage acne, made my face soft and smooth.
Another bar for body wash and shaving cream. I rub this bar all over my legs then shave, my legs love it! The only bar that doesn't break me out.
I was alittle skeptical of using a bar soap on my face, but this is so gentle, perfect for my oily/combination sensitative skin.
HIGHLY recommanded.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I used this for years but switched to Aveeno/Cetaphil to help with my skin condition. This is a very mild, vaguely scented soap that moisturizes wonderfully and doesn't irritate the skin at all. Definitely a HG product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin is a mild face/body soap with no fragrance. It moisturizes skin and leaves it with that touchy soft feeling. I use this with Shiseido's face massage brush to exfoliate and wash off make up. It's been about 2 weeks now and my skin has never been better. The stubborn blackheads on my nose have disappeared and I no longer have cystic acne along the jaw line. I highly recommend using the brush to scrub deep inside the pores and clean behind the hard to reach areas like behind the nose. The brush is made of silicone and it's so soft on the face and lathers very well with the brush. Overall, I love this soap. It cost about $1.50 each but sometimes you can get really good deals on the 6pack for 5.99. It's moisturizing and not over drying. It's unscented I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin and cystic acne.

Ingredients: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate; Stearic Acid; Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate; Lauric Acid; Sodium Isethionate; Water; Sodium Stearate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate; Sodium Chloride; Tetrasodium EDTA; Tetrasodium Etidronate; Maltol; Titanium Dioxide

on 5/3/2006 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wrote another review a few months ago, but that review was regarding the softening properties of this soap, and I wanted to write another one to let people know that this soap will do wonders for oily, acne-prone skin as well. I have been a martyr to periodic breakouts ever since I was 18, and during the past two years, I finally got it under control with some medication. However, although I broke out less often, I still broke out. Then I tried this bar soap at the same time that I decided to change my acne-control regimen to treatments with salicylic acid, and I was extremely excited when I went for two months without a breakout and my skin texture improved dramatically. I assumed that my new clear skin was due to my salicylic acid treatment, and never ever considered that it was because of the Dove bar. However, about three weeks ago the bar ran out, and I was too lazy to repurchase it because I had lots of other cleansers sitting around in my bathroom. So after perhaps two or three days of using other cleansers, I suddenly started to break out. I was convinced that the reason was because my salicylic acid treatment had gotten too hot on a recent trip to the desert and perhaps that had adversely affected my skin. Finally, after two weeks of dealing with these new breakouts, I was at the drugstore and decided to repurchase the bar. To my amazement, I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. My skin was softer and smoother and my breakouts were retreating, FAST. I can now definitively conclude that this bar is the reason that my acne was kept at bay for those two months that I was acne-free. While the salicylic acid did wonders with my blackheads, this bar is what has made the difference when it comes to cystic acne. I would recommend this bar to anyone, with any type of skin.

on 4/29/2006 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was recommended this product by one of my (many) dermatologists. I use it because i have incredibly sensitive skin, coupled with pretty severe eczema on my body and face. I like it because it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals or fragrances and it still leaves me feeling clean.

Sometimes simple is definitely better. I would recommned this as well as shorter, warm (NOT HOT) showers, and I definitely notice an improvement in my skin if i take this simple advice from my derm. Great for eczema sufferers.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG soap for my face and body. After a horrible allergic reaction to Gain laundry detergent, my skin is sooooo sensitive to(everything) soaps, laundry detergents, fabric softeners etc. I could only use Ivory but then used Dove Sensitive after getting some free coupons and never went back to Ivory again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Thumbs up! See my review under "Gels/soaps: Dove Beauty Bar." I use this on my body (not on my face).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a skin care therapist and I've used all kinds of facial cleansers, from high end to low end and I'm absolutely thrilled that I won't be spending 40 dollars ever again for a facial cleanser that won't work. I suffered acne from a very young age all through my early 20's. We've always said that bars are harsh on the skin of the face since it's high on alkaline, and this is true, but this bar has cleared my skin 95%
It is quite drying so a great oil free moisturiser for acne prone skin is ideal to solve the tightness it leaves you, but all in all, I would suffer momentary tightness than acne any day.

on 7/14/2006 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I haven't been using it for too long. I do love the cheapness and the portability of a bar soap.
But i just feel like it leaves a film on my skin. Could be just my imagination. I'm going to try to use it for an entire week to test out how well it does with my oily skin which does dry out if i wash it too much or too aggressively (for example using Olay Daily Facials sort of stuff twice a day dries my skin completely). I will write back then. I really hope that it doesn't dry my skin out or clog my pores. So far, so good. However, doesn't rinse as "clean" as the regular Dove or the "exfoliating" one.
Also, still confused about the differnece b/w the sensitive and unscented one. i wonder if there's actually any difference in the ingredients?