Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

on 7/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this bar to remove my makeup & as my cleanser when my skin is feeling irritated/dry. It removes makeup really well & cleanses my skin thoroughly w/o drying it out. I've repurchased this product more times than I can remember, definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best makeup remover for my clog prone skin. It removes everything (including mascara) very quickly & gently. My skin gets easily red/irritated but I have no negative reactions w/this soap. If you're looking for a cheap yet effective mu remover I recommend you give this a try!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.
UPDATE2018 - It's been 6 years and I have tried a few other soaps and I keep going back to Dove. I will stay with it.
I am trying to go cruelty free /animal product free, but so far nothing compares to the Dove bar. It's the only thing I havent been able to replace.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best facial cleanser ever! I have used Dove since my dermatologist recommended it thirty years ago. I pair this with my Clarisonic (after I have removed my makeup) and it does a great job of keeping my skin soft and blemish-free.

on 1/10/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

the only soap i've ever used that is gentle enough to not upset the ph balance of a certain area, all other soaps are too harsh (irish spring, you smell so good, but you do not belong in my shower).

on 10/20/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I started using it as a facewash after running out of other things to try. I was using nothing but honey and yogurt for awhile and while my skin looked nice, I was still getting some breakouts. I was going to go back to the one cleanser that worked for me (even though it stung my eyes like crazy) only to find out they reformulated it. I ended up getting a 2-pack of bars after reading the reviews on here, and so far, so good. I've only been using it for about a week, but no new acne in that time plus it removes my MMU and mascara in one step. My one complaint is that it leaves my face a tiny bit tight/dry feeling. Since I've yet to find a moisturizer I wasn't sure how to fix this. Today I tried just a couple spritzes of rosewater which I normally use for applying and setting my MMU and it seems to have taken away that tight feeling. The only other thing that has me concerned is exfoliation. I'm thinking I'll end up doing yogurt masks a couple times a week to take care of this, but I want to wait awhile longer before adding those. I'd like to get at least two straight weeks of nothing but the Dove.

A few other things I really like:
Doesn't sting my eyes even when removing eye makeup
Controls oiliness without being overly drying
Doesn't cause redness or irritation

Right now I'm going to give this a 5 and update if anything changes.

on 2/10/2011 1:25:00 AM

I have been a MUA member for over five years and have never written a review. The Dove Beauty Bar deserves my high praise and so I've decided to break my trend.

In the past I have had just-OK skin. It seemed like no matter what I always had at least one pimple raging, usually on my chin. I knew hormones was part of the problem but I was determined to become acne free. Like most MUA members, I tried all kinds of things: salicylic acid facial cleansers, benzoyl peroxide creams, aspirin masks, AHA. Not only did none of these products seem to really make anything better, they also left my skin dull, dry, and red. I was too afraid to abandon them because I figured redness was better than an angry pimples.

I used Dove as body soap since I was a kid but never tried it on my face because 1) I thought I needed something more targeted to my acne problems and 2) I heard from many people to never use a soap OR a bar on your face. Dove was both of these things so I always avoided washing my face with it. For whatever the reason, two months ago I decided that I was going to scale back my intense routine and stick to simple products. I had Dove beauty bars lying around and just thought I'd finally give it a go.

So glad I did. I have not had a pimple come to head in two months (and the ones I felt coming were easily taken care of by Acne.org's 2.5% BP gel before they were noticeable) and my skin is hydrated, clear, and calm. I have a routine that is listed below but I think most of the benefits in my skin are due to the switch to Dove. I wish I had tried this earlier: if your skin isn't responding to harsh chemicals and medications, give Dove a try. It will calm your skin in preparation for other light treatments.

Current Routine with Dove:
AM:
Wash w/ Dove beauty bar
Apply moisturizer (for me, Lumene Sensitive Touch, followed by a SPF cream)

PM:
I do a double wash/rinse in the evening because I wear makeup and SPF-
Perricone MD Gentle Wash (first)
Dove beauty bar (second)
Acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (only when needed)
Lumene Sensitive Touch moisturizer, Roc Deep Wrinkle Cream,
AHA every other night

on 4/30/2010 5:10:00 PM

Like many of you out there i don't think you need to spend a lot of money on skin care to have good skin. I have tried so many cleansers from mostly chemists, Boots and Superdrug in the Uk. I have never bought any high end skin care e.g clinique, shisheido i cringe at the prices and i think the people who buy them are fools. The key to good skin i have learned the hardway is to keep your skin care routine simplistic. Have you ever noticed that the people with fabulous comlexions often do little in terms of their skin care routine and dare i say it use soap and water. Hard to believe i know, after all this talk of soap is bad for your skin etc etc when its really all you need. So any way after reading reviews on here I went to Superdrug and bought a twin pack of Dove Soap for Sensitive skin. Its odourless thank god as i find the original Dove overly perfumed. Its soo gentle and mild and the first soap i have discovered not to be drying or leave my skin tight. I use it morning and night and follow up with Witch Hazel as a toner and then sunscreen in the day and just witch hazel afterwards at night to let my skin breath and function itself. I have suffered from acne since i was eleven and have been on Accutane, used Benzoyl Peroxide and have always been searching for the perfect routine for me. Now i can say i found it, i love Dove Sensitive Skin Soap. Simplicity is the key, try it! it will not leave a hole in your pocket thats for sure and Dermatologists reccomend it.