Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/24/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because of how cheap it is. Unfortunately, I got an itchy rash and breakouts after only few uses. It works fine for me as a body soap though!

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

on 12/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this. After reading the great reviews I hoped this would be an instant replacement for my usual clarins cleanser. I bought two bars since they were in a pack together and used one on my face and the other in the shower. Bad idea. Firstly, it stung my eyes, which is not a major gripe, but it's definitely something my regular cleanser doesn't do. Then, I ended up breaking out in an itchy rash. My skin is not sensitive, but I continued to use this bar for a few days before finally concluding that it does not work for me. I gave two stars because the price is reasonable and it lathers pretty well.

on 7/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this bar to remove my makeup & as my cleanser when my skin is feeling irritated/dry. It removes makeup really well & cleanses my skin thoroughly w/o drying it out. I've repurchased this product more times than I can remember, definitely recommend!

on 5/4/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Last month I switched to Dove Sensitive thinking it would be better for my 51 yr old skin that is oily and prone to breakouts. I really liked that it's unscented, my skin felt nice, not dried out. But, after using it the first couple weeks I started to breakout. I have more blemishes, a couple cystic blemishes like I've never had before. After several weeks giving this soap a try and just realizing this is the only thing I've changed, it has to be this soap. I've also found on Beautypedia that Dove Sensitive Unscented is rated Poor. I wish I had researched before I purchased.

Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is similar to Doves other Beauty Bars and is not recommended. Although this bar cleanser is fragrance-free, it still contains soap constituents that can be drying for skin and definitely do not rinse well. The residue this cleanser leaves on skin can impede the performance of leave-on products such as exfoliants and moisturizers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best makeup remover for my clog prone skin. It removes everything (including mascara) very quickly & gently. My skin gets easily red/irritated but I have no negative reactions w/this soap. If you're looking for a cheap yet effective mu remover I recommend you give this a try!

on 11/30/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have bought this soap over & over again. I love that it's fragrance free. I mainly use it for feminine hygiene but in the past I have used it as my sole facial cleanser and found it to be the best I have yet to find for m/u removal. The lather is very rich and creamy, I have oily skin and didn't find this drying at all. That being said this does nothing to deep clean my pores which is why I have since switched to using a BHA wash for my face.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.

on 4/28/2013 3:58:00 PM

I was always told not to use soap on my face because it can clog pores and can over time strip skin of essential oils. My friend swears by this soap, and claims that it made her skin smooth and hydrated. I decided to give it a try and it really did make my face super smooth! I used the soap and then used my regular face wash. I know this is not advised to do but it did remove all of my makeup and did not dry out my skin. This soap is super inexpensive and lasts a very long time.