Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've always been one of those girls that when buying a product I think "okay, if this really works I'll totally review it." But I never truly fall in love with the product :-( .However, this product was bought completely on a whim. I have extremely oily skin which in thus, is super prone to black heads. I had just started my period when I decided to try this, more of a last straw kinda thing because I had literally tried everything! And if your anything like me when my monthly gift roles around I get these awful cystic like zits that hurt. Well taking a chance on this I've never been so thrilled with a product before! Like I'm talking night and day difference. The day I bought it I washed my face, took a nap and woke up to practically 1) very few black heads. 2) and my hormonal cystic pimples had gone down a noticeable difference! It's super creamy and really does feel like it gets your face clean, and with oily faces that's a must! It doesn't really have an awful smell like some people say it does, it just smells kinda natural I guess? And I think the best part of it all was usually no matter what face wash I use (and I have seriously tried everything from proactiv to honey) I have to use a lotion afterwards which really doesn't help with my oily black head prone skin, I usually use cerave but it leaves my face almost to greasy. With this beauty bar my face didn't feel tight or to dry at all! And that's never happened before! I'm so excited to see where this bar will take me!

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .

on 3/9/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This soap is supposed to be unscented but it stinks sooo bad.
I regret I bought them, will never re-purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this product to maintain feminine hygiene and odour under the arms. I just take the soap in my hand and lather gently and very briefly on each spot. It keeps me clean, unlike fancy scented Pre de Provence and Pacifica soaps which I can't use in those sensitive areas. It doesn't dry my skin out like Ivory, Zest, Irish Spring, Almay, etc. brands do. It's absolutely perfect and I've repurchased the multi-packs at least 30 times. I hope to use it as long as I live, I have no reason to try looking for anything better. (Some reviewers don't like using the soap on their faces: I haven't washed my face with the bar soap I use to wash my body since I was 10 years old and started using The Body Shop tea tree oil soap. I don't recommended using drugstore bar soaps on your face, or with rough washcloths, and never "scrub" anywhere on your body. You aren't "cleaning" your skin when you scrub, your skin is not a metal pot, it is a living organism - no need for scouring!)

on 12/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this soap! It's an amazing gentle yet effective cleanser. I was using the Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser for a while but at $7 dollars a bottle it started getting quite expensive (I use my cleanser for removing face and eye makeup, so I use a lot of it).
Initially using this, I was skeptical mainly because I've never had positive experiences with bar soaps, but this is a truly amazing product. It removes all traces of eye and face makeup without striping my face or stinging my eyes (they will get slightly irritated if the soap gets in them, but it does not irritate my eye lids or eye area). It's also very cost effective because you can get a two bar pack for around 3.25 USD which is super cheap and one bar probably lasts me three or so months.
Just a tip, when I bought this I bought a travel soap dish for around a dollar with a closing lid to keep out on my bathroom vanity, mainly so it would be covered and reduce the risk of bacteria and other things like air freshener, body/hair spray, I found it better than using a traditional soap dish for not only sanitary reasons but because it also makes the soap super easy to travel with.

Love love love this cleanser. So cheap, yet so effective. I've repurchased it for over a year now and will continue to do so!

on 9/15/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I prefer this to the original formulation as it is SLS free and doesn't irritate my dry, slightly sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up as nicely as general Dove soap but I prefer less bubbles to dry irritated skin : )

on 3/20/2012 12:28:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

on 11/9/2011 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this soap very moisturising and non irritating on my sensitive skin. It works well to remove makeup, but I find that after a few days of continuous use I start to get a few small spots on my forehead and cheeks. Shame as this is a very gentle cleanser otherwise!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm kinda on the fence about this one. It's a nice, gentle soap, and it does the job, but I could swear the "fragrance-free" formula has a very light perfume to it. Maybe it's just the smell of the actual ingredients, but I just am not crazy about it. It's faint, but sort of unpleasantly baby-powderish.

On the plus side, it hasn't given my skin a rash yet...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

i have crazy sensitive skin and this stuff is perfect for me! it clears the pimples i get from all those stupid cleansers u can buy at drugstores! i realized that my skin was just having allergic reactions from all that stuff! well never again! iit makes my skin like a babys butt too! also got rid of the mild kp on my arms as well :)