Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/13/2017 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Works fine for the body. Face? Probably not because of it's iffy reviews and I did break out a little more than usual when I used this anywhere near my face but funny enough lathering it up on my hands to my hair, works great for that and as a hand soap PERFECT. Works ok "down there" and doesn't make your skin feel draggy and tight like other bars

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

on 8/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

I have had acne since I was born (OK, not really but it feels like that long). I am now 50 (gasp) and STILL have sucky skin. I tried this and at first didn't like it, went back to my various other products (that also didn't' work). I went back to Dove sensitive bar and have used it for 3 months now. It took a while for my skin to adapt (aka purge) but now it is much better. The purging is less than with a Clarisonic, for reference. I am giving this 3 more months and then I am going to try it with the Clarisonic for added cleansing. My whole family has switched and everyone's skin (including tween girls) looks better. If I am travelling and forget moisturizer, I can skip a day of it with this cleanser (my skin is very oily). My pores seem smaller and wrinkles less noticeable. I am no longer breaking out like a teen!

on 6/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My whole family has extremely dry & sensitive (eczema) prone skin. This bar of soap is the only bar of soap allowed in our house. We can use it on face or body and it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin. The house is also filled with boys who have this skin...this makes their skin regime so much easier. I will gladly follow many steps for skin care, my sons and husband...not so much. This helps keep them on the right track. Now if I can just get them to put lotion on after the shower. I hope they never stop making it. Our family would be in deep skin trouble.

on 6/18/2016 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am falling in love with this soap. I have sensitive, dehydrated, normal to dry skin and have been looking for the "perfect" face cleanser for many years now. I bought this because it said for sensitive skin and it has made my skin so much better. I wash my face with this then i use oatmeal as a second cleaner and my skin feels so smooth. It does dry out my skin a little more than the cleanser i was using before but this one is not causing breakouts and once i moisturize im fine. A very good head to toe product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've used Dove products since I came out the womb lol, my mom used to bathe me and wash my face with Dove soap and I had stopped using it about 5 years ago. After trying everything from Neutrogena, Clean and Clear--you name it--I returned to this after being overly frusturated. Everything else is so drying and I prefer the sensitive skin version just because it doesn't have as many harmful ingredients in it including fragrance. It's a great basic cleanser for everywhere, but I took off a lippie because it dries out your skin just a tad bit but coconut oil fixes it.

on 10/23/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the only product i use on my body...been using it for over 10 years. Before that i used Dial which made my skin constantly dry. This doesnt dry me out like regular bar soap...and I dont like using products on my skin with fragrance (except perfume) so this is perfect. The only thing is I seem to use it up faster than other bar ive used in the past

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!