Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

on 5/26/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have just now discover why I break out. I haven't been washing my face with the right cleanser. Eversince I started using this beauty bar to wash my face twice a day, my face is now clear without applying BP at night. It removes makeup and oil off my face. Leaves my face clean but not dry like every cleanser does. Try it. It's cheap and you've got nothing to lose.

on 3/20/2012 12:28:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

on 3/27/2011 5:00:00 PM

I have been using this bar soap for my face for over a year now. I used to use a variety of face wash from different brands and nothing compares to this bar soap which is cheap, effective, mild and unscented. My skin is a combination of dry to normal or normal to oily depending on the weather conditions. Ever since I have used this product, my skin has cleared up amazingly, smooth and no breakouts.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I grabbed some sample bars from the dermatologist at least a year ago... I never used them though because my skin is so oily and acne-prone I figured I should use a cleanser targeted at keeping skin oil-free or something.

I recently got eye dermatitis and my Clean and Clear cleanser kind of burned my skin around my eyes. I decided to start using the beauty bar sample since it promised to be more gentle... and wow!!! I love it!

I've now been using the Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin for about 4 weeks with my Clarisonic. My skin has definitely improved... I thought perhaps I was eating healthier or something, but really I think this cleanser has done wonders. It leaves my skin soft and slightly moisturized, rather than stripped of all moisture and tight.

I am used to getting 2 or 3 pimples every few days... really unfortunate... but in the last 4 weeks I have probably only gotten 2 pimples.

A+ product :)

on 8/23/2010 3:03:00 PM

IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN YOU MUST BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Over the last couple of years I have been putting my face through HELL!!!! Constantly changing facial cleansers medications toners steaming my face... the list goes on!!!! MY face was a MESS! A painful mess of acne all over my face that I was so desperate I tried EVERYTHING...but dove. I thought that dove would make my face worse because it is known for high moisturizing effect..and for some reason I was stupid enough to think that this would make make my face more oily. WRONG. The key to curing your acne FOR ANYBODY is to be as gentle as possible with your face. You need to baby it.STOP PICKING, SQUEEZING..EVERYTHING!!! Any dove product that I have come across is gentle enough to use on a baby! I use this soap and the facial cleanser for sensitive skin to wash my face, then I put the sensitive skin face lotion on and BAM...within like a week my face has cleared up one hundred percent. My face hasnt been this soft or clear since I was a child. The transformation is crazy. so please, IF YOU HAVE SERIOUS ACNE like I did, do yourself a favour and try the sensitive skin line by dove.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I picked up a 2 pack of the Dove Sensitive Skin bars out of desperation. Nothing works cleansing my skin, no matter how much it costs, so I decided to go old school and try Dove. I have an elderly aunt who's used it for years but I cannot stand the cloying powdery smell of the original, which lingers in her bathroom. While I loved the smell of the other bars, I was scared to use that much scent on my face. So when I found this, I grabbed it. It's not completely unscented, but it smells like basic soap.
Boy was I shocked! The blackheads on my nose and the redness on my chin that have plagued me for years is gone. Even after spending $$$$ over the years on everything under the sun, I could not get rid of the t-zone clogged pores. Now they're gone and I'm thrilled and still have money in my wallet. :) I use DHC Cleansing Oil first, then use the Dove on the areas where I'm prone to blackheads and acne. It costs less than DHC soap and I don't have to wait for UPS to drop it off when I run out. Plus it goes on SALE at the store. How many times have you seen a pricey cleanser do that?

on 3/15/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. My doctor suggested me to use it two months before for my acne, and I used it about one month. My acne is almost gone... The price is very reasonable. But I found a better cleaser now, so I won't use it for a while. I think I would come back to use it again when my buget is tight... ^^

EDIT: after almost three months used, I think it's my HG cleaser now. I notice some people complain that it clog pores. I found that if you use more each time, it won't clog pores. It's cheap anyway, so use a little more won't hurt your wallet, right?

on 1/24/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

HG! I've sensitive skin that's easily irritate/breaks out in hives if i use something with fragrance, or my skin disagrees with. I love love this. Not only is it great for my sensitive skin it also helps with any body acne i might get. this is definitely a keeper.