Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've always been one of those girls that when buying a product I think "okay, if this really works I'll totally review it." But I never truly fall in love with the product :-( .However, this product was bought completely on a whim. I have extremely oily skin which in thus, is super prone to black heads. I had just started my period when I decided to try this, more of a last straw kinda thing because I had literally tried everything! And if your anything like me when my monthly gift roles around I get these awful cystic like zits that hurt. Well taking a chance on this I've never been so thrilled with a product before! Like I'm talking night and day difference. The day I bought it I washed my face, took a nap and woke up to practically 1) very few black heads. 2) and my hormonal cystic pimples had gone down a noticeable difference! It's super creamy and really does feel like it gets your face clean, and with oily faces that's a must! It doesn't really have an awful smell like some people say it does, it just smells kinda natural I guess? And I think the best part of it all was usually no matter what face wash I use (and I have seriously tried everything from proactiv to honey) I have to use a lotion afterwards which really doesn't help with my oily black head prone skin, I usually use cerave but it leaves my face almost to greasy. With this beauty bar my face didn't feel tight or to dry at all! And that's never happened before! I'm so excited to see where this bar will take me!

on 3/9/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This soap is supposed to be unscented but it stinks sooo bad.
I regret I bought them, will never re-purchase again.

Like many others here, I found that it dries the skin on my face. Depending on the time of the month, I can sometimes feel it pulling, it's that dry. I sometimes feel that it doesn't fully wash away (probably because of the cream).

I also don't like the smell too much but would have lived with it if it was good for my skin.

on 5/26/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have just now discover why I break out. I haven't been washing my face with the right cleanser. Eversince I started using this beauty bar to wash my face twice a day, my face is now clear without applying BP at night. It removes makeup and oil off my face. Leaves my face clean but not dry like every cleanser does. Try it. It's cheap and you've got nothing to lose.

on 3/20/2012 12:28:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

on 3/27/2011 5:00:00 PM

I have been using this bar soap for my face for over a year now. I used to use a variety of face wash from different brands and nothing compares to this bar soap which is cheap, effective, mild and unscented. My skin is a combination of dry to normal or normal to oily depending on the weather conditions. Ever since I have used this product, my skin has cleared up amazingly, smooth and no breakouts.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I grabbed some sample bars from the dermatologist at least a year ago... I never used them though because my skin is so oily and acne-prone I figured I should use a cleanser targeted at keeping skin oil-free or something.

I recently got eye dermatitis and my Clean and Clear cleanser kind of burned my skin around my eyes. I decided to start using the beauty bar sample since it promised to be more gentle... and wow!!! I love it!

I've now been using the Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin for about 4 weeks with my Clarisonic. My skin has definitely improved... I thought perhaps I was eating healthier or something, but really I think this cleanser has done wonders. It leaves my skin soft and slightly moisturized, rather than stripped of all moisture and tight.

I am used to getting 2 or 3 pimples every few days... really unfortunate... but in the last 4 weeks I have probably only gotten 2 pimples.

A+ product :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

My HG cleanser. I've tried soooooo many cleansers over the years (everything from Shiseido to Clearasil to Lancome to Laneige to Mario Badesco to Boots Botanics etc...) and they all just ruined my skin further. The Dove sensitive skin soap is the only thing that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and that doesn't break me out. I have normal-combo skin and this soap never strips it or leaves it feeling dry at all, it leaves my skin clean yet hydrated. Doesn't lather as much as the original Dove soap but still provides a decent amount. Removes dirt, oil and grime from my face super easily and there's no cloying scent to it. I buy mine from Tesco's - a 2 pack for about 1.20 which is pretty cheap. 1 bar lasts me ages so it's definately worth the price either way. Since using I've noticed a reduction in breakouts (I used to have pimples all over and some cystic ones too) and just generally more clearer, brighter skin. I use it twice a day, morning and night. A defiante staple for me.

UPDATE: Can no longer use it on my face as it caused cystic pimples and actually ended up stripping my skin of moisture. I wouldn't repurchase.