Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 12/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this soap! It's an amazing gentle yet effective cleanser. I was using the Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser for a while but at $7 dollars a bottle it started getting quite expensive (I use my cleanser for removing face and eye makeup, so I use a lot of it).
Initially using this, I was skeptical mainly because I've never had positive experiences with bar soaps, but this is a truly amazing product. It removes all traces of eye and face makeup without striping my face or stinging my eyes (they will get slightly irritated if the soap gets in them, but it does not irritate my eye lids or eye area). It's also very cost effective because you can get a two bar pack for around 3.25 USD which is super cheap and one bar probably lasts me three or so months.
Just a tip, when I bought this I bought a travel soap dish for around a dollar with a closing lid to keep out on my bathroom vanity, mainly so it would be covered and reduce the risk of bacteria and other things like air freshener, body/hair spray, I found it better than using a traditional soap dish for not only sanitary reasons but because it also makes the soap super easy to travel with.

Love love love this cleanser. So cheap, yet so effective. I've repurchased it for over a year now and will continue to do so!

on 8/12/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS!! i use it for everything! washing my body, my face, shaving my legs, cleaning brushes! its amazing

on 11/8/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Our toddler has dry, sensitive skin and her pediatrician suggested we switch to unscented Dove. I couldn't believe the difference in her skin after one bath, so I thought I'd give it a try. My skin is very dry and super itchy. I am amazed at how much this little bar of soap has helped me! My skin is soft and calm with no bumps or red spots. I've been using it on my face too and I love it. It removes my makeup and doesn't cause any breakouts or congestion. I also use it in place of liquid hand soap and it's really helped my hands. They're crazy dry and crack and bleed. Using the sensitive bar has really helped them heal and they no longer hurt and are super soft. I am totally hooked on this stuff! It's an effective cleanser but mild and soothing. Perfect!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I picked up a 2 pack of the Dove Sensitive Skin bars out of desperation. Nothing works cleansing my skin, no matter how much it costs, so I decided to go old school and try Dove. I have an elderly aunt who's used it for years but I cannot stand the cloying powdery smell of the original, which lingers in her bathroom. While I loved the smell of the other bars, I was scared to use that much scent on my face. So when I found this, I grabbed it. It's not completely unscented, but it smells like basic soap.
Boy was I shocked! The blackheads on my nose and the redness on my chin that have plagued me for years is gone. Even after spending $$$$ over the years on everything under the sun, I could not get rid of the t-zone clogged pores. Now they're gone and I'm thrilled and still have money in my wallet. :) I use DHC Cleansing Oil first, then use the Dove on the areas where I'm prone to blackheads and acne. It costs less than DHC soap and I don't have to wait for UPS to drop it off when I run out. Plus it goes on SALE at the store. How many times have you seen a pricey cleanser do that?

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Awesome. Simply awesome. This doesn't break me out, dry me out or wreak havoc on my sometimes sensitive skin. All of the Dove bars are mild enough that I can use them for my face as well as body w/o issues. I simply wet my face, lather the bar between my hands and apply to face rubbing in small circular motions for about a minute, this even removes most of my eye makeup. I have also used Dove w/ my pretika brush (clarisonic dupe) and had excelelnt results, not harsh at all. There is no residue only fresh, clean skin.

on 10/8/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Dove Beauty Bar Sensitive Skin was recommended by my derm who said I had the driest skin she had ever seen. It is my top to toe soap. Yep, face, too. And I love it. The facial redness is better, the itchy bod is better. Now if they just don't toy with the formula, I have a keeper.

on 5/26/2007 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this soap. My skin looks much better just using this than when I was using my other more expensive line.

on 5/20/2007 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought a bar of this while on vacation, since I couldn't take my usual cleanser on the plane, and I was really amazed to discover that I really liked it. I have REALLY dry skin, and I live in a dry climate, and I like that this doesn't make my skin feel stripped. It's really gentle, didn't break me out at all, and it does a good job of removing makeup too. I feel like I should note though, that I don't generally get acne unless my skin is pissed about something, so if that's a big issue for you, this may be to mild to do anything.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love Dove!! I can only use it on my face in summer though, still too drying for my face in winter, I have to use Clinique Comforting Cleansing Cream and Extra Gentle Liquid Facial Soap in winter. I can use it on my body year round and it doesn't irritate or dry the skin on my body. I always keep this on hand.