Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/27/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Fantastic for sensitive skin as it’s fragrance free gentle yet cleans well and doesn’t give you that stripped feeling you can get with most other soap bars. I have tried using it on my face, but didn’t like that as my face is acne prone. For body though it’s affordable and awesome. Bought a 16 pack for $15.99 at Costco can’t beat that price at 1$/bar and it lasts a while since it’s a soap bar! And in combination with a good exfoliating loofa (I have one from target for $5 with a wood handle that I love!) my skin has never been better. I should have tried this soap much sooner instead of throwing money down the drain with more pricy gel body washes like the aveeno skin relief I love that one but nothing has made the skin on my body as soft and hydrated as this. I used to have little bumps on the back on my upper arms and top of my thighs that have gone away since I started using this and usually my skin feels dry the next day so I’d have to heavily moisturize everyday not with this baby! I do follow up with an aveeno daily moisturizer after showering but have used that for years so that definitely wasn’t doing any magic lol Love love love the dove beauty bar for sensitive skin!!

on 7/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

on 6/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My whole family has extremely dry & sensitive (eczema) prone skin. This bar of soap is the only bar of soap allowed in our house. We can use it on face or body and it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin. The house is also filled with boys who have this skin...this makes their skin regime so much easier. I will gladly follow many steps for skin care, my sons and husband...not so much. This helps keep them on the right track. Now if I can just get them to put lotion on after the shower. I hope they never stop making it. Our family would be in deep skin trouble.

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this product to maintain feminine hygiene and odour under the arms. I just take the soap in my hand and lather gently and very briefly on each spot. It keeps me clean, unlike fancy scented Pre de Provence and Pacifica soaps which I can't use in those sensitive areas. It doesn't dry my skin out like Ivory, Zest, Irish Spring, Almay, etc. brands do. It's absolutely perfect and I've repurchased the multi-packs at least 30 times. I hope to use it as long as I live, I have no reason to try looking for anything better. (Some reviewers don't like using the soap on their faces: I haven't washed my face with the bar soap I use to wash my body since I was 10 years old and started using The Body Shop tea tree oil soap. I don't recommended using drugstore bar soaps on your face, or with rough washcloths, and never "scrub" anywhere on your body. You aren't "cleaning" your skin when you scrub, your skin is not a metal pot, it is a living organism - no need for scouring!)

on 7/15/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin type: Oily after two hours post-cleansing, blackheads on nose, whiteheads/clogged pores only on forehead, occasional pimples on forehead around eyebrows area.

I have tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING has made my skin more flawless than this. After two days of twice a day washing, all my blackheads are gone. After three to four days, 90% whiteheads gone. And my two big pimples are healing and deflating after 3 days after popping up. AMAZING. Two weeks later, my skin is almost perfect.

I never thought that simplifying my beauty routine would do such wonders.

I love it because it's one of the rare soaps that I can use in my private parts, probably since it's unscented and moisturizing. Otherwise I itch a lot, sometimes several hours per day.

It's cheap and it goes often on sale at Costco (Canada). As for any soap, unpack it let it dry in a drawer of clothes: it will last even longer.

Plus the packaging can be recycled.

Finally, I know people who love high end brands who use it: it says a lot!

on 11/14/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, Love, Love this! I am forever checking my cabinet to make sure I don't run out! It is inexpensive and readily available at almost every store. My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!