Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.
UPDATE2018 - It's been 6 years and I have tried a few other soaps and I keep going back to Dove. I will stay with it.
I am trying to go cruelty free /animal product free, but so far nothing compares to the Dove bar. It's the only thing I havent been able to replace.

I LOVE Dove Sensitive. While I can't use it all over because it dries me out, it effectively got rid of all of my back acne. Last summer I started using the Go Fresh bar and I started getting more and more acne on my back, and I couldn't figure out why. I tried the Dial gold bar on my back, and that didn't really do anything, if not make it worse. I tried makeup wipes, different soaps, nothing was working. I had completely forgotten about the Dove Sensitive and I started using it on my back only, and almost all of the acne is completely gone! It's so nice because I'm not embarrassed to wear tanks or camis anymore! I've been considering using it on my face too, but I'm not sure if that'd be bad or not. Either way though, I'm glad it's helping out my back.

This is my fav! I use on my face all of the time and it leaves my face feeling moisturized and clean. Most of my girlfriends say its ridiculous to use soap on my face but it works for me! It is very gentle, smells good, and doesn't give me any irritation or dryness.

Highly recommend

on 8/14/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After realizing I have sensitive skin, this has helped with rashes and dry skin, and even a bit with acne. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and didn't smell so weird, but you can't really do anything with unscented I guess. I also feel like I get acne in weird areas with this sometimes. But I like how this feels on my skin and it isn't filmy and I feel clean

UPDATE: I am very grateful for this. I upped this to five lippies because it's really helped with some other bad skin problems. The weird acne came from something else and after some bad flares and a mishap with face wash, I'm soooooooo grateful for this!! My face feels like it finally has relief. And it feels good to rake a break sometimes from body wash and just use this. I used my family's Zest bar one time after forgetting a new bar, I felt all this film and wasn't clean. I just need something else for exfoliation.

on 4/5/2012 12:54:00 PM

Really, really impressed with this. I've been experimenting with my skincare routine a lot in the past couple months, and mostly experimenting first on my chest to see if I get any reaction; if not, using whatever product on my face. After a couple months of mild breakout on my chest, and after using a couple different products on it, I decided a couple weeks ago to just use the Dove Sensitive Skin bar there. Within a week my chest was basically clear, and continues to be so. About a week ago I started using it on my face out of desperation (Purpose was irritating my face and giving me big zits, Cetaphil wasn't cleaning well enough and I had nothing else on hand), and my skin seems to be liking it. Can't comment on whether or not it's clogging my pores yet, but I am leaning towards no - usually it only takes a couple days for clogged pores to begin forming, if they will, and I haven't seen any. I'm cleaning my makeup off with jojoba oil prior to washing with the Dove, just to be sure my makeup is off (I've been putting makeup on my forearms and washing it off with different cleansers to see what is actually getting the makeup off, and most of them leave quite a bit of makeup there, including the Dove, so I thought removing makeup prior to cleansing would be a good idea, and it seems to be working well.) Will update if this changes, but I am VERY happy. About to start experimenting on my chest with DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil (which does remove all the makeup on my forearm), because I ordered some samples before I realized how much I like the Dove. We'll see how that goes...

on 3/20/2012 12:28:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

on 3/1/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the only cleanser I use on my face. Keeps it balanced, gets it clean, and absolutely no adverse reactions. When I started using this last summer I stopped breaking out. Dirt cheap, and the most effective cleanser I've ever used. All my friends use it now. Will always purchase.

on 10/14/2011 4:12:00 AM

One of the best products I have ever used on my face! It does dry out my face a bit, but it does not irritate, cause any breakouts or strip my natural oil like other cleansers out there. I use this in the mornings and sometimes at night after I wash off my makeup with my Clarisonic (which I duo with FAB cleanser). Over the years of trying many products, simple is definitely better.