Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/13/2018 11:32:00 PM

Indispensable. Use it everyday on my face and body. Don’t want to be without it. Smooth creamy lather. No discernible scent. Cleans gently and rinses completely. No irritation. Leaves skin soft.

on 5/23/2018 10:22:00 PM

I reviewed this before, I am sure, but after a year or two of various cleansing milks, micellar lotions, foaming waters, foaming gels, oh, on and on and on....guess who's back to Dove Sensitive/ Unscented bar. Again.
1) This is possible THE Best soap for lather to shave sensitive lady bits...and a clean smooth leg shave every time.
2) Excellent non-stripping, non-drying facial soap that removes all makeup and stubborn sunscreens!
3) No smell, no residue, no film, doesn't even bug up the sink or tub (ahem, unlike so many "natural" bars I get as gifts...!!)
4) Can even wash my eyes with it; removes makeup like a dream
5) cheap; keep in a draining soap dish and buy in bulk on sale, obviously.
6) Every damn dermatologist I know still recommends this stuff.

I travel with a bar and if I don't, I always regret it. My moisturizers and sunscreens are pricey. My cleanser is on my face for all of 30 seconds and I tell you, there is nothing as irritating as cleaning with a $40 dollar deluxe whatever, only to see makeup and/or filth all over the cotton pad I follow up with (for my neostrata glycolic toner). With Dove: nothing. Not. A. Trace. LOVE unscented Dove.

I've used pricey skin cleansers from LaMer cleansing milk, Chanel, Shiseido, SK-II, Laneige and Lancome but they all irritated my skin in harsh ways. I always thought if I spend money on expensive products then my skin would be clearer. Whenever Dove bar soap came to mind, I reacted "No way! That stuff will dry my skin!". I proved myself wrong. This past month, my skin has been very irritated with uncontrollable itching and red patchy facial skin. My face was dry where there were so many skin flakes. No matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated, my skin would just get so dry and red. I have been using Dove sensitive bar soap for 1 week now and I can't believe how much my face has improved. The first few days, the soap didn't bring overnight results. It took time and towards the end of the week I've been getting the best results! Still have just a tad bit of redness on my cheek but the majority of my face isn't red! The itching stopped and my face isn't dry. I love how the soap doesn't sting my face. All the expensive cleansers I've used in the past always stung my face and it made my skin flare up afterwards. Given that this is in a bar form, this should last me quite a while. This is now my favorite cleanser and it's so cost effective. Never would I think that something so cheap can be so effective! I have to give Dove sensitive bar soap some major props because it has given me the confidence rather than hide because I was so embarrassed about my eczema/rosacea facial skin.

Would I ever hesitate to buy another cleanser? ABSOLUTELY NOT! This stuff is the BEST!
There is no fragrance in this bar soap which doesn't provide my skin irritation....love it!

on 8/10/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I always use unscented products for washing my special place. For the longest I used nothing but Ivory but my best friend swore by this so I tried it. This lathers and rinses clean. I love it. While I do use body wash for everywhere else, I am very careful with my lady parts. This is wonderful and will certainly stay in the rotation.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best facial cleanser ever! I have used Dove since my dermatologist recommended it thirty years ago. I pair this with my Clarisonic (after I have removed my makeup) and it does a great job of keeping my skin soft and blemish-free.

on 5/14/2012 2:35:00 PM

This unscented beauty bar is awesome. I use it as my daily face cleanser. I have oily and acne-prone skin. It had been bad since I was a teenager. I used to spend so much money on cleansers hoping they could help my skin but no, they did not. My skin stayed bad until I found this little gem. It works so much better than any other expensive cleansers. I feel I was so stupid in the past. This soap effectively removes dirt and oil, keeps my face shine free throughout the day but does not over drying it. It really balances my skin. The bar lather up very well and I always overdo it when Im not careful end up having too much foam on my face. The foam is very creamy though.

I eventually understand all I need is a good makeup remover and a gentle soap to keep my face clear. Using this after the DHC or Shiseido Cleansing Oil and then applying pure aloe vera gel as a facial serum keeps my face acne and scar free. I have never imagined that I could good out of the door without concealer, but now I have not touched my concealer for more than two months. It is so simple to have good skin. Just keep it clean.

P.S. please be patient while washing the soap off or it will leave a film and clog pores. I think thats why some people are saying this beauty bar breaks them out a few quick splashes will not remove the soap. Wash your face until you dont have that slippery feeling on your skin.

I love love love love love all Dove soap bar products! I've been using Dove soap bars probably ever since I was put on this earth. I've used all the different varieties of this soap, & this is definitely one of my favorites (along with the unscented one). This never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry, never leaves any residue, leaves my skin soft, never causes breakouts (gentle on sensitive skin), lasts forever, & is pretty cheap for such great quality. I will buy these soap bars forever. I never trust anything else on my skin, especially my face. This is amazing. I'm forever, a lifetime customer for Dove.

on 7/13/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have very sensitive skin and this one doesn't irritate my skin at all. doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and does not leave residue like other bar soaps do. this is the only bar soap i use ! i've been using it for years and i'll stick with it !

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

LOVE, LOVE this bar. I have sensitive skin and I am also sensitive to strong perfume smells. This bar has almost no smell. Works perfect for my sensitive and dry skin. I also use it to shave with. I always keep a supply of this in my home.