Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/23/2018 10:22:00 PM

I reviewed this before, I am sure, but after a year or two of various cleansing milks, micellar lotions, foaming waters, foaming gels, oh, on and on and on....guess who's back to Dove Sensitive/ Unscented bar. Again.
1) This is possible THE Best soap for lather to shave sensitive lady bits...and a clean smooth leg shave every time.
2) Excellent non-stripping, non-drying facial soap that removes all makeup and stubborn sunscreens!
3) No smell, no residue, no film, doesn't even bug up the sink or tub (ahem, unlike so many "natural" bars I get as gifts...!!)
4) Can even wash my eyes with it; removes makeup like a dream
5) cheap; keep in a draining soap dish and buy in bulk on sale, obviously.
6) Every damn dermatologist I know still recommends this stuff.

I travel with a bar and if I don't, I always regret it. My moisturizers and sunscreens are pricey. My cleanser is on my face for all of 30 seconds and I tell you, there is nothing as irritating as cleaning with a $40 dollar deluxe whatever, only to see makeup and/or filth all over the cotton pad I follow up with (for my neostrata glycolic toner). With Dove: nothing. Not. A. Trace. LOVE unscented Dove.

on 7/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

on 8/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

I have had acne since I was born (OK, not really but it feels like that long). I am now 50 (gasp) and STILL have sucky skin. I tried this and at first didn't like it, went back to my various other products (that also didn't' work). I went back to Dove sensitive bar and have used it for 3 months now. It took a while for my skin to adapt (aka purge) but now it is much better. The purging is less than with a Clarisonic, for reference. I am giving this 3 more months and then I am going to try it with the Clarisonic for added cleansing. My whole family has switched and everyone's skin (including tween girls) looks better. If I am travelling and forget moisturizer, I can skip a day of it with this cleanser (my skin is very oily). My pores seem smaller and wrinkles less noticeable. I am no longer breaking out like a teen!

on 6/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My whole family has extremely dry & sensitive (eczema) prone skin. This bar of soap is the only bar of soap allowed in our house. We can use it on face or body and it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin. The house is also filled with boys who have this skin...this makes their skin regime so much easier. I will gladly follow many steps for skin care, my sons and husband...not so much. This helps keep them on the right track. Now if I can just get them to put lotion on after the shower. I hope they never stop making it. Our family would be in deep skin trouble.

on 6/18/2016 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am falling in love with this soap. I have sensitive, dehydrated, normal to dry skin and have been looking for the "perfect" face cleanser for many years now. I bought this because it said for sensitive skin and it has made my skin so much better. I wash my face with this then i use oatmeal as a second cleaner and my skin feels so smooth. It does dry out my skin a little more than the cleanser i was using before but this one is not causing breakouts and once i moisturize im fine. A very good head to toe product.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.

I have to honestly say that I cant believe it, this product is AMAZING! I have struggled immensely with pimples from the age of 16, I am now 33. I have tried absolutely everything for years and years and years and absolutely nothing has worked. I have been to dermatologists, skin laser clinics, tried product after product after product for years hoping to find that miracle. I came across a few blogs in yet another attempt to try and find SOMETHING to help me with my face, and I noticed how a lot of people had said that they have super sensitive skin that reacts to anything they put on it, it had never occurred to me that I may also have sensitive skin and this could be what was causing me such hideousness on my face. This is where I found information about Dove and so I decided to race to the shop to buy some to give it a go. I used nothing but the Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin on my face, no moisturiser afterwards or anything, just washing my face with the Dove. I found this a little difficult for the first 2 days as I was so used to putting moisturiser on, however I persevered because I noticed a change in my face pretty much straight away!! I've been using Dove for over 2 months now and I CANNOT BELIEVE that it has solved all my pimple problems!!!! The only thing I am annoyed about it how I didnt come across this earlier, because although I dont get pimples any more I am left with a couple of terrible scarring and red marks from years of picking, if only I had discovered this earlier before I had picked some of my face to a point of no return. I highly recommend trying this product, it doesnt make the skin feel tight at all and I cant believe how clear my skin feels, after all these years!!!

P.S I dont know that this will solve hormonal chin acne due to that being an internal issue, this is something else I suffered from for many years that went away after I had a baby.

I've used pricey skin cleansers from LaMer cleansing milk, Chanel, Shiseido, SK-II, Laneige and Lancome but they all irritated my skin in harsh ways. I always thought if I spend money on expensive products then my skin would be clearer. Whenever Dove bar soap came to mind, I reacted "No way! That stuff will dry my skin!". I proved myself wrong. This past month, my skin has been very irritated with uncontrollable itching and red patchy facial skin. My face was dry where there were so many skin flakes. No matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated, my skin would just get so dry and red. I have been using Dove sensitive bar soap for 1 week now and I can't believe how much my face has improved. The first few days, the soap didn't bring overnight results. It took time and towards the end of the week I've been getting the best results! Still have just a tad bit of redness on my cheek but the majority of my face isn't red! The itching stopped and my face isn't dry. I love how the soap doesn't sting my face. All the expensive cleansers I've used in the past always stung my face and it made my skin flare up afterwards. Given that this is in a bar form, this should last me quite a while. This is now my favorite cleanser and it's so cost effective. Never would I think that something so cheap can be so effective! I have to give Dove sensitive bar soap some major props because it has given me the confidence rather than hide because I was so embarrassed about my eczema/rosacea facial skin.

Would I ever hesitate to buy another cleanser? ABSOLUTELY NOT! This stuff is the BEST!
There is no fragrance in this bar soap which doesn't provide my skin irritation....love it!

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .