Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My whole family has extremely dry & sensitive (eczema) prone skin. This bar of soap is the only bar of soap allowed in our house. We can use it on face or body and it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin. The house is also filled with boys who have this skin...this makes their skin regime so much easier. I will gladly follow many steps for skin care, my sons and husband...not so much. This helps keep them on the right track. Now if I can just get them to put lotion on after the shower. I hope they never stop making it. Our family would be in deep skin trouble.

on 10/23/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the only product i use on my body...been using it for over 10 years. Before that i used Dial which made my skin constantly dry. This doesnt dry me out like regular bar soap...and I dont like using products on my skin with fragrance (except perfume) so this is perfect. The only thing is I seem to use it up faster than other bar ive used in the past

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this product to maintain feminine hygiene and odour under the arms. I just take the soap in my hand and lather gently and very briefly on each spot. It keeps me clean, unlike fancy scented Pre de Provence and Pacifica soaps which I can't use in those sensitive areas. It doesn't dry my skin out like Ivory, Zest, Irish Spring, Almay, etc. brands do. It's absolutely perfect and I've repurchased the multi-packs at least 30 times. I hope to use it as long as I live, I have no reason to try looking for anything better. (Some reviewers don't like using the soap on their faces: I haven't washed my face with the bar soap I use to wash my body since I was 10 years old and started using The Body Shop tea tree oil soap. I don't recommended using drugstore bar soaps on your face, or with rough washcloths, and never "scrub" anywhere on your body. You aren't "cleaning" your skin when you scrub, your skin is not a metal pot, it is a living organism - no need for scouring!)

on 11/14/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, Love, Love this! I am forever checking my cabinet to make sure I don't run out! It is inexpensive and readily available at almost every store. My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

dove sensitive bar is very nice. It doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or my young baby's. I use it to shave and as face wash. Of course I use it as plain old soap to clean my body too!

The only not so great part is the price. Its over a dollar a bar out here in the midwest. I dont like to screw around with my products that much, but I tried jergen's mild soap and find it to be a good alternative. If I find a good sale on dove sensitve bars that can compete with jergen's mild soap (33 cents a bar) then I will buy it.

on 8/14/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After realizing I have sensitive skin, this has helped with rashes and dry skin, and even a bit with acne. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and didn't smell so weird, but you can't really do anything with unscented I guess. I also feel like I get acne in weird areas with this sometimes. But I like how this feels on my skin and it isn't filmy and I feel clean

UPDATE: I am very grateful for this. I upped this to five lippies because it's really helped with some other bad skin problems. The weird acne came from something else and after some bad flares and a mishap with face wash, I'm soooooooo grateful for this!! My face feels like it finally has relief. And it feels good to rake a break sometimes from body wash and just use this. I used my family's Zest bar one time after forgetting a new bar, I felt all this film and wasn't clean. I just need something else for exfoliation.

on 7/15/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this soap for as long as I can remember. It's the only thing we've ever had for a bar soap in the house. My skin is and has always been (for the most part) silky smooth. I attribute that to this soap. I used this to wash my face along with my body for the lonest time. I haven't found it caused any breakouts. If anything it kept my face clean and blemish free. It removes most of the makeup I wear anyways. It didn't remove my Skin79 BB cream, or my waterproof mascara but it blasts away the olive oil I use to remove my makeup.

It's pretty cheap, it gets things clean and it isn't overly drying for my sensitive combo skin. What more could you ask for?

on 3/16/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I would have never guessed this could be such a great soap for my face!!! It works amazing on my skin and keeps my break-outs at bay. Its not at all glamorous like we all surely want, but it works! I need to stick to the things that work like this and quit branching out and trying all of the fancy stuff. My skin is far too sensitive for alot of those products. I guess its just not as fun to stick to the same thing = )

on 2/10/2011 1:25:00 AM

I have been a MUA member for over five years and have never written a review. The Dove Beauty Bar deserves my high praise and so I've decided to break my trend.

In the past I have had just-OK skin. It seemed like no matter what I always had at least one pimple raging, usually on my chin. I knew hormones was part of the problem but I was determined to become acne free. Like most MUA members, I tried all kinds of things: salicylic acid facial cleansers, benzoyl peroxide creams, aspirin masks, AHA. Not only did none of these products seem to really make anything better, they also left my skin dull, dry, and red. I was too afraid to abandon them because I figured redness was better than an angry pimples.

I used Dove as body soap since I was a kid but never tried it on my face because 1) I thought I needed something more targeted to my acne problems and 2) I heard from many people to never use a soap OR a bar on your face. Dove was both of these things so I always avoided washing my face with it. For whatever the reason, two months ago I decided that I was going to scale back my intense routine and stick to simple products. I had Dove beauty bars lying around and just thought I'd finally give it a go.

So glad I did. I have not had a pimple come to head in two months (and the ones I felt coming were easily taken care of by Acne.org's 2.5% BP gel before they were noticeable) and my skin is hydrated, clear, and calm. I have a routine that is listed below but I think most of the benefits in my skin are due to the switch to Dove. I wish I had tried this earlier: if your skin isn't responding to harsh chemicals and medications, give Dove a try. It will calm your skin in preparation for other light treatments.

Current Routine with Dove:
AM:
Wash w/ Dove beauty bar
Apply moisturizer (for me, Lumene Sensitive Touch, followed by a SPF cream)

PM:
I do a double wash/rinse in the evening because I wear makeup and SPF-
Perricone MD Gentle Wash (first)
Dove beauty bar (second)
Acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (only when needed)
Lumene Sensitive Touch moisturizer, Roc Deep Wrinkle Cream,
AHA every other night

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

i have crazy sensitive skin and this stuff is perfect for me! it clears the pimples i get from all those stupid cleansers u can buy at drugstores! i realized that my skin was just having allergic reactions from all that stuff! well never again! iit makes my skin like a babys butt too! also got rid of the mild kp on my arms as well :)