Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

I have had acne since I was born (OK, not really but it feels like that long). I am now 50 (gasp) and STILL have sucky skin. I tried this and at first didn't like it, went back to my various other products (that also didn't' work). I went back to Dove sensitive bar and have used it for 3 months now. It took a while for my skin to adapt (aka purge) but now it is much better. The purging is less than with a Clarisonic, for reference. I am giving this 3 more months and then I am going to try it with the Clarisonic for added cleansing. My whole family has switched and everyone's skin (including tween girls) looks better. If I am travelling and forget moisturizer, I can skip a day of it with this cleanser (my skin is very oily). My pores seem smaller and wrinkles less noticeable. I am no longer breaking out like a teen!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My mom and I have eczema, and neither of us can deal much with heavily scented beauty products. We've always had some variety of Dove beauty bars at our respective homes for a long time, and this particular bar is a good option for the most sensitive of skins. I generally prefer the original (I like the gentle scent) and especially the Winter Care (I'm hoarding this next winter for sure), but I have used many bars of this to get clean without irritating my skin any further.

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't. I can't even. This stuff. Is perfect. I will buy it forever and ever and ever and ever. I used to have acne. Now I don't. Simple as that. (I used a pump of BP from Acne.org after my skin dried from cleansing with this every night.) Morning&night, everyday, a;lsdfja;lsdfj it is perfect.

on 1/10/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

the only soap i've ever used that is gentle enough to not upset the ph balance of a certain area, all other soaps are too harsh (irish spring, you smell so good, but you do not belong in my shower).

on 11/5/2011 12:43:00 PM

You are always hearing that you should never use bar soap on your face. Well in my case, i can tell you this is WRONG! I have oily, acne prone skin and i have used proactive, murad, clinique, and everything in the drugstore for acne!!!! I learned here on MUA about this little gem, and haven't looked back!! I use this with my olay spin brush thingy, and it has drastically reduced my blemishes, pretty much removed all the flakes, and just leaves my skin smooth and bright. I LOVE IT!! Will continue to use FOREVA!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have literally been using dove since i was a baby, this is the only soap my mom would use on me, and 28 years later I am still using it! I get soooo many complements on how smooth and soft my skin is -face and body. I switch between the sensitive skin and the original.

on 10/20/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I started using it as a facewash after running out of other things to try. I was using nothing but honey and yogurt for awhile and while my skin looked nice, I was still getting some breakouts. I was going to go back to the one cleanser that worked for me (even though it stung my eyes like crazy) only to find out they reformulated it. I ended up getting a 2-pack of bars after reading the reviews on here, and so far, so good. I've only been using it for about a week, but no new acne in that time plus it removes my MMU and mascara in one step. My one complaint is that it leaves my face a tiny bit tight/dry feeling. Since I've yet to find a moisturizer I wasn't sure how to fix this. Today I tried just a couple spritzes of rosewater which I normally use for applying and setting my MMU and it seems to have taken away that tight feeling. The only other thing that has me concerned is exfoliation. I'm thinking I'll end up doing yogurt masks a couple times a week to take care of this, but I want to wait awhile longer before adding those. I'd like to get at least two straight weeks of nothing but the Dove.

A few other things I really like:
Doesn't sting my eyes even when removing eye makeup
Controls oiliness without being overly drying
Doesn't cause redness or irritation

Right now I'm going to give this a 5 and update if anything changes.

on 5/18/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this yesterday.
After I washed my face with it, last night, I THOUGHT my skin felt a bit smoother. I have blemishes, but not very very many. Still, my skin is very rough and uneven. In the morning, my skin felt smoother and less red. I used the "soap" again this morning, and I gotta say, my usual-middle-of-the-day blotting was not required today. My TM, concealer and powder went on much better today.
I'm so excited to using it again tonight haha :)
I will update this in a week, to see how

on 11/8/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Our toddler has dry, sensitive skin and her pediatrician suggested we switch to unscented Dove. I couldn't believe the difference in her skin after one bath, so I thought I'd give it a try. My skin is very dry and super itchy. I am amazed at how much this little bar of soap has helped me! My skin is soft and calm with no bumps or red spots. I've been using it on my face too and I love it. It removes my makeup and doesn't cause any breakouts or congestion. I also use it in place of liquid hand soap and it's really helped my hands. They're crazy dry and crack and bleed. Using the sensitive bar has really helped them heal and they no longer hurt and are super soft. I am totally hooked on this stuff! It's an effective cleanser but mild and soothing. Perfect!