Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/23/2018 10:22:00 PM

I reviewed this before, I am sure, but after a year or two of various cleansing milks, micellar lotions, foaming waters, foaming gels, oh, on and on and on....guess who's back to Dove Sensitive/ Unscented bar. Again.
1) This is possible THE Best soap for lather to shave sensitive lady bits...and a clean smooth leg shave every time.
2) Excellent non-stripping, non-drying facial soap that removes all makeup and stubborn sunscreens!
3) No smell, no residue, no film, doesn't even bug up the sink or tub (ahem, unlike so many "natural" bars I get as gifts...!!)
4) Can even wash my eyes with it; removes makeup like a dream
5) cheap; keep in a draining soap dish and buy in bulk on sale, obviously.
6) Every damn dermatologist I know still recommends this stuff.

I travel with a bar and if I don't, I always regret it. My moisturizers and sunscreens are pricey. My cleanser is on my face for all of 30 seconds and I tell you, there is nothing as irritating as cleaning with a $40 dollar deluxe whatever, only to see makeup and/or filth all over the cotton pad I follow up with (for my neostrata glycolic toner). With Dove: nothing. Not. A. Trace. LOVE unscented Dove.

on 1/27/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Fantastic for sensitive skin as it’s fragrance free gentle yet cleans well and doesn’t give you that stripped feeling you can get with most other soap bars. I have tried using it on my face, but didn’t like that as my face is acne prone. For body though it’s affordable and awesome. Bought a 16 pack for $15.99 at Costco can’t beat that price at 1$/bar and it lasts a while since it’s a soap bar! And in combination with a good exfoliating loofa (I have one from target for $5 with a wood handle that I love!) my skin has never been better. I should have tried this soap much sooner instead of throwing money down the drain with more pricy gel body washes like the aveeno skin relief I love that one but nothing has made the skin on my body as soft and hydrated as this. I used to have little bumps on the back on my upper arms and top of my thighs that have gone away since I started using this and usually my skin feels dry the next day so I’d have to heavily moisturize everyday not with this baby! I do follow up with an aveeno daily moisturizer after showering but have used that for years so that definitely wasn’t doing any magic lol Love love love the dove beauty bar for sensitive skin!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

on 12/19/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Only soap that has not dried out my sensitive eczema skin and has never broken me out. I like it better than any drug store, Lush brand, or organic soap I have tried. I wish I had started using Dove years ago I would have saved my skin from being dry and ashy every winter. My skin loves the creamy softness - it's so soothing. I use Dove as a facial and body cleanser, I have no plans to go back to normal facial cleansers.

I have to honestly say that I cant believe it, this product is AMAZING! I have struggled immensely with pimples from the age of 16, I am now 33. I have tried absolutely everything for years and years and years and absolutely nothing has worked. I have been to dermatologists, skin laser clinics, tried product after product after product for years hoping to find that miracle. I came across a few blogs in yet another attempt to try and find SOMETHING to help me with my face, and I noticed how a lot of people had said that they have super sensitive skin that reacts to anything they put on it, it had never occurred to me that I may also have sensitive skin and this could be what was causing me such hideousness on my face. This is where I found information about Dove and so I decided to race to the shop to buy some to give it a go. I used nothing but the Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin on my face, no moisturiser afterwards or anything, just washing my face with the Dove. I found this a little difficult for the first 2 days as I was so used to putting moisturiser on, however I persevered because I noticed a change in my face pretty much straight away!! I've been using Dove for over 2 months now and I CANNOT BELIEVE that it has solved all my pimple problems!!!! The only thing I am annoyed about it how I didnt come across this earlier, because although I dont get pimples any more I am left with a couple of terrible scarring and red marks from years of picking, if only I had discovered this earlier before I had picked some of my face to a point of no return. I highly recommend trying this product, it doesnt make the skin feel tight at all and I cant believe how clear my skin feels, after all these years!!!

P.S I dont know that this will solve hormonal chin acne due to that being an internal issue, this is something else I suffered from for many years that went away after I had a baby.

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .

on 7/15/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin type: Oily after two hours post-cleansing, blackheads on nose, whiteheads/clogged pores only on forehead, occasional pimples on forehead around eyebrows area.

I have tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING has made my skin more flawless than this. After two days of twice a day washing, all my blackheads are gone. After three to four days, 90% whiteheads gone. And my two big pimples are healing and deflating after 3 days after popping up. AMAZING. Two weeks later, my skin is almost perfect.

I never thought that simplifying my beauty routine would do such wonders.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.
UPDATE2018 - It's been 6 years and I have tried a few other soaps and I keep going back to Dove. I will stay with it.
I am trying to go cruelty free /animal product free, but so far nothing compares to the Dove bar. It's the only thing I havent been able to replace.

I LOVE Dove Sensitive. While I can't use it all over because it dries me out, it effectively got rid of all of my back acne. Last summer I started using the Go Fresh bar and I started getting more and more acne on my back, and I couldn't figure out why. I tried the Dial gold bar on my back, and that didn't really do anything, if not make it worse. I tried makeup wipes, different soaps, nothing was working. I had completely forgotten about the Dove Sensitive and I started using it on my back only, and almost all of the acne is completely gone! It's so nice because I'm not embarrassed to wear tanks or camis anymore! I've been considering using it on my face too, but I'm not sure if that'd be bad or not. Either way though, I'm glad it's helping out my back.