Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/21/2017 11:47:00 PM

I was on a tropical resort vacation and u no when u there u r more relaxed and advaturous....i was just taking a quick shower after going to the pool but realized that my avene face wash it on the other side of the washroom...i duno wat has gotten into me but i decided to use this soap which i wash my body with on my face....considering that my skin is very sensitive and doesnt react well to most things...it was just a crazy idea for me....but after using it my skin turned out fine....
after i come back home to toronto i decided to use it again and see wats up since my skin didnt freak out....do far i have used it twice yesterday and today...i gotta say my face hasnt felt this smooth for a long long time!!! its so relaxed and plumbed....i have tried quite alot of face washes over the past yrs but none has done this for mee.....i literally cannot stop touching my face now....and it costs almost nuting compare to things i have been using in the past....i m so shocked!!! highly recommended!!!! will update if things changed....
update: after using it for few days my skin started to get really dehydrated..........i think it's good for people with true oily skin and who lives in a more humid climate....still worth a try though

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've used Dove products since I came out the womb lol, my mom used to bathe me and wash my face with Dove soap and I had stopped using it about 5 years ago. After trying everything from Neutrogena, Clean and Clear--you name it--I returned to this after being overly frusturated. Everything else is so drying and I prefer the sensitive skin version just because it doesn't have as many harmful ingredients in it including fragrance. It's a great basic cleanser for everywhere, but I took off a lippie because it dries out your skin just a tad bit but coconut oil fixes it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

on 12/19/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Only soap that has not dried out my sensitive eczema skin and has never broken me out. I like it better than any drug store, Lush brand, or organic soap I have tried. I wish I had started using Dove years ago I would have saved my skin from being dry and ashy every winter. My skin loves the creamy softness - it's so soothing. I use Dove as a facial and body cleanser, I have no plans to go back to normal facial cleansers.

on 12/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this. After reading the great reviews I hoped this would be an instant replacement for my usual clarins cleanser. I bought two bars since they were in a pack together and used one on my face and the other in the shower. Bad idea. Firstly, it stung my eyes, which is not a major gripe, but it's definitely something my regular cleanser doesn't do. Then, I ended up breaking out in an itchy rash. My skin is not sensitive, but I continued to use this bar for a few days before finally concluding that it does not work for me. I gave two stars because the price is reasonable and it lathers pretty well.

I have to honestly say that I cant believe it, this product is AMAZING! I have struggled immensely with pimples from the age of 16, I am now 33. I have tried absolutely everything for years and years and years and absolutely nothing has worked. I have been to dermatologists, skin laser clinics, tried product after product after product for years hoping to find that miracle. I came across a few blogs in yet another attempt to try and find SOMETHING to help me with my face, and I noticed how a lot of people had said that they have super sensitive skin that reacts to anything they put on it, it had never occurred to me that I may also have sensitive skin and this could be what was causing me such hideousness on my face. This is where I found information about Dove and so I decided to race to the shop to buy some to give it a go. I used nothing but the Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin on my face, no moisturiser afterwards or anything, just washing my face with the Dove. I found this a little difficult for the first 2 days as I was so used to putting moisturiser on, however I persevered because I noticed a change in my face pretty much straight away!! I've been using Dove for over 2 months now and I CANNOT BELIEVE that it has solved all my pimple problems!!!! The only thing I am annoyed about it how I didnt come across this earlier, because although I dont get pimples any more I am left with a couple of terrible scarring and red marks from years of picking, if only I had discovered this earlier before I had picked some of my face to a point of no return. I highly recommend trying this product, it doesnt make the skin feel tight at all and I cant believe how clear my skin feels, after all these years!!!

P.S I dont know that this will solve hormonal chin acne due to that being an internal issue, this is something else I suffered from for many years that went away after I had a baby.

on 8/18/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't like this product. It dried up my face and broke me out with whiteheads. I also don't like the packaging, because I feel like soap bars are more susceptible to getting into contact with bacteria and dirt.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this soap I use it everyday in the shower with my body wash. It doesn't break my skin out and it also has a really nice smell to it. I'm on my third one.

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .