Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.

This is my fav! I use on my face all of the time and it leaves my face feeling moisturized and clean. Most of my girlfriends say its ridiculous to use soap on my face but it works for me! It is very gentle, smells good, and doesn't give me any irritation or dryness.

Highly recommend

on 12/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this soap! It's an amazing gentle yet effective cleanser. I was using the Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser for a while but at $7 dollars a bottle it started getting quite expensive (I use my cleanser for removing face and eye makeup, so I use a lot of it).
Initially using this, I was skeptical mainly because I've never had positive experiences with bar soaps, but this is a truly amazing product. It removes all traces of eye and face makeup without striping my face or stinging my eyes (they will get slightly irritated if the soap gets in them, but it does not irritate my eye lids or eye area). It's also very cost effective because you can get a two bar pack for around 3.25 USD which is super cheap and one bar probably lasts me three or so months.
Just a tip, when I bought this I bought a travel soap dish for around a dollar with a closing lid to keep out on my bathroom vanity, mainly so it would be covered and reduce the risk of bacteria and other things like air freshener, body/hair spray, I found it better than using a traditional soap dish for not only sanitary reasons but because it also makes the soap super easy to travel with.

Love love love this cleanser. So cheap, yet so effective. I've repurchased it for over a year now and will continue to do so!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was getting lazy about using my facial cleanser-purity made simple- and used dove for my body and face. Yes, it cleanses my face well and take off all my makeup including eye makeup, but it irritates my eyes and makes them red for days! I thought I was allergic to my makeup, had allergies or pink eye. After months of trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my eyes, I decided to stop using dove on my face and my eyes cleared up! This is gonna stay below the neck for me:)

I love love love love love all Dove soap bar products! I've been using Dove soap bars probably ever since I was put on this earth. I've used all the different varieties of this soap, & this is definitely one of my favorites (along with the unscented one). This never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry, never leaves any residue, leaves my skin soft, never causes breakouts (gentle on sensitive skin), lasts forever, & is pretty cheap for such great quality. I will buy these soap bars forever. I never trust anything else on my skin, especially my face. This is amazing. I'm forever, a lifetime customer for Dove.

I'll be honest and admit I haven't used this in years, but when I opened the page and this product was the first thing that popped up it triggered a memory. This is the only soap my mother ever used. When she died at the age of 85 her skin was smoother and had less wrinkles than women half that age. I'm thinking of trying it again. Must be something to it.

on 8/12/2011 3:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS!! i use it for everything! washing my body, my face, shaving my legs, cleaning brushes! its amazing

on 12/15/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I honestly think those who liked this as a facial cleanser do NOT have sensitive skin. (* Skip to the end of my review if you want my bottom line)

My skin:
I normally have pretty clear skin but right now it's not looking great - it's irritated, a bit flaky, more red than usual and it has some breakouts. My skin type is normal (leaning towards dry now during winter) and very sensitive. I normally wash my face with water only since all the cleansers I have used have dried my skin out or irritated it badly.

My use of this product:
The soap felt really good on my skin. My face got really soft after I washed it. BUT, soon enough it became really red, irritated and most of all extremely dry! My skin started flaking even more around my breakouts and my face felt really tight and uncomfortable.

How I dealt with my skin afterwards:
I couldn't bare how my skin felt and I was so scared it'd be worse the next morning that I applied some moisturizer, washed my face again with hot water and a warm washcloth and applied olive oil with a cotton pad all over my face. Yes, that's how dehydrated my face got! I even drank about 2 liters of water after that to help clear my skin and rehydrate it.

BOTTOM LINE:
If you truly have sensitive skin, this soap isn't more gentle than any of the drugstore cleansers in liquid form. I can definately say this soap is way too harsh for my face. I think the fragrance might be somewhat irritating as well. I'll use this to wash my body as it feels really good on the skin, but I'll stick to hot water and a washcloth to wash my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't know why so many people are crazy about his Dove bar! The ingredients are nothing spectacular or particularly gentle - infact, one of the ingredients is a well known cause of clogged pores! My normal/combo skin gets dried out whenever I use this bar...take a look at the ingredients list; a lot of them have the potential to dry skin out. Definately a miss for me, and I can't understand why derms recommend it.

on 12/6/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product definetley removes all traces of makeup, but it dries out my face, i only use it during evening showers to get my makeup off.