Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

I've used pricey skin cleansers from LaMer cleansing milk, Chanel, Shiseido, SK-II, Laneige and Lancome but they all irritated my skin in harsh ways. I always thought if I spend money on expensive products then my skin would be clearer. Whenever Dove bar soap came to mind, I reacted "No way! That stuff will dry my skin!". I proved myself wrong. This past month, my skin has been very irritated with uncontrollable itching and red patchy facial skin. My face was dry where there were so many skin flakes. No matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated, my skin would just get so dry and red. I have been using Dove sensitive bar soap for 1 week now and I can't believe how much my face has improved. The first few days, the soap didn't bring overnight results. It took time and towards the end of the week I've been getting the best results! Still have just a tad bit of redness on my cheek but the majority of my face isn't red! The itching stopped and my face isn't dry. I love how the soap doesn't sting my face. All the expensive cleansers I've used in the past always stung my face and it made my skin flare up afterwards. Given that this is in a bar form, this should last me quite a while. This is now my favorite cleanser and it's so cost effective. Never would I think that something so cheap can be so effective! I have to give Dove sensitive bar soap some major props because it has given me the confidence rather than hide because I was so embarrassed about my eczema/rosacea facial skin.

Would I ever hesitate to buy another cleanser? ABSOLUTELY NOT! This stuff is the BEST!
There is no fragrance in this bar soap which doesn't provide my skin irritation....love it!

on 9/15/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I prefer this to the original formulation as it is SLS free and doesn't irritate my dry, slightly sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up as nicely as general Dove soap but I prefer less bubbles to dry irritated skin : )

on 10/20/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My HG soap for so many years I can't even count. Great for dry skin and sensitive skin. I have both dry skin and a mild case of psoriasis and this does wonders as far as keeping me soft and relatively flake free. I don't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The only bar soap (or any product, for that matter) that I use to wash my body.

My skin is extremely sensitive, as I have eczema, but this soap hasn't irritated it in the slightest. I also don't get that overly dry feeling I usually get from other soaps.

There's not really much more that I can say to sum up how much I love this soap. I have and will continue to use and recommend it.

Edit: While I was in Europe recently, I used this as a multipurpose product (face/body soap & for shaving). It did a fairly good job for my face and I didn't break out from it, and as far as shaving went, it did a decent job, but the hard water (literally mountain water, people!) made it hard for the soap to lather well enough to stay on my legs.

on 9/29/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

The BEST cleanser for sensitive skin. Affordable and back to basics cleansing. Since this has 1/4 moisturizing cream in it, it doesn't dry out your skin or make it feel taut afterwards. Really wonderful product.

on 10/8/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Dove Beauty Bar Sensitive Skin was recommended by my derm who said I had the driest skin she had ever seen. It is my top to toe soap. Yep, face, too. And I love it. The facial redness is better, the itchy bod is better. Now if they just don't toy with the formula, I have a keeper.

on 7/14/2008 8:05:00 AM

I have been using different dove bar soaps to wash my face for a few years now. It is honestly the best I have found. My friend has always sworn by it so I took her up on it. It does not leave my face dry and I have mildly dry skin naturally (I'm a redhead). I have noticed I don't break-out with dove. It's cheap and does the job. I love it and will continue to use it Forever.