Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit uneasy about posting this review, because I don't want to jinx the success I've had with this simple bar of soap. For ten years I've battled with acne and the low self-esteem that comes with it. I tried everything my budget would allow, but the redness, pimples, and blackheads remained. I wasted hundreds of dollars on products that maybe worked for a little bit, but then my acne would come back full force. Finally, in desperation I bought this bar of soap after reading the glowing reviews. I figured I had nothing to lose; my skin couldn't get any worse. I know bar soaps have a bad reputation and never imagined using one. However, it's been a week since I started using this, and my skin has never looked better. No new breakouts, and the ones I have are disappearing. My skin is beginning to look smooth and even-toned. I just about cried. All this time and money and feeling ugly, and a $2 bar of soap fixed my skin.

on 10/2/2007 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Update: Turns out I'm allergic to Cocamidopropyl Betaine which means I'm allergic to this soap. I don't use it on my face anymore. Only on my body. I did not lower the rating because it's still great as a body soap.

Man, this soap is da bomb! After reading so many raving reviews on this soap I thought, why not? It's cheap and if I don't like I could use it up in the shower. Plus it melts pretty fast, so if I hated it so much at least I don't need to put up with the sight of the soap for long. Well, it turned out complete opposite. The bar cleanses well, doesn't leave any residue on my face, doesn't dry my skin out. No irritation as well and mind you I have really sensitive skin to begin with. The result was soft smooth skin.

I put this soap in an empty container and cover it when I'm done (used up body butter container from The Body Shop) so I could use this in the shower. It melts fast if you leave it in the bathroom soap handle as water keeps running through it. I don't believe in wasting even though it's cheap. The ingredients in the soap are listed below:

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Aqua, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Cl 77891.

N/B: The ingredients listed are from the box and not from the Dove website. I noticed they were different. I'm in Australia and it's not the same as the Australian website as well. Not sure what's going on but hope this was helpful.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This soap is mad cheap (multi packs- Costco) and works really well. The Beauty Bar lathers and rinses off w/ no problems and essentially does it's job. I have very dry skin and it definitely does not alleviate the problem - still need globs of lotion after a shower - but I have noticed that my skin isn't as dry as it used to be when I used SoftSoap body wash which I have been using for years.
I love using this soap on my face. After use, my face doesn't feel stripped like it does after using regular facial cleansers. I still need lotion aftewards b/c my skin is dry and gets tight immediately but it's the best soap I've ever used on my face.
I only gave it 4 stars b/c I hate the smell. Although it says 'UNSCENTED' it is not and the scent is really nasty to me and gag worthy.
Would buy again for sure.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after reading reviews on here. I've been using it at night when I need to wash my makeup off and it works surprisingly well. I have super sensitive dry skin and it doesn't burn or turn my face red after washing like other cleansers do. It does make my face slightly dry afterward, but that is cleared up no problem with my moisturizer. So far (about a week), it hasn't broken me out or caused any problems. It has helped the acne that started sprouting on my cheeks in the weeks prior to using it.

I only use this when I need to wash off makeup, or else it might end up making my skin a little dry eventually.
When I'm not wearing makeup, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, which is even better for my dry sensitive skin. I would use just that, but it doesn't really get rid of makeup.

***UPDATE*** I only use this in the shower now as a body soap. Long term use wasn't doing my facial skin any favors. It was starting to make my skin congested. My pores were getting bigger.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried using this on my dry but broken out from going off birth control face in a last ditch resort to save my skin! BAD NEWS. My chin is full of blackheads (where I've never had them before!) I am so bummed because it is the only thing that does not dry out my face! I will continue to use it on my eyes and body because it's nice, but not on my face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used to love this soap until I looked it up on www.ewg.org for chemical ingredients rating. It received a 7.1 out of 10 for untested or chemical make-up. I'll stick to Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap which is below a 3. Too bad, I really loved it, but we are bombarded with chemicals and I am not going to wash with them as well..Also gave up my beloved Pantene Conditioner...Oh Well...

on 4/12/2006 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never use soap again!!.
I switched to Ski Kai yuzu shower gel and WHAT A DIFFERENCE.