Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/13/2017 10:50:00 PM

Been using this for many years. I have dry body skin and occasionally eczema due to allergies. This soap really helps to prevent my skin from drying out.

It has no fragrance and is not eczema-provoking. Also, it's great/safe for washing lady parts, which is always a bonus!

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

Burns and stings my eyes and makes my face feel dry and tight and irritated. Less irritating on my body but still drying. It's a no go for me, and my skin is only moderately sensitive.

This is an excellent soap. I use it for my face and body. It's very gentle and creamy and does a great job at moisturizing my skin. I love how simple it is yet effective in keeping my skin clear. It almost gives me a glow after I wash my face. It's very affordable and can be found in many stores. I would recommend this to anyone.
When it comes to skin care, sometimes simple is best.

Oh man, after all these years of using every type of cleanser, scrub, toner, moisturizer, treatment etc. and switching my makeup around even more, I have finally found something that is fascinatingly clearing and healing over my skin and "acne"--or rather irritation, contact allergies, breakouts, etc. This is doing wonders to my face! It's smoothing out and healing right over! Which totally makes sense because instead of putting a million different things on my face, going back to this is actually what I used to do BEFORE I even had breakouts anywhere on my cheeks, back to when I just had clogged pores on my forehead, but even those have been minimized! Love love love this and so glad I retried it after seeing that one of the FOTDers on here w/the definitely the most beautiful face skin recced it for face mu removal! I use it to remove my mu and then to cleanse it.

UPDATE: Down a lippie just because although this works great for my cheeks and keeping them breakout free, it does clog up my forehead pretty badly so I had to quit using this and go back to glycerin-based soaps (Purpose soap, Dial Antibacterial)...Oh well.

on 7/16/2011 2:26:00 AM

This is a nice bar soap, just not for my face. It is pretty moisturizing. I used it once on my face in the shower, and after getting out of the shower I noticed my face stung a little and was much more red. For reference, I have mild rosacea with dry sensitive skin. This probably works fine for other people on their face. I still use it, just not on my face.
UPDATE: I took the rating down a little more because I noticed that when I used this soap to clean in those areas that need it more (under arms and other areas...), it doesn't remove all dirt, sweat, or deodorant. It doesn't clean well enough.

When I tell you this was my HG of HGs, I REALLLLLY mean it. That is, until they changed their ingredients! When I used it, it was perfect for my parched but oily skin and I was using some heavy acne-treatments. Based on these ingredients, my skin was perfect, supple, soft, and best of all not dried out!

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Cedrus Alantica (Cedarwood), Bark Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

The combination of different essential oils attributed to its soothing properties as well as the thoroughly clean feeling since it dissolved all the dirt. However, the ingredients in the new Dove Sensitive Skin bar contain none of these! There are NO essential oils at all, plus the bar cracks in half as you continue usage! Beware if you are buying this to keep your skin calm as it just dried me out based on these NEW ingredients:

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Thankfully Burt's Bees Citrus Facial scrub is gentle and contains sweet almond oil as well as rose oil just like Dove once did :)

on 8/4/2010 7:54:00 PM

I go back and forth with Dove Bars. Kind of a love hate relationship. I had not used them in a while and went back to them while on honeymoon (If in a tropical destination, I try to go with the simplest products, the sun seems to affect me badly and with all the sunscreens and sitting on the beach, Dove is a safe bet at the end of the day). And now I kind of like the bars again, Skin seems to be calmer, and less ruddy when I use it, not dry at all.They did not make me breakout and I gave them a good month. I like the unscented (Which never comes in the big sizes at costco or Walmart, and the regular scent) For some reason the Sensitive bar feels weird, it does not leave my face as soft as the others - it seems to dry me out more. Many years ago my derm recommended using dove and said its all your face really needs in terms of cleansing, and while it won't change your skin, it will just gently clean it, and that is all most of us need. So whenever my skin is irritated or does not want to behave...its a good go to. Plus, nice to use the same soap on your body as your face, makes life really simple. So I giving them a positive review....I would buy again they are dirt cheap. But I prefer the Unscented, rather than the Sensitive. It most cases I will probably get tired and change to something else, but for now working well. Plus, my skin has been really sensitive lately, and the dove bars have helped improve the situation.

on 11/30/2009 11:23:00 AM

The only product I have consistently bought for years. Use it everyday on my body, have used it on my face in the shower. My daughter's pediatrician recommended that we use this to bathe her after she developed eczema. This combined with Cetaphil cream cleared up the eczema in two days. Can't beat the price. Love it.

on 9/2/2008 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a good no-nonsense soap. I use it mainly on my body but occasionally on my face without any problems. I started using this because all my body washes, lotions, and creams were different scents and they clashed with each other and my fragrance of choice. This was one of the unfragranced items I began using and the one I repurchase whenever I need more soap. I haven't had any problems with this breaking me out, but my skin isn't sensitive or anything. If you're looking for a fragrance-free soap that doesn't strip your skin of moisture, I'd recommend this one.