Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this bar to remove my makeup & as my cleanser when my skin is feeling irritated/dry. It removes makeup really well & cleanses my skin thoroughly w/o drying it out. I've repurchased this product more times than I can remember, definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best makeup remover for my clog prone skin. It removes everything (including mascara) very quickly & gently. My skin gets easily red/irritated but I have no negative reactions w/this soap. If you're looking for a cheap yet effective mu remover I recommend you give this a try!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.
UPDATE2018 - It's been 6 years and I have tried a few other soaps and I keep going back to Dove. I will stay with it.
I am trying to go cruelty free /animal product free, but so far nothing compares to the Dove bar. It's the only thing I havent been able to replace.

I LOVE Dove Sensitive. While I can't use it all over because it dries me out, it effectively got rid of all of my back acne. Last summer I started using the Go Fresh bar and I started getting more and more acne on my back, and I couldn't figure out why. I tried the Dial gold bar on my back, and that didn't really do anything, if not make it worse. I tried makeup wipes, different soaps, nothing was working. I had completely forgotten about the Dove Sensitive and I started using it on my back only, and almost all of the acne is completely gone! It's so nice because I'm not embarrassed to wear tanks or camis anymore! I've been considering using it on my face too, but I'm not sure if that'd be bad or not. Either way though, I'm glad it's helping out my back.

on 12/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this soap! It's an amazing gentle yet effective cleanser. I was using the Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser for a while but at $7 dollars a bottle it started getting quite expensive (I use my cleanser for removing face and eye makeup, so I use a lot of it).
Initially using this, I was skeptical mainly because I've never had positive experiences with bar soaps, but this is a truly amazing product. It removes all traces of eye and face makeup without striping my face or stinging my eyes (they will get slightly irritated if the soap gets in them, but it does not irritate my eye lids or eye area). It's also very cost effective because you can get a two bar pack for around 3.25 USD which is super cheap and one bar probably lasts me three or so months.
Just a tip, when I bought this I bought a travel soap dish for around a dollar with a closing lid to keep out on my bathroom vanity, mainly so it would be covered and reduce the risk of bacteria and other things like air freshener, body/hair spray, I found it better than using a traditional soap dish for not only sanitary reasons but because it also makes the soap super easy to travel with.

Love love love this cleanser. So cheap, yet so effective. I've repurchased it for over a year now and will continue to do so!

on 9/15/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I prefer this to the original formulation as it is SLS free and doesn't irritate my dry, slightly sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up as nicely as general Dove soap but I prefer less bubbles to dry irritated skin : )

on 8/14/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After realizing I have sensitive skin, this has helped with rashes and dry skin, and even a bit with acne. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and didn't smell so weird, but you can't really do anything with unscented I guess. I also feel like I get acne in weird areas with this sometimes. But I like how this feels on my skin and it isn't filmy and I feel clean

UPDATE: I am very grateful for this. I upped this to five lippies because it's really helped with some other bad skin problems. The weird acne came from something else and after some bad flares and a mishap with face wash, I'm soooooooo grateful for this!! My face feels like it finally has relief. And it feels good to rake a break sometimes from body wash and just use this. I used my family's Zest bar one time after forgetting a new bar, I felt all this film and wasn't clean. I just need something else for exfoliation.

on 7/15/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this soap for as long as I can remember. It's the only thing we've ever had for a bar soap in the house. My skin is and has always been (for the most part) silky smooth. I attribute that to this soap. I used this to wash my face along with my body for the lonest time. I haven't found it caused any breakouts. If anything it kept my face clean and blemish free. It removes most of the makeup I wear anyways. It didn't remove my Skin79 BB cream, or my waterproof mascara but it blasts away the olive oil I use to remove my makeup.

It's pretty cheap, it gets things clean and it isn't overly drying for my sensitive combo skin. What more could you ask for?

on 5/14/2012 2:35:00 PM

This unscented beauty bar is awesome. I use it as my daily face cleanser. I have oily and acne-prone skin. It had been bad since I was a teenager. I used to spend so much money on cleansers hoping they could help my skin but no, they did not. My skin stayed bad until I found this little gem. It works so much better than any other expensive cleansers. I feel I was so stupid in the past. This soap effectively removes dirt and oil, keeps my face shine free throughout the day but does not over drying it. It really balances my skin. The bar lather up very well and I always overdo it when Iím not careful Ė end up having too much foam on my face. The foam is very creamy though.

I eventually understand all I need is a good makeup remover and a gentle soap to keep my face clear. Using this after the DHC or Shiseido Cleansing Oil and then applying pure aloe vera gel as a facial serum keeps my face acne and scar free. I have never imagined that I could good out of the door without concealer, but now I have not touched my concealer for more than two months. It is so simple to have good skin. Just keep it clean.

P.S. please be patient while washing the soap off or it will leave a film and clog pores. I think thatís why some people are saying this beauty bar breaks them out Ė a few quick splashes will not remove the soap. Wash your face until you donít have that slippery feeling on your skin.