Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/13/2018 11:32:00 PM

Indispensable. Use it everyday on my face and body. Don’t want to be without it. Smooth creamy lather. No discernible scent. Cleans gently and rinses completely. No irritation. Leaves skin soft.

on 5/23/2018 10:22:00 PM

I reviewed this before, I am sure, but after a year or two of various cleansing milks, micellar lotions, foaming waters, foaming gels, oh, on and on and on....guess who's back to Dove Sensitive/ Unscented bar. Again.
1) This is possible THE Best soap for lather to shave sensitive lady bits...and a clean smooth leg shave every time.
2) Excellent non-stripping, non-drying facial soap that removes all makeup and stubborn sunscreens!
3) No smell, no residue, no film, doesn't even bug up the sink or tub (ahem, unlike so many "natural" bars I get as gifts...!!)
4) Can even wash my eyes with it; removes makeup like a dream
5) cheap; keep in a draining soap dish and buy in bulk on sale, obviously.
6) Every damn dermatologist I know still recommends this stuff.

I travel with a bar and if I don't, I always regret it. My moisturizers and sunscreens are pricey. My cleanser is on my face for all of 30 seconds and I tell you, there is nothing as irritating as cleaning with a $40 dollar deluxe whatever, only to see makeup and/or filth all over the cotton pad I follow up with (for my neostrata glycolic toner). With Dove: nothing. Not. A. Trace. LOVE unscented Dove.

on 1/27/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Fantastic for sensitive skin as it’s fragrance free gentle yet cleans well and doesn’t give you that stripped feeling you can get with most other soap bars. I have tried using it on my face, but didn’t like that as my face is acne prone. For body though it’s affordable and awesome. Bought a 16 pack for $15.99 at Costco can’t beat that price at 1$/bar and it lasts a while since it’s a soap bar! And in combination with a good exfoliating loofa (I have one from target for $5 with a wood handle that I love!) my skin has never been better. I should have tried this soap much sooner instead of throwing money down the drain with more pricy gel body washes like the aveeno skin relief I love that one but nothing has made the skin on my body as soft and hydrated as this. I used to have little bumps on the back on my upper arms and top of my thighs that have gone away since I started using this and usually my skin feels dry the next day so I’d have to heavily moisturize everyday not with this baby! I do follow up with an aveeno daily moisturizer after showering but have used that for years so that definitely wasn’t doing any magic lol Love love love the dove beauty bar for sensitive skin!!

on 8/21/2017 11:47:00 PM

I was on a tropical resort vacation and u no when u there u r more relaxed and advaturous....i was just taking a quick shower after going to the pool but realized that my avene face wash it on the other side of the washroom...i duno wat has gotten into me but i decided to use this soap which i wash my body with on my face....considering that my skin is very sensitive and doesnt react well to most things...it was just a crazy idea for me....but after using it my skin turned out fine....
after i come back home to toronto i decided to use it again and see wats up since my skin didnt freak out....do far i have used it twice yesterday and today...i gotta say my face hasnt felt this smooth for a long long time!!! its so relaxed and plumbed....i have tried quite alot of face washes over the past yrs but none has done this for mee.....i literally cannot stop touching my face now....and it costs almost nuting compare to things i have been using in the past....i m so shocked!!! highly recommended!!!! will update if things changed....
update: after using it for few days my skin started to get really dehydrated..........i think it's good for people with true oily skin and who lives in a more humid climate....still worth a try though

on 8/13/2017 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Works fine for the body. Face? Probably not because of it's iffy reviews and I did break out a little more than usual when I used this anywhere near my face but funny enough lathering it up on my hands to my hair, works great for that and as a hand soap PERFECT. Works ok "down there" and doesn't make your skin feel draggy and tight like other bars

on 7/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

on 4/13/2017 10:50:00 PM

Been using this for many years. I have dry body skin and occasionally eczema due to allergies. This soap really helps to prevent my skin from drying out.

It has no fragrance and is not eczema-provoking. Also, it's great/safe for washing lady parts, which is always a bonus!

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

on 8/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

I have had acne since I was born (OK, not really but it feels like that long). I am now 50 (gasp) and STILL have sucky skin. I tried this and at first didn't like it, went back to my various other products (that also didn't' work). I went back to Dove sensitive bar and have used it for 3 months now. It took a while for my skin to adapt (aka purge) but now it is much better. The purging is less than with a Clarisonic, for reference. I am giving this 3 more months and then I am going to try it with the Clarisonic for added cleansing. My whole family has switched and everyone's skin (including tween girls) looks better. If I am travelling and forget moisturizer, I can skip a day of it with this cleanser (my skin is very oily). My pores seem smaller and wrinkles less noticeable. I am no longer breaking out like a teen!