Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

on 4/13/2017 10:50:00 PM

Been using this for many years. I have dry body skin and occasionally eczema due to allergies. This soap really helps to prevent my skin from drying out.

It has no fragrance and is not eczema-provoking. Also, it's great/safe for washing lady parts, which is always a bonus!

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

on 8/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

I have had acne since I was born (OK, not really but it feels like that long). I am now 50 (gasp) and STILL have sucky skin. I tried this and at first didn't like it, went back to my various other products (that also didn't' work). I went back to Dove sensitive bar and have used it for 3 months now. It took a while for my skin to adapt (aka purge) but now it is much better. The purging is less than with a Clarisonic, for reference. I am giving this 3 more months and then I am going to try it with the Clarisonic for added cleansing. My whole family has switched and everyone's skin (including tween girls) looks better. If I am travelling and forget moisturizer, I can skip a day of it with this cleanser (my skin is very oily). My pores seem smaller and wrinkles less noticeable. I am no longer breaking out like a teen!

on 6/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My whole family has extremely dry & sensitive (eczema) prone skin. This bar of soap is the only bar of soap allowed in our house. We can use it on face or body and it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin. The house is also filled with boys who have this skin...this makes their skin regime so much easier. I will gladly follow many steps for skin care, my sons and husband...not so much. This helps keep them on the right track. Now if I can just get them to put lotion on after the shower. I hope they never stop making it. Our family would be in deep skin trouble.

on 6/18/2016 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am falling in love with this soap. I have sensitive, dehydrated, normal to dry skin and have been looking for the "perfect" face cleanser for many years now. I bought this because it said for sensitive skin and it has made my skin so much better. I wash my face with this then i use oatmeal as a second cleaner and my skin feels so smooth. It does dry out my skin a little more than the cleanser i was using before but this one is not causing breakouts and once i moisturize im fine. A very good head to toe product.

on 10/23/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the only product i use on my body...been using it for over 10 years. Before that i used Dial which made my skin constantly dry. This doesnt dry me out like regular bar soap...and I dont like using products on my skin with fragrance (except perfume) so this is perfect. The only thing is I seem to use it up faster than other bar ive used in the past

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.