Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/24/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because of how cheap it is. Unfortunately, I got an itchy rash and breakouts after only few uses. It works fine for me as a body soap though!

on 5/4/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Last month I switched to Dove Sensitive thinking it would be better for my 51 yr old skin that is oily and prone to breakouts. I really liked that it's unscented, my skin felt nice, not dried out. But, after using it the first couple weeks I started to breakout. I have more blemishes, a couple cystic blemishes like I've never had before. After several weeks giving this soap a try and just realizing this is the only thing I've changed, it has to be this soap. I've also found on Beautypedia that Dove Sensitive Unscented is rated Poor. I wish I had researched before I purchased.

Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is similar to Dove’s other Beauty Bars and is not recommended. Although this bar cleanser is fragrance-free, it still contains soap constituents that can be drying for skin and definitely do not rinse well. The residue this cleanser leaves on skin can impede the performance of leave-on products such as exfoliants and moisturizers.

on 3/9/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This soap is supposed to be unscented but it stinks sooo bad.
I regret I bought them, will never re-purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have rosacea and sensitive skin, and tried this on my never-ending quest for a HG facial cleanser. I'll have to keep looking, as this left my skin bright red and dried out, even though it felt moisturizing in the shower. For now, I'll stick with my trusty CeraVe foaming, which is not perfect, but at least doesn't cause irritation.

Burns and stings my eyes and makes my face feel dry and tight and irritated. Less irritating on my body but still drying. It's a no go for me, and my skin is only moderately sensitive.

on 1/29/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this on the strength of the reviews, but a total no-go for me. It wasn't particularly drying, but broke me out really badly after a few days. I really wish it had worked for me, as it's so cheap compared to my usual Clarins cleanser.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was getting lazy about using my facial cleanser-purity made simple- and used dove for my body and face. Yes, it cleanses my face well and take off all my makeup including eye makeup, but it irritates my eyes and makes them red for days! I thought I was allergic to my makeup, had allergies or pink eye. After months of trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my eyes, I decided to stop using dove on my face and my eyes cleared up! This is gonna stay below the neck for me:)

on 5/2/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently read alot of good reviews mentioning how amazing this product is and was eager to try it for myself. I suffer from acne and oily skin so I was really hoping it would help my situation. I was always lead to believe NOT to use soap on my body or face as it dries it out but I decided to give it a go (I'm desperate).
I bought a dual pack from the chemist for only $5.50 which was a really good deal. The first two days I noticed an improvement in oil production which was a positive. It lathered really well, didn't irritate my super sensitive skin and seemed to be working.
Oh how I was wrong!! After the third day my skin started drying up and flaking all around my nose and lip area, so much for 1/4 moisturising lotion! Also my face completely broke out. Will never use this product again.

Uggg this made my face so dry! I was hesitant to use it but read so many good reviews on here; but only after a few days it was dry and flakey :-(
It's fine on my body; but not my sensitive face.

I didn`t know I could feel so much HATRED for a product. I hate this stuff. HATE IT. I have super-sensitive, acne prone skin, and after looking on MUA I thought I`d give Dove a go because I wanted something really gentle. I chose the `EXTRA sensitive bar` and couldn`t believe that something for sensitive skin could smell like poison: this stuff stinks of chemicals. Going against every single instinct in my body - all of which were yelling "do NOT put this smelly **** on your face" - I thought: it says it`s for extra sensitive skin, MUAers love it, it`ll be fine.

It was NOT fine. My face was tingling as I lathered up so I rinsed as quickly as possible, and as soon as I was out of the shower my face was red and shiny. A couple of minutes later, it started prickling all over - like tiny little needles - and I rushed to the sink to use my normal SANA cleanser but it was too late: my skin was a mess. This morning I woke up with clogged, angry pores all over my face: my forehead is bumpy all over. I`ve never had such a bad reaction to any product.

I`m glad so many people like this, but if you have REALLY sensitive skin, be careful with this product. Not putting perfume in a product doesn`t mean it`s gentle on skin: this stuff is still full of chemicals, it just doesn`t smell very nice into the bargain. If you want "1/3 moisturising lotion," just use a moisturising lotion.

Horrible. If they let me give it 0 stars, I would.