Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/5/2012 12:49:00 AM

Okay, this is my first review EVER but the only reason why I took the time to even set up an account was because I wanted to spread the word that this soap is seriously amazing. I have battled acne for about three or four years now, and seriously, it has done so much damage to my self-esteem. I know that's really vain of me, but when you go to school with people who have flawless skin, it's hard to not think about how unfair it is that you're the one stuck with disgusting skin. I never used to have trouble with acne on my cheeks before, although my forehead is a completely different situation (I've always had acne on my forehead since I was in sixth grade). However, all of a sudden one day in the beginning of tenth grade, I started breaking out on my cheeks. They were little bumps, a combination of white heads, blackheads, and cystic acne. I was devastated. My mom took me to the dermatologist where I got a mild antibacterial pill and another vitamin A liquid thing to keep my skin from being too oily.
So my skin stayed clear for the majority of the year. I got off the meds and started using proactive and various other salicylic acid products (clearasil 10% acne cream, neutrogena oil free grapefruit acne wash, oxy daily cleansing pads, etc etc) to keep my skin in check, but sure enough... the acne came back. I thought maybe my skin had gotten immune to those products and so I kept going for stronger and stronger products. But finally, I decided that maybe my skin needed a break from all the products that I was using on it.

I know Dove Beauty Bar seems like a very unlikely choice of soap to clear acne; trust me, I was so reluctant to use it, especially because everyone tells you not to use bar soaps and that they dry out your skin. However, my boyfriend once told me that he used dove beauty bar for his face, and he also used to have acne--- i think he has it in the winter because his skin gets dry and he never moisturizes his face, but in the summer his skin is absolutely gorgeous. So, I decided to give Dove Beauty Bar a try. Less than a week has passed since I've used it but my skin has cleared up completely. All the closed comedones underneath the surface of my skin and the blackheads and white heads are all gone. My bigger cystic acne (I had like two, one on my forehead and one on my cheek) have been fading as well, with the help of the clearasil 10% acne cream since I think the dove soap isn't strong enough to tackle those (unless you want to wait for a week or so for the pimple to disappear on its own). Seriously, i haven't seen my skin this clear for a while. My skin is just as clear as when I first got off the dermatologist medications and that is incredible, considering Dove Beauty Bar isn't even really specifically meant to clear acne. I can finally see the true beauty in my face, and not the acne and acne scars that dominated my skin.

My advice for those who have been battling acne and have used a ton of products that have not been working is to maybe take a week off from those products and use a gentler soap like Dove Beauty Bar to see if maybe that's the reason why you've been breaking out. Sometimes acne targeted soaps are too harsh on the skin; it dries out the skin, breaking the natural skin barrier that we all have, and therefore allows even more germs to enter through the surface of the skin.

I hope my review helped... I really want to help anyone else out there who has battled what I have had to battle for the past four years.

on 5/26/2006 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm an esthetician who recommends this soap to all of my clients! Many derms I know use this on themselves. I love the fact that it's ubercheap, removes even heavy makeup yet doesn't strip and rinses very clean. For those of you who have said it clogged your pores, try this: wash one time to remove makeup, rinse well, then wash a second time to remove facial oils and debris and rinse. Use a clean, soft, all cotton wash cloth and gently massage in a circular motion. Use only tepid (lukewarm water). More than likely you will get much better results using this method as it is most likely inefficient cleansing that is clogging your pores and not the Dove.

on 4/30/2010 5:10:00 PM

Like many of you out there i don't think you need to spend a lot of money on skin care to have good skin. I have tried so many cleansers from mostly chemists, Boots and Superdrug in the Uk. I have never bought any high end skin care e.g clinique, shisheido i cringe at the prices and i think the people who buy them are fools. The key to good skin i have learned the hardway is to keep your skin care routine simplistic. Have you ever noticed that the people with fabulous comlexions often do little in terms of their skin care routine and dare i say it use soap and water. Hard to believe i know, after all this talk of soap is bad for your skin etc etc when its really all you need. So any way after reading reviews on here I went to Superdrug and bought a twin pack of Dove Soap for Sensitive skin. Its odourless thank god as i find the original Dove overly perfumed. Its soo gentle and mild and the first soap i have discovered not to be drying or leave my skin tight. I use it morning and night and follow up with Witch Hazel as a toner and then sunscreen in the day and just witch hazel afterwards at night to let my skin breath and function itself. I have suffered from acne since i was eleven and have been on Accutane, used Benzoyl Peroxide and have always been searching for the perfect routine for me. Now i can say i found it, i love Dove Sensitive Skin Soap. Simplicity is the key, try it! it will not leave a hole in your pocket thats for sure and Dermatologists reccomend it.

on 8/23/2010 3:03:00 PM

IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN YOU MUST BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Over the last couple of years I have been putting my face through HELL!!!! Constantly changing facial cleansers medications toners steaming my face... the list goes on!!!! MY face was a MESS! A painful mess of acne all over my face that I was so desperate I tried EVERYTHING...but dove. I thought that dove would make my face worse because it is known for high moisturizing effect..and for some reason I was stupid enough to think that this would make make my face more oily. WRONG. The key to curing your acne FOR ANYBODY is to be as gentle as possible with your face. You need to baby it.STOP PICKING, SQUEEZING..EVERYTHING!!! Any dove product that I have come across is gentle enough to use on a baby! I use this soap and the facial cleanser for sensitive skin to wash my face, then I put the sensitive skin face lotion on and BAM...within like a week my face has cleared up one hundred percent. My face hasnt been this soft or clear since I was a child. The transformation is crazy. so please, IF YOU HAVE SERIOUS ACNE like I did, do yourself a favour and try the sensitive skin line by dove.

on 6/4/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have suffered with acne for the past 18 years, and for the past 18 years, my Grandmother has told me to use Dove soap. I always scoffed at the idea of using a bar soap on my face. After all, people always say not to use bar soap at all. Well, last month, I was experiencing the worst breakout of my adult life. My derm recently diagnosed me with subtype II rosacea and along with my persistent mild acne, my skin was in horrible shape. I had nothing to lose when I began using this. Well, it's now the only soap I'll EVER use. I threw away all of my expensive cleansers, facial acids, etc. I can't believe what a difference it's made in my skin! Although I still have some scarring, my skin is smooth and clear from breakouts. I also use this as my bath soap and someone on the Acne.org community board suggested using it as a shaving cream. It's great for everything! This will always be a staple in my household. Oh, and the best part is that it's CHEAP and you can buy it everywhere!

UPDATE 9/11/09: I stopped using this for a while (can't remember why) to try more "natural" soaps like black african soap, castile soaps, etc. and I paid a huge price. My skin broke out in a horrible rash and cysts for months on end. I went out and bought a package of this and my skin is clearing up so fast. What a relief. I learned my lesson and won't be switching again!

Back when I was in school, people used to ask me all the time why i never got acne during puberty - I used to tell people all the time, all i ever used on my face was Dove soap. In which people couldnt comprehend a body bar used on the face. Skip ahead many Years and MANY Dollars spent on high end products, my skin started to look dull, red, and just uneven with breakouts? .. which lead to me shelling out more AND MORE money on the 'miracle product' to fix my skin... I recently remembered the old days (when i had no income) when I used to use Ponds cold cream to tissue off makeup, and then dove soap to get the residue off, and I tried my old Regimine again... well my skin hasnt looked this good in 10 years. Dove Beauty bar will probably be the ONLY face wash (and Ponds), id ever let touch my skin forever. There is a reason this has been around so long... Now i'm stuck with 100 bottles of expensive crap that doesnt work, and I think i'm going to be nauseas thinking about all the $ spent through the years... but better late then never I guess.... Try Dove on your face...I swear by it!

When I tell you this was my HG of HGs, I REALLLLLY mean it. That is, until they changed their ingredients! When I used it, it was perfect for my parched but oily skin and I was using some heavy acne-treatments. Based on these ingredients, my skin was perfect, supple, soft, and best of all not dried out!

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Cedrus Alantica (Cedarwood), Bark Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

The combination of different essential oils attributed to its soothing properties as well as the thoroughly clean feeling since it dissolved all the dirt. However, the ingredients in the new Dove Sensitive Skin bar contain none of these! There are NO essential oils at all, plus the bar cracks in half as you continue usage! Beware if you are buying this to keep your skin calm as it just dried me out based on these NEW ingredients:

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Thankfully Burt's Bees Citrus Facial scrub is gentle and contains sweet almond oil as well as rose oil just like Dove once did :)

on 2/10/2010 2:49:00 AM

my brother in law is a doctor who suffers from eczyma and dry, sensitive skin. he recommended this to me, because i have very sensitive skin. he explained that the so called "sensitve skin" liquid cleansers are full of sulfites and preservatives and stabilizers. soap is not naturally liquid. it is a solid. they have to add all that crap to keep it liquid in the bottle.
so i made the switch to this. it's cheap. it doesn't smell like anything but soap. it lasts a really long time. it removes all my make up, with the exception of waterproof mascara. it doesn't make my skin burn, or get itchy, red, rashy and bumpy.
i've tried so many other things. this is my hg cleanser for life. i will never go back to liquid facial cleansers.

on 10/14/2004 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I never thought I'd say this, but this soap is great! Who said soap was bad for your face, anyway? Feeling like a total anarchist, I went out and bought this. After all, it IS outrageous to pay huge amounts of money for cleansing your face, when you use just about anything on your body! I have used this now a couple of nights, and the result is amazing: clean skin that is not stripped in the least. ALL makeup gone, including my L'Oral mascara. No tightness, no redness. Just great looking skin for 1/40 of the money I usually spend! My wallet is going to love me, and so is my conscience. :) UPDATE 12/3: Well, I've used this for two months now. My skin has never been better. I don't even wash my face in the morning anymore I just rinse with lukewarm water, no need for extra moisturizer (and this is Swedish December!) and on with my JI Purepressed. No redness, no breakouts, no flakes. Incredible. I'm hooked for life.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit uneasy about posting this review, because I don't want to jinx the success I've had with this simple bar of soap. For ten years I've battled with acne and the low self-esteem that comes with it. I tried everything my budget would allow, but the redness, pimples, and blackheads remained. I wasted hundreds of dollars on products that maybe worked for a little bit, but then my acne would come back full force. Finally, in desperation I bought this bar of soap after reading the glowing reviews. I figured I had nothing to lose; my skin couldn't get any worse. I know bar soaps have a bad reputation and never imagined using one. However, it's been a week since I started using this, and my skin has never looked better. No new breakouts, and the ones I have are disappearing. My skin is beginning to look smooth and even-toned. I just about cried. All this time and money and feeling ugly, and a $2 bar of soap fixed my skin.