Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

3.3

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

on 10/8/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Dove Beauty Bar Sensitive Skin was recommended by my derm who said I had the driest skin she had ever seen. It is my top to toe soap. Yep, face, too. And I love it. The facial redness is better, the itchy bod is better. Now if they just don't toy with the formula, I have a keeper.

on 11/16/2006 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes I have bought this again. I like it for my baths and showers. It makes my skin clean but not stripped and dry. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. It has no scent. I do also like Crabtree and Evelyn soaps since I am a fragranced soap freak but after having a rash for a long time of unknown origin, probably tinea (fungus like athlete's foot) that won't go away I switched to this and plan to keep using it for the way it leaves my skin softer than other soaps.
I feel it is the gentlest soap you can get. I was afraid it would get mushy like I remembered from when I was younger and tried it but it does not.

I still use my beloved Borghese facial spa cleanser on my face though.
But this sensitive skin Dove soap is my new HG of bath soaps.

on 9/8/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought some of this soap last week. My dermatologist said - well, actually she did say that, but I went more by that book "Skin Rules" (good book) that said it was good to use unscented soap and recommended this soap by name. I do like it and feel clean after using it. I miss the smell of scented soap but oh well. Two bars wrapped together is more expensive than some other soaps for a two pack so I gave it a 3 for price. My husband will continue to use deodorant soaps and I'm glad he does!
Perky

I'll be honest and admit I haven't used this in years, but when I opened the page and this product was the first thing that popped up it triggered a memory. This is the only soap my mother ever used. When she died at the age of 85 her skin was smoother and had less wrinkles than women half that age. I'm thinking of trying it again. Must be something to it.

on 2/4/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I've been using gentle non-foaming rinse-off cleansers for my dry sensitive skin and thought I would give this synthetic detergent bar a try. It foams quickly and rinses easily. It does leave my skin feeling a little dry and tight so I use it only once or twice a week. I follow with serum and emollient night cream.

on 7/18/2006 11:01:00 AM

I have been experimenting with different cleansers, in the attempt to find something that works for my combination sensitive skin. I thought I liked the unscented Dove version, but only for occasional use, because it can make my skin feel alittle tight and filmy. I bought the Sensitive skin formula based on the reviews here. I tried it last night and then used my regular moisturizers. My skin felt very dry and tight. I woke up this morning and was oily in the t-zone but my skin still felt moisture deprived and uncomfortable. I was itching alittle bit also. This does not work at all for me and I really wish it did. It's so simple and inexpensive. I'm really glad it works for so many of you.

on 11/22/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the old unscented version was divine, it was just UNSCENTED. this combo of unscented / sensitive skin made my entire body break out in a rash. I am trying to find the old plain unscented, was able to buy it on amazon till recently and now it is no longer available. DOVE agrees they changed the formula and discontinued, I am looking for a replacement. help please!

on 4/20/2004 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought I would give my face a break and switch from Cetaphil. I used it for two days and the third day I woke up with 2 large pimples on my chin. I never have breakouts! Back to Cetaphil for me.