Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

I have had acne since I was born (OK, not really but it feels like that long). I am now 50 (gasp) and STILL have sucky skin. I tried this and at first didn't like it, went back to my various other products (that also didn't' work). I went back to Dove sensitive bar and have used it for 3 months now. It took a while for my skin to adapt (aka purge) but now it is much better. The purging is less than with a Clarisonic, for reference. I am giving this 3 more months and then I am going to try it with the Clarisonic for added cleansing. My whole family has switched and everyone's skin (including tween girls) looks better. If I am travelling and forget moisturizer, I can skip a day of it with this cleanser (my skin is very oily). My pores seem smaller and wrinkles less noticeable. I am no longer breaking out like a teen!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 5/4/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Last month I switched to Dove Sensitive thinking it would be better for my 51 yr old skin that is oily and prone to breakouts. I really liked that it's unscented, my skin felt nice, not dried out. But, after using it the first couple weeks I started to breakout. I have more blemishes, a couple cystic blemishes like I've never had before. After several weeks giving this soap a try and just realizing this is the only thing I've changed, it has to be this soap. I've also found on Beautypedia that Dove Sensitive Unscented is rated Poor. I wish I had researched before I purchased.

Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is similar to Doves other Beauty Bars and is not recommended. Although this bar cleanser is fragrance-free, it still contains soap constituents that can be drying for skin and definitely do not rinse well. The residue this cleanser leaves on skin can impede the performance of leave-on products such as exfoliants and moisturizers.

Like many others here, I found that it dries the skin on my face. Depending on the time of the month, I can sometimes feel it pulling, it's that dry. I sometimes feel that it doesn't fully wash away (probably because of the cream).

I also don't like the smell too much but would have lived with it if it was good for my skin.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it because it's one of the rare soaps that I can use in my private parts, probably since it's unscented and moisturizing. Otherwise I itch a lot, sometimes several hours per day.

It's cheap and it goes often on sale at Costco (Canada). As for any soap, unpack it let it dry in a drawer of clothes: it will last even longer.

Plus the packaging can be recycled.

Finally, I know people who love high end brands who use it: it says a lot!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best facial cleanser ever! I have used Dove since my dermatologist recommended it thirty years ago. I pair this with my Clarisonic (after I have removed my makeup) and it does a great job of keeping my skin soft and blemish-free.

on 10/3/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Dermatologists are always recommending this stuff, and I get samples of it from pediatricians and family practice physicians as well. Dove must have an aggressive sales force in this area...but, aside from that, its popularity with doctors allows me to assume Dove Sensitive Skin (unscented) is a very safe product for just about everybody; babies included. My doctor told me to wash with Dove when I began using Refissa. It took me awhile to deprogram myself from thinking I was destroying my skin each time I washed my face, but it didn't take long for me to see that my skin likes this soap. I've used it on my body for years, I just didn't think it was safe for facial skin. Not only is it gentle, it removes makeup, including mascara (not waterproof) better than many many other cleansers I've tried. I like the clean soft feeling I get when I use this. When I wear long-wearing makeup, especially, this is my go-to face cleanser.

on 8/1/2010 3:22:00 PM

I'm always looking for the most economical skin care & make up products. I've found the more expensive products are not always the best. After reading about some of the additives in the liquid cleansers, I decided to try something new. I hadn't used any type of bar soap for years but after reading the reviews here I decided to try the Dove for Sensitive Skin bar. I'm on my second bar now so I feel it's safe to review. It cleanses my skin thoroughly and doesn't leave it dried out. I like the feeling of really clean skin before I use body lotion. I wasn't too sure about using it on my face but I do like it . I've found removing make up with cold cream, followed by cleansing with Dove & then toning with witch hazel, my skin's appearance & texture is smoother and I've had fewer pimples. It hasn't done anything to help with the k.p. on my upper arms but it hasnt' caused any bad reactions either. I'll definitely keep using the Dove. I don't think I'd get better results with a more expensive cleanser.

Update 12/8/10: This is a 5 lippie HG for me now. I've been using it since late summer and it still is not drying to my skin. I've also found I don't need to bother with the cold cream unless I've worn heavy makeup. Now I simply massage Jason's Vit E Beauty Fluid into my skin & to eyelashes to remove waterproof mascara. I let it steam into my face while I'm showering, rinse if off & then wash my face with Dove. I always follow my cleansing with witch hazel. My face is nicely moisturized and I am having far fewer break-outs. I'm going to try some of the other variations of Dove soap for my body but I will stick with this sensitive skin version for my facial cleansing.

on 11/6/2009 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this soap as an alternative to the Neutrogena liquid soap and have come to like it just as much if not better. It is unscented, non-drying, and leaves my skin clean but not tight. It also removes all residue of makeup without stripping my skin. I was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. I had heard and read praise of the Dove beauty bar, unscented, for sensitive skin so I decided to try it and I am glad that I did.

It is almost dirt cheap (I bought a six-pack for less than $10), and the ingredients are simple. For me, it works, and I hope it continues to do so. I can usually tell within a few times of using a soap or lotion if my skin doesn't like it. So far, so good.

ETA: Three weeks later and I like this beauty bar even more. It is also wonderful for washing "winter" hands.