Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Filtered by age: 36-43
Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/23/2018 10:22:00 PM

I reviewed this before, I am sure, but after a year or two of various cleansing milks, micellar lotions, foaming waters, foaming gels, oh, on and on and on....guess who's back to Dove Sensitive/ Unscented bar. Again.
1) This is possible THE Best soap for lather to shave sensitive lady bits...and a clean smooth leg shave every time.
2) Excellent non-stripping, non-drying facial soap that removes all makeup and stubborn sunscreens!
3) No smell, no residue, no film, doesn't even bug up the sink or tub (ahem, unlike so many "natural" bars I get as gifts...!!)
4) Can even wash my eyes with it; removes makeup like a dream
5) cheap; keep in a draining soap dish and buy in bulk on sale, obviously.
6) Every damn dermatologist I know still recommends this stuff.

I travel with a bar and if I don't, I always regret it. My moisturizers and sunscreens are pricey. My cleanser is on my face for all of 30 seconds and I tell you, there is nothing as irritating as cleaning with a $40 dollar deluxe whatever, only to see makeup and/or filth all over the cotton pad I follow up with (for my neostrata glycolic toner). With Dove: nothing. Not. A. Trace. LOVE unscented Dove.

on 6/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My whole family has extremely dry & sensitive (eczema) prone skin. This bar of soap is the only bar of soap allowed in our house. We can use it on face or body and it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin. The house is also filled with boys who have this skin...this makes their skin regime so much easier. I will gladly follow many steps for skin care, my sons and husband...not so much. This helps keep them on the right track. Now if I can just get them to put lotion on after the shower. I hope they never stop making it. Our family would be in deep skin trouble.

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .

on 5/26/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have just now discover why I break out. I haven't been washing my face with the right cleanser. Eversince I started using this beauty bar to wash my face twice a day, my face is now clear without applying BP at night. It removes makeup and oil off my face. Leaves my face clean but not dry like every cleanser does. Try it. It's cheap and you've got nothing to lose.

on 11/14/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, Love, Love this! I am forever checking my cabinet to make sure I don't run out! It is inexpensive and readily available at almost every store. My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!

on 11/5/2011 12:43:00 PM

You are always hearing that you should never use bar soap on your face. Well in my case, i can tell you this is WRONG! I have oily, acne prone skin and i have used proactive, murad, clinique, and everything in the drugstore for acne!!!! I learned here on MUA about this little gem, and haven't looked back!! I use this with my olay spin brush thingy, and it has drastically reduced my blemishes, pretty much removed all the flakes, and just leaves my skin smooth and bright. I LOVE IT!! Will continue to use FOREVA!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I picked up a 2 pack of the Dove Sensitive Skin bars out of desperation. Nothing works cleansing my skin, no matter how much it costs, so I decided to go old school and try Dove. I have an elderly aunt who's used it for years but I cannot stand the cloying powdery smell of the original, which lingers in her bathroom. While I loved the smell of the other bars, I was scared to use that much scent on my face. So when I found this, I grabbed it. It's not completely unscented, but it smells like basic soap.
Boy was I shocked! The blackheads on my nose and the redness on my chin that have plagued me for years is gone. Even after spending $$$$ over the years on everything under the sun, I could not get rid of the t-zone clogged pores. Now they're gone and I'm thrilled and still have money in my wallet. :) I use DHC Cleansing Oil first, then use the Dove on the areas where I'm prone to blackheads and acne. It costs less than DHC soap and I don't have to wait for UPS to drop it off when I run out. Plus it goes on SALE at the store. How many times have you seen a pricey cleanser do that?

This is a really nice soap (for body anyway, never tried it on my face). I used to use the regular white Dove bar, and although I liked the moisturizing properties, the smell of that never really settled well with me. The unscented version offers even better moisturizing it seems, but with far less scent. I don't agree that it's unscented, but the smell isn't terribly offensive, and evaporates from your skin by the time you dry off. I always have plenty of these bars stocked up in my closet, and can't imagine switching to anything else anytime soon. Highly recommended.

on 11/21/2007 12:29:00 PM

I really like it. I've been using it for bathing and my skin is so much softer than with any other soaps I've used. In the last 6 months or so I've been washing my face with it at night and I wash with it in the morning before applying my moisturizer. It takes away the ruddiness. My skin hasn't been this moist and soft since I was a kid. I've recently gotten compliments on my facial skin's appearance.