Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

on 8/10/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I always use unscented products for washing my special place. For the longest I used nothing but Ivory but my best friend swore by this so I tried it. This lathers and rinses clean. I love it. While I do use body wash for everywhere else, I am very careful with my lady parts. This is wonderful and will certainly stay in the rotation.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

on 4/5/2012 12:54:00 PM

Really, really impressed with this. I've been experimenting with my skincare routine a lot in the past couple months, and mostly experimenting first on my chest to see if I get any reaction; if not, using whatever product on my face. After a couple months of mild breakout on my chest, and after using a couple different products on it, I decided a couple weeks ago to just use the Dove Sensitive Skin bar there. Within a week my chest was basically clear, and continues to be so. About a week ago I started using it on my face out of desperation (Purpose was irritating my face and giving me big zits, Cetaphil wasn't cleaning well enough and I had nothing else on hand), and my skin seems to be liking it. Can't comment on whether or not it's clogging my pores yet, but I am leaning towards no - usually it only takes a couple days for clogged pores to begin forming, if they will, and I haven't seen any. I'm cleaning my makeup off with jojoba oil prior to washing with the Dove, just to be sure my makeup is off (I've been putting makeup on my forearms and washing it off with different cleansers to see what is actually getting the makeup off, and most of them leave quite a bit of makeup there, including the Dove, so I thought removing makeup prior to cleansing would be a good idea, and it seems to be working well.) Will update if this changes, but I am VERY happy. About to start experimenting on my chest with DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil (which does remove all the makeup on my forearm), because I ordered some samples before I realized how much I like the Dove. We'll see how that goes...

on 3/20/2012 12:28:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

on 1/10/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

the only soap i've ever used that is gentle enough to not upset the ph balance of a certain area, all other soaps are too harsh (irish spring, you smell so good, but you do not belong in my shower).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have literally been using dove since i was a baby, this is the only soap my mom would use on me, and 28 years later I am still using it! I get soooo many complements on how smooth and soft my skin is -face and body. I switch between the sensitive skin and the original.

on 10/20/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I started using it as a facewash after running out of other things to try. I was using nothing but honey and yogurt for awhile and while my skin looked nice, I was still getting some breakouts. I was going to go back to the one cleanser that worked for me (even though it stung my eyes like crazy) only to find out they reformulated it. I ended up getting a 2-pack of bars after reading the reviews on here, and so far, so good. I've only been using it for about a week, but no new acne in that time plus it removes my MMU and mascara in one step. My one complaint is that it leaves my face a tiny bit tight/dry feeling. Since I've yet to find a moisturizer I wasn't sure how to fix this. Today I tried just a couple spritzes of rosewater which I normally use for applying and setting my MMU and it seems to have taken away that tight feeling. The only other thing that has me concerned is exfoliation. I'm thinking I'll end up doing yogurt masks a couple times a week to take care of this, but I want to wait awhile longer before adding those. I'd like to get at least two straight weeks of nothing but the Dove.

A few other things I really like:
Doesn't sting my eyes even when removing eye makeup
Controls oiliness without being overly drying
Doesn't cause redness or irritation

Right now I'm going to give this a 5 and update if anything changes.

on 3/27/2011 5:00:00 PM

I have been using this bar soap for my face for over a year now. I used to use a variety of face wash from different brands and nothing compares to this bar soap which is cheap, effective, mild and unscented. My skin is a combination of dry to normal or normal to oily depending on the weather conditions. Ever since I have used this product, my skin has cleared up amazingly, smooth and no breakouts.