Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/11/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has been a constant in my shower for the past few years along with the regular version and Pears glycerin soap. I use both the regular bar and the sensitive skin one, but will stick to this version in the future because I find it noticeably less drying. It's also less fragranced which I appreciate. I buy a lot of high end beauty products, but for some reason, when it comes to shower soaps, I haven't felt compelled to stray. I really like the Dove Beauty Bar aesthetic. The soap has such a great look and feel. It's easy to use and fits in the hand nicely when it's brand new. But even when the bar has been used and reduced to a fraction of its former self, it still remains that bright white color and continues, in my mind, to epitomize clean simple luxury. Plus, the price is right. ;)

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

on 8/10/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I always use unscented products for washing my special place. For the longest I used nothing but Ivory but my best friend swore by this so I tried it. This lathers and rinses clean. I love it. While I do use body wash for everywhere else, I am very careful with my lady parts. This is wonderful and will certainly stay in the rotation.

It helps clear up acne and all I can say is it's really amazing! I've used the dove white bar before but it only clogged my pores so that time I told myself never to use dove on my face again but because of my frustration with acne, I've decided to try it again but this time the one for sensitive skin, and yes it did really clear my acne up. Wow. Pls try this soap if ever you're suffering from acne.this is a cheap and effective way to clear it up.

Update: it still clogged my pores. I've switched to the dove body wash since I saw one I youtube using it as a face wash with proactive repairing treatment lotion ( I'm using dove cucumber n green tea scent body wash) and fortunately the stuff hasn't clogged my pores yet for a long good week. I hope it stays on my routine for good.

on 10/31/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this again in a pinch for a body soap, but I tried it for my face and it was a disaster. Left my skin red tight and itchy and several days later, I broke out in a bunch of little inflamed pimples on my cheeks. Any acne I experience is usually hormonal and around my chin or jawline, and with this being my only new addition in my skincare routine, I definitely know this was the culprit. Not bad for a use on my body, but I'll be sticking with St. Ives body wash.

on 10/31/2013 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I needed more face cleanser since I was about to run out, and I decided to try this after reading so many positive reviews. I have combination skin which typically doesn't react to products. I had a few pimples on my chin prior to using this bar, and thought maybe something more "sensitive" would help since acne products are too drying for me. Well, this soap has dried out my whole face and I have new pimples in places I never get them! This is all I've used on my face in the past week. I love it for my body, which is why I rated it a 2, but for the intended purpose, it's just not the right product for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

on 4/28/2013 3:58:00 PM

I was always told not to use soap on my face because it can clog pores and can over time strip skin of essential oils. My friend swears by this soap, and claims that it made her skin smooth and hydrated. I decided to give it a try and it really did make my face super smooth! I used the soap and then used my regular face wash. I know this is not advised to do but it did remove all of my makeup and did not dry out my skin. This soap is super inexpensive and lasts a very long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after reading reviews on here. I've been using it at night when I need to wash my makeup off and it works surprisingly well. I have super sensitive dry skin and it doesn't burn or turn my face red after washing like other cleansers do. It does make my face slightly dry afterward, but that is cleared up no problem with my moisturizer. So far (about a week), it hasn't broken me out or caused any problems. It has helped the acne that started sprouting on my cheeks in the weeks prior to using it.

I only use this when I need to wash off makeup, or else it might end up making my skin a little dry eventually.
When I'm not wearing makeup, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, which is even better for my dry sensitive skin. I would use just that, but it doesn't really get rid of makeup.

***UPDATE*** I only use this in the shower now as a body soap. Long term use wasn't doing my facial skin any favors. It was starting to make my skin congested. My pores were getting bigger.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Best stuff ever!! I get the original beauty bar. I wash my fash with this and only this with my Olay cleasing brush (Clarasonic is a rip off). Followed by sea breeze and Jose Marin Argan Oil. Thats it. NOTHING and I mean nothing has helped my acne. Ranging from small pimples to HUGE cyst acne. Ive had ance since my early teens. Im 28 and still struggles with it. Ive tried every face wash in the store and even gone to doctors, even tried the birth control way... Nothing. I found that less is more with my very sesitive irish red head skin. The more benzo peroxide and salasylic (however you spell it) I put on my face the more irritated it became. I love this it shouldnt be called bar soap because its not its heavenly! I love Doves body washes too! The Winter and Summer ones are my fav. The only thing I wish they would change is using a bar of soap over and over is unsanitary. I keep it in a soap container but I wish this formula came in a pump form! Other wise I wont use anything else on my face. My grandmother used this on her face too and had barely any wrikles when she died in her mid 70's. GIve it a try ladies! Give it time like aything it takes time for your skin to calm down!