Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Filtered by age: 19-24
Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.2

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this to wash my face after I take off my makeup with a greasy cold cream. It cleans well. I love it. I typically can't use bar soap because it dries out my skin too much, but for the purpose I use this for, it's absolutely perfect. It keeps my skin clear and clean. I don't use it on my body because I prefer body wash and bars strip my skin, but this is not nearly as stripping as your average bar of soap. Very good stuff.

I've used pricey skin cleansers from LaMer cleansing milk, Chanel, Shiseido, SK-II, Laneige and Lancome but they all irritated my skin in harsh ways. I always thought if I spend money on expensive products then my skin would be clearer. Whenever Dove bar soap came to mind, I reacted "No way! That stuff will dry my skin!". I proved myself wrong. This past month, my skin has been very irritated with uncontrollable itching and red patchy facial skin. My face was dry where there were so many skin flakes. No matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated, my skin would just get so dry and red. I have been using Dove sensitive bar soap for 1 week now and I can't believe how much my face has improved. The first few days, the soap didn't bring overnight results. It took time and towards the end of the week I've been getting the best results! Still have just a tad bit of redness on my cheek but the majority of my face isn't red! The itching stopped and my face isn't dry. I love how the soap doesn't sting my face. All the expensive cleansers I've used in the past always stung my face and it made my skin flare up afterwards. Given that this is in a bar form, this should last me quite a while. This is now my favorite cleanser and it's so cost effective. Never would I think that something so cheap can be so effective! I have to give Dove sensitive bar soap some major props because it has given me the confidence rather than hide because I was so embarrassed about my eczema/rosacea facial skin.

Would I ever hesitate to buy another cleanser? ABSOLUTELY NOT! This stuff is the BEST!
There is no fragrance in this bar soap which doesn't provide my skin irritation....love it!

on 7/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this bar to remove my makeup & as my cleanser when my skin is feeling irritated/dry. It removes makeup really well & cleanses my skin thoroughly w/o drying it out. I've repurchased this product more times than I can remember, definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best makeup remover for my clog prone skin. It removes everything (including mascara) very quickly & gently. My skin gets easily red/irritated but I have no negative reactions w/this soap. If you're looking for a cheap yet effective mu remover I recommend you give this a try!

I LOVE Dove Sensitive. While I can't use it all over because it dries me out, it effectively got rid of all of my back acne. Last summer I started using the Go Fresh bar and I started getting more and more acne on my back, and I couldn't figure out why. I tried the Dial gold bar on my back, and that didn't really do anything, if not make it worse. I tried makeup wipes, different soaps, nothing was working. I had completely forgotten about the Dove Sensitive and I started using it on my back only, and almost all of the acne is completely gone! It's so nice because I'm not embarrassed to wear tanks or camis anymore! I've been considering using it on my face too, but I'm not sure if that'd be bad or not. Either way though, I'm glad it's helping out my back.

on 12/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this soap! It's an amazing gentle yet effective cleanser. I was using the Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser for a while but at $7 dollars a bottle it started getting quite expensive (I use my cleanser for removing face and eye makeup, so I use a lot of it).
Initially using this, I was skeptical mainly because I've never had positive experiences with bar soaps, but this is a truly amazing product. It removes all traces of eye and face makeup without striping my face or stinging my eyes (they will get slightly irritated if the soap gets in them, but it does not irritate my eye lids or eye area). It's also very cost effective because you can get a two bar pack for around 3.25 USD which is super cheap and one bar probably lasts me three or so months.
Just a tip, when I bought this I bought a travel soap dish for around a dollar with a closing lid to keep out on my bathroom vanity, mainly so it would be covered and reduce the risk of bacteria and other things like air freshener, body/hair spray, I found it better than using a traditional soap dish for not only sanitary reasons but because it also makes the soap super easy to travel with.

Love love love this cleanser. So cheap, yet so effective. I've repurchased it for over a year now and will continue to do so!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

dove sensitive bar is very nice. It doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or my young baby's. I use it to shave and as face wash. Of course I use it as plain old soap to clean my body too!

The only not so great part is the price. Its over a dollar a bar out here in the midwest. I dont like to screw around with my products that much, but I tried jergen's mild soap and find it to be a good alternative. If I find a good sale on dove sensitve bars that can compete with jergen's mild soap (33 cents a bar) then I will buy it.

on 9/15/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I prefer this to the original formulation as it is SLS free and doesn't irritate my dry, slightly sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up as nicely as general Dove soap but I prefer less bubbles to dry irritated skin : )

on 8/14/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After realizing I have sensitive skin, this has helped with rashes and dry skin, and even a bit with acne. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and didn't smell so weird, but you can't really do anything with unscented I guess. I also feel like I get acne in weird areas with this sometimes. But I like how this feels on my skin and it isn't filmy and I feel clean

UPDATE: I am very grateful for this. I upped this to five lippies because it's really helped with some other bad skin problems. The weird acne came from something else and after some bad flares and a mishap with face wash, I'm soooooooo grateful for this!! My face feels like it finally has relief. And it feels good to rake a break sometimes from body wash and just use this. I used my family's Zest bar one time after forgetting a new bar, I felt all this film and wasn't clean. I just need something else for exfoliation.

on 7/15/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this soap for as long as I can remember. It's the only thing we've ever had for a bar soap in the house. My skin is and has always been (for the most part) silky smooth. I attribute that to this soap. I used this to wash my face along with my body for the lonest time. I haven't found it caused any breakouts. If anything it kept my face clean and blemish free. It removes most of the makeup I wear anyways. It didn't remove my Skin79 BB cream, or my waterproof mascara but it blasts away the olive oil I use to remove my makeup.

It's pretty cheap, it gets things clean and it isn't overly drying for my sensitive combo skin. What more could you ask for?