3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 days ago

I've recently been on the hunt for a medium coverage glowy foundation to give me that bit extra on weekends days/nights out (everyday holy grail is Mac Face and Body). Purchased a bottle of this in bone which is the coolest warm tone shade in this particular Clinique foundation. It's sooo orange and I'm not even that light, I can get away with NC20 but I usually wear NC15 / NARS Fiji or C1/C2 so I'm light but not majorly light. The bone shade is shocking for lighter people. It oxidises like crazy - I applied this at 6am under artificial light due to the dark mornings at the moment and was mortified to see the shade at lunch time in daylight - it had oxidised so much and was so orange, I'm more yellow / beige undertone shaded so it's a major disappointment. HOWEVER the foundation itself is really nice and if you can find a shade right for you and you want the that glowy skin but better look then this is good for that. In a bid to get this to work for me I add some whitening drops or mix it with some of my lighter yellow toned foundations so the £30 spent is not entirely wasted but I'd rather not have to mix it with other products. Lasting power could be better and it doesn't compare against the lasting power of my MAC foundations. So all in all I wouldnt buy again unless they release a realistic light warm toned shade but if you get a colour match you might love it. Definitely get a sample first though and check the shade match in real light as store / home lighting can make a shade seem fine when it's really not!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

19 days ago

Fantastic foundation for dry/dehydrated skins. Light, creamy coverage with slight 'glow,' as you would expect. When you think it is running out, store upside down; you'll get another month or two's use out of it. Not cheap, but good value. Beats Chanel and Dior hands down.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 months ago

Not terrible but not really good either I bought this one because I saw the word "glow" in it's name and SA said it's a very good choice for combination-dry skin types.I was color matched to CN28/Ivory which is very slightly dark for my NC15-20 skin,I can get along with much darker than this but I don't like it because it slightly oxidizes to a cold,muddy undertone which doesn't look good on me and makes my skin look dull and a bit dirty(it doesn't get darker after a while,just changes undertone) unfortunately it's color isn't the only problem(I could probably have a better color match if I took my time to try more shades,so it's my bad too).it doesn't have a glowy finish however it's not matte either.it's something in between.texture-wise it's not a runny,lightweight liquid or a thick,heavy cream,again it's in between,it's like a creamy liquid which felt pretty moisturizing when I first saw it's texture,still I need to moisturize my skin before wearing it.unfortunately it stays on my skin without sinking in and looks quite cakey which I hate.I don't like to see my foundation on my skin.coverage is medium,maybe it could be more but I don't dare to put on more than a little.it looks a bit better/less cakey after an hour but at the end of day it looks dry and heavy but it doesn't fade I have tried much worse foundations,at least this one doesn't break me down,has decent coverage and usually doesn't cling to my dry patches from the very first second,still if I could,I'd give this one a 2.5 out of 5 not more.it's texture and coverage reminds me of Bourjois 123 CC Cream but that one doesn't oxidize and has a better fair-light color(eventhough Bourjous CC Cream has very very limited shades,actually it's lightest shade has slight pink undertone and I prefer neutral-slightly warm ones,but at least it's a beautiful color which makes my skin look healthy not dull or dirty),it doesn't look cakey,heavy or dry like this one(that one isn't glowy either but at least is closer to being radiant),it's more hydrating,also has SPF15,also comes in a travel friendly,plastic tube with a thin nozzle and is much cheaper and widely available,so I prefer buying that one instead of repurchasing Clinique Even Better Glow Light Reflecting Mackeup but I'd still like to try Clinique Moisture Surgue CC Cream,it has a tempting name for a dried skin girl like me

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

a year ago

Could Even Better Glow be The One for me? I tried a sample of Even Better foundation in Golden Neutral, which is a great match to my skin in Clinique's Beyond Perfecting (BP) foundation but somehow it seemed a tiny bit too light in Even Better. I thought I'd try again at a different Clinique counter, explaining I'd been matched to Golden Neutral in BP. The assistant said that Clinique foundations don't all follow the same shade names and numbers, so she checked a guide and saw that the corresponding shade to Golden Neutral in Even Better Glow is Oat. I didn't really want Glow but hey, it's a free sample... ... I usually avoid anything that suggests glow. I'm in my mid-50s, good skin, look younger, but shimmery stuff when you're older tends to highlight things like pores and lines that otherwise aren't obvious. I put this on in good natural light and wow! Firstly, it's a light, thin texture that feels more like a tinted moisturiser and glides easily across the skin with fingers. Coverage; light to medium, more than the texture suggests and like the original Even Better gave me a beautiful, natural finish. Next, the shade. Oat looked right on my skin. Is there such a thing as a perfect match? I'm not sure, but Clinique's Oat/ Golden Neutral are as close as it gets for me. They seem to have really improved their shade and undertone range since I last used their foundations (a while ago!). Now to the glow; to my relief this foundation doesn't "glow" as such but gives me a healthy radiant look which I really like, with no sparkles. I always use powder, but a light dusting sets while letting the radiance through. I don't normally wear foundation on a daily basis but this is so easy to use, and gives such great results, that I'll very likely buy this when I run out of my sample. Update 14/02/2019: bought full size during 15% off promotion. I really like how this foundation doesn't settle into pores and lines, and looks so natural. It's brought me back to daily foundation use for the first time in years!

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

The foundation looks great but unfortunately, I broke out in hives so there is some irritating ingredient.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

a year ago

I got a sample of the Even Better Glow in 3 colors: the CN52 Neutral is a good match for color for my light medium olive (tending yellow, and warm) skin, but the WN04 Bone is too light, and the WN114 Golden is too dark. What's worse is that over time, it looked like a shiny oily mess. This is a loser for me...I don't mind dewy (the Ellis Faas foundation I love is silky and dewy), but I don't like greasy. I threw the samples away, I don't even want to recycle this dreadful foundation to anyone else. Because it was a sample, but I have to give a rating for packaging, I was generous and gave it a 5, because Clinique packaging is generally good.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Other

1.0

2 years ago

This is one heavy looking foundation! My mum is a big fan of the original version of this and surprise surprise, when I managed to obtain a sample pot of this (even two!) during a Clinique event in Scotland I was very interested to try this version too. Maybe that is the main reason behind NEVER being able to obtain a sample to try the foundation on my own first is that majority of the new releases with a 'glow' in the title are really bad looking on my skin (hello Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Healthy Glow). I have dry skin but without any particular dry patches, wrinkles or pores to hide and I like lightweight, natural looking foundations that I never apply all over and always in the most subtle manner (fingers are my preferred method) as I don't need to cover much. I like Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, Armani Maestro Glow and on most days I just go out wearing a tinted mineral sunscreen with a tiny bit of powder on top. In short, I like my skin to look natural but perfected. This product is far from it. It is a thick foundation, colour selection is confusing (I was matched to 4 and...38! I'm 020 in Chanel and Dior, 4 in Armani) and it is pretty matte and heavy looking on the skin even when applied even in a tiny amount and blended out with a wet BB sponge. It does not have any fragrance (Chanel Les Beiges smells like urine...) and the packaging is a squeezable plastic tube so easy to travel with. I applied it in the morning, and a couple of minutes after application it was heavy, makeup looking, like the pigments were not milled thinly enough and it was sitting on top of the skin, sucking every bit of glow out of it instead of giving it back. It only has spf 15, yet my Kiehl's mineral spf 50 that is not a foundation by any means is thinner in consistency and covers better than this. To cover a tiny red spot on my cheek (it is that time of the month...) I put it on and blended TWICE and in the end I still had to go and spot conceal with Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage that I keep at the back of my makeup drawer for that sort of emergencies. Quite a lot of faff in the morning! using fingers was out fo the question. In the end I had to stop patting it desperately with my beauty blender (I skipped setting it with powder as it was dry and matte looking already) and went on about my day. Approximately 6-7 hours later I was meeting my husband for a dinner and I looked at myself in the mirror of the restaurant's loos - it needed blotting, gathered in the folds of my nostrils but at least looked less matte and was not completely gone from my chin and cheeks. So I blotted my forehead just in case and my face looked ok. But I have a pretty good skin that does not need much coverage. A nice thing was that my blush was still visible on my cheeks so it holds on to the products put on top quite well. Thank you for a sample of this Boots, you saved me £28 worth of a bad looking foundation. Now I just have to get rid of this awful new Chanel one...

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

A little about my skin - combination; oily t-zone and normal to dry everywhere else. I would describe this foundation as medium coverage and I agree with one of the reviewers before me, it’s not glowy nor is it matte - somewhere in between. I don’t love this when first applied. It sits on top of the skin, no matter how much i blend or prep my skin before application. I find it looks best if I blend with a brush and go over it with a wet beauty sponge. And it is not kind on dry/flakey skin. It looks more natural and skin-like after a few hours of wear, once my natural oils come through. I bought this foundation for weekends - slap and dash. It’s too high-maintenance (blending with two tools) for this purpose and for this reason I won’t be repurchasing.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

This product is a lot like the even better original. I almost can’t tell the difference. It doesn’t look glowing and thanks to the colour oxidizing, I now look dirty :( I got the light colour, breeze. Thank goodness I got a sample of it. I wouldn’t buy this. I found its medium to full coverage heavy and drying :( I don’t understand why Clinique can’t come out with a hydrating foundation for very fair skin? All their foundations seem to leave me very, very dry :(

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

I am nc25/30 and meringue is a good match for me. I think the shade is darker than the online description would have you believe. To me it's medium/fair not very fair. Finally found a nice yellowy clinique foundation. Coverage is v light imo. It's not buildable as it starts to feel too gunky. I like this for the glow, a slightly less glowy finish than NARS TM. Beware, it does pool in the pores round my nose. A damp sponge helps with that, but also dilutes the coverage. So it's not the best for redness in the nose area. It makes quite good skin look naturally better but it's not going to give you a flawless canvas.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age44-55