Clinique Even Better Glow Light Reflecting Makeup SPF 15

Even Better Glow Light Reflecting Makeup SPF 15

3.8

on 12/7/2017 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation. I have oily skin and usually cannot use a glow foundation. I would not say that this foundation is glow foundation, but definitely not matte. Most foundations break up on my skin the longer I wear it, but not this one. Also does not settle too much in fine lines.

on 11/12/2017 4:42:00 PM

I've been dancing around buying from Clinique for years because of their higher-priced items. I finally bit the bullet and tried this product, mostly due to the fact that the Breeze color was the only one that that didn't make my cool-toned skin look orange.

It's a pretty good product. I use it on the red, blotchy parts of my face and it covers pretty well, but it isn't heavy, so I don't feel like it's caked onto my skin. I definitely prefer the packaging style to every other foundation I've used; I just squeeze it out onto my brush and there's no mess.

Like any foundation, you'll want to exfoliate before using this, as it'll accentuate your dry spots. I'd recommend a good setting powder if your face is more oily, because it's definitely not a matte formula. The product claims to make your skin glow over time, and I've been using it for months with no discernible difference. I would consider buying it again, it's not amazing enough for me to switch to nothing else.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After my deeply regretted Estée Lauder Nude foundation foray, I got a sample of this in Breeze. I liked the sample so much that I bought a bottle.

I love that it comes in a "dripper" bottle - I can get one drop or a whole squirt - and I don't need to worry about it spilling or breaking on the off chance I ever go anywhere. And Breeze is finally light enough for me in this formulation and does not oxidize! Praise be! It looks so perfect and human with decent coverage (I neither want nor need my skin thickly covered). There's no glimmer or glitter; just life to your skin. It definitely needs powder to finish or you might get glowy, but I mowed the lawn last night with a reel mower and it still held up. I have been using this over Clinique's Moisture Surge Concentrated blah blah blah and it's fabulous. Hat tip to the Bad Outfit, Great Lipstick blog (which is not mine; merely citing my source) which posted a Mary Greenwell makeup artist video and I have been "pummeling" this into my face in largish quantities to great effect. It also works well drop by drop and applied normally, but I can't get over the perfection I can achieve with the "pummel" (that's totally a LaVyrle Spencer vocabulary word, isn't it?). Great stuff.

Tried this because the MUA thought it would be good though I was hesitate. I have used the original Even Better and it was pretty good. I always use Mac Nourishing Waterproof in NW 25 and love it but it the winter want a lighter foundation. The original even better is pretty good as well and the Clinique redness solutions. This however was off. Not sure if it was the the color (vanilla) don’t think so... or just did not like the formula. I have tried tons of high end foundations and this looked like a mess. I did not like the luminous sheen too it. Emphasized my fine lines and looked shiny. Also the color seemed to get darker and darker throughout the day. This is a light coverage foundation and did nothing for my skin. I question was it the color?? I think it was a mix but even with the perfect color this stuff is not for me. Aged me and made my face look dirty!!! No way. If anything I will use the original Even Better. Anything is way better than this stuff.

on 10/24/2017 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have mature skin that is not terribly dry. I have some discoloration and slackening, but not many wrinkles.

The first thing I want to say is that you MUST try the colors in real life; do not try to guess at a shade from a swatch on a computer screen or by the name. Ivory is a bit darker than Fair. Vanilla and Porcelain Beige are not pale shades, even though the names might suggest that. Some shades are definitely more yellow, and there are a couple of olive/ash shades in there, such as Stone.

This foundation offers pretty significant coverage, and it has a dense texture. It has a fair amount of slip. It has "cones" in the formula. I find myself needing to blot it down so it does not look too heavy. I have not tried mixing it with a moisturizer, but may do that.

It does not have a sparkly finish. If you ever used Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation, you know what I mean by sparkly. It does not make you look like you ran amok with the highlighter. Instead, it has a moist, dewy, non-matte finish, but it is not extremely oily or slick. It is a satiny-dewy finish, not extremely dewy at all. Clinique has never had an uber-slick foundation, even those it has dubbed Dewy or Moisturizing, and this stays true to this trend.

It comes in a plastic bottle with a dispenser tip. You squeeze the bottle. Don't squeeze out a lot unless you REALLY need coverage.

Today, I blotted it down, used a cream blush and no powder. Granted, at my age, I am no longer an oil gusher. But this set well, does not feel slick or oily, and is holding up well.

No fragrance.

The Clinique Even Better Glow Light Reflecting Foundation is a decent option for those with normal to slightly dry skin looking for medium coverage foundation. I like that this formula is fragrance free but I do wish they would have upped the amount of SPF protection to the universally recommended amount of 30. But do remember that this SPF protection will not be very effective unless it is applied liberally- and most times foundation is not applied liberally- especially if you use a damp sponge or brush to apply it.
...

Hallelujah! Clinique managed to not only come up with a better version of their Even Better foundation but actually created a light yellow tone shade called Bone. After some difficult and confusing swatching (the usual with Clinique foundations), I got my hands on it and it's perfect. I'm a light leaning to fair in dead of winter but feel that this shade will carry me till then. Light is my tan! The foundation is similar in consistency to the original, perhaps a little more fluid and it definitely has more of a shine. I would describe the finish as a light satin glow with medium coverage and plenty of pigment to cover redness. It's easy to mattify if that's your thing. I do use a light matte powder around my t- zone. Definitely more hydrating but not at all greasy. I'm impressed.

On a side note, after my extensive swatching I believe the shade range has improved overall. I think Clinique has been kicking butt lately especially with all the Pop stuff too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you are a person who likes Even Better regular, but need a little more pizzazz to your finish, then I suggest you just use regular Even Better and spritz with Fix or some other dewy product, because this, IMO is no improvement on the original. This is a medium coverage, non-buildable, "wet" looking, cruddier finish version of the original. I swear I think they just added glycerin and watered it down. It has less coverage than the original, doesn't really set, and just doesn't look as good, IMO. It just looks "thick"--like in that old fashioned foundation kind of way.

A better version of this would be their Superbalanced Silk foundation. A fabulously buildable Satin finish high quality makeup. One of their best. This, I think, is one is of their worst. (And that's saying something--generally just not a fan of Clinique foundations!) I think they kidnapped some chemist from Chanel and locked him in their basement and forced him to come up with Superbalanced Silk!

If you want a medium coverage dewy foundation, may I recommend Bourjois Healthy Mix, Lancome Renergie lift, the Body Shop Moisturizing... Heck, just throw some moisturizer into your favorite non-dewy foundation and it would be better than this!

Dry skin, here. For reference.