Shiseido Ibuki Smart Filtering Smoother

Ibuki Smart Filtering Smoother

on 8/24/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is a product that does what it is advertised to do. Blurring and mattifying without being drying. A very little bit goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

While I was surprised by how tiny the bottle is (or seems to be - it could be that the shape makes it seem smaller than it is), the price tag was also pretty tiny - $25 CDN and I managed to get it for 20% off at SDM on Thursday (20% off for age 50 and over). I have liked everything I've tried from the Ibuki line and this serum/primer is no exception. It keeps my skin looking matte and fresh all day, even without foundation over it. I generally wear this as a last step in my skin-care, after applying sunscreen/moisturizer combos and even in the hot and humid summer weather, my skin looks really nice and fresh at the end of the day without having to blot, powder or otherwise deal with the oilies that invariably pop up at the end of a steamy, "humidex-hell" kind of day.

on 7/26/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I've been searching for a primer that will 1) control oil 2) smooth out the texture of my skin 3) not make me break out. I've used many, many brands and unfortunately none have worked out for me. I was told about shiseidos smart filtering smoother, and was very skeptic at first. "It's like an instant selfie filter on your face" they said! I purchased it and used it the next day under my dior forever foundation....the texture is super lightweight and feels like a serum at first, then has a slightly powdery finish. It's suggested to use under or over makeup, but I love to use it under my foundation. It honestly does smooth everything out! I have acne scars on my cheeks and large pores in my t-zone...this stuff works like a dream. I've had it for 4 months and I'm still on the same bottle!