MAC Satin - Brun

MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

on 4/18/2016 6:52:00 PM

I used MAC Brun for years when I wanted a natural-looking eyeliner. Occasionally I used it as eyeshadow. Brun was always a better eyeshadow than Concrete was.

Anyway.
I bought a new pan, but its not the same. It isnt as fine and soft as it was. Its harder and chalkier. And the color is ever-so-slightly different. The real problem is that I can't use this new pan of Brun as eyeliner OR eyeshadow because it irritates my eyes within minutes of applying it. Brun is now useless to me. Why, MAC? Why did you mess with a great product.

The old formula was a 5/5. This newer version is a 3.....IF you're not sensitive to whatever new ingredient they're using.

on 10/15/2015 7:10:00 PM

I was looking for a very dark brown, almost black shade. First I bought Embark. I wasn't happy with the color (too purple) or the performance (extremely patchy and difficult to blend). So then I bought this, because I wanted a cooler brown. And I definitely got a cooler brown. This is a dark brown/black/grey. However, it performs just as poorly as Embark--it is hard, patchy, difficult to blend, but I put up with it because I love the color.

To Read all 147 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/14/2015 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In contrast to anyone else here on MakeupAlley, I do not use this for my brows but I actually use it as an eyeshadow :). I looove it's cool dark brown color, BUT it is very hard to apply. It turns out pretty patchy and it takes a lot of work to get the colour even. Still, the colour makes everything right :)

on 7/30/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The absolute best for eyebrows! It is completely ash brown, so no red tone at all, which is what I am after. I am extremely pale and it looks great on me. My brows are very natural looking now, better than with the Anastasia products. I do use Brow Fix first, then the Anastasia brow brush to shape and fill. Love!

on 1/19/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a brow product and I got told by a friend to buy this product for now before buying brow dip by Anastasia Beverly Hills. After buying it, I don't want to try another product for my brows. It stays put, depend on how much of a strong colour you want, you don't need much product and after a heavy night when I've forgot to take my makeup off, it brows actually last longer than my eyeliner. Will continue buying. I need to start buying the Mac eyeshadows for my actual eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this to fill my brows in only and it's does the trick. It stays put and gives the effect I wanted. But I now prefer to use Macs brow crayon in spiked as it is less hassle and more precise. Just because of that reason I wouldn't but it again.

on 3/10/2014 5:44:00 PM

I have been using this to fill by brows for 10 years. And 1 pot last me years and years. Great value, great colour. Sometimes I'll mix it with a taupier colour and use as eyeshadow when I am doing a smokey eye.

on 2/19/2014 6:53:00 PM

The perfect colour for filling in my eyebrows that are sparse on either end. Looks very natural just as if I was born with full eyebrows. I generally dab an angled brush two or three times into the shadow, then proceed run to the brush lightly a few times in the needed areas.
Have not used it as an eyeshadow as neutral/cool toned colours turn very ashy on my eyes.
Is very pricey for such a small eyeshadow, but I will continue to purchase until I find a dupe that is not powdery when I dab a brush into it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the perfect shade for dark brown/black brows. Brun is a cool-toned, neutral brown that gives a natural brow look. I apply it with an angled brow brush on top of my Anastasia Brow Fix. The texture is pigmented and not powdery. That said, it is not a great color for the crease or anything like that. I don't actually like using it as an eyeshadow and that seems to be the general consensus. I took off one lippie because prior to my Brun+Brow Fix combo, I used the Wet N' Wild brow kits. The dark shade in that kit is a cool brown like Brun but it is way more pigmented. I wish Brun was just a touch darker or something, but for now it remains my go-to brow color.

pretty much the perfect color for brows. a true cool brown. personally i dont find warm tones on the brows attrctive on anyone. i use a 208 brush to fill mine in. also use this as a crease color sometimes. it can be a little stiff to move around sometimes but thats understanable due to its matte formula (even though it is a satin)