MAC Satin - Brun

MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect brown - for me- no visible ruddiness esp when blending, hence superior to Espresso - no green muddy tinge hence superior to Mystery (for my colouring).
Though not 'warm' it does not read as ashy either. Very pigmented. Blends well. The colour is perfect and matches exactly to Lise Watier espresso eyeliner.
I have been looking for an eyeshadow like this for years.

on 3/1/2017 6:55:00 PM

Purchased this on a whim. So glad I did. I did not expect to be overwhelmed by this color but I was. It's so rich and brown. The consistency/ texture is amazing. It's super pigmented. It's easily blended. It's everything I've wanted from a deep, cool-toned brown color. I do think the particular one I have is the older formula though. I think MAC has changed their eyeshadows. I recently purchased a handful, directly from them and they all had pretty crappy pigmentation and texture. I digress... I love this eyeshadow!

on 2/13/2017 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I use this product to fill in my dark brown, almost black brows. The shadow is perfectly pigmented for this purpose and easy to work with and the colour is perfect.

on 12/29/2016 1:05:00 PM

Great dark brown. Smooth and extremely long lasting. I always apply a thin layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer, wait a few minutes and then apply my eye shadow, eyeliner etc. When applied this way, this shadow easily survives 10 hours and more. No fading, no melting, no creasing (and I have very oil eyelids), even in very hot and humid weather. It is very cost-effective as it takes months of everyday use before you start seeing the pan. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a replacement for a much loved but now discontinued Everyday Minerals brow color that I had been using for years, I have fair skin with dark brown hair and find that a lot of brown eyebrow shades are too warm and unnatural looking on me. This shade is cool enough to look natural, without being ashy. The pigmentation wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be but for already thick eyebrows thats not a major deal breaker for me.

on 4/18/2016 6:52:00 PM

I used MAC Brun for years when I wanted a natural-looking eyeliner. Occasionally I used it as eyeshadow. Brun was always a better eyeshadow than Concrete was.

Anyway.
I bought a new pan, but its not the same. It isnt as fine and soft as it was. Its harder and chalkier. And the color is ever-so-slightly different. The real problem is that I can't use this new pan of Brun as eyeliner OR eyeshadow because it irritates my eyes within minutes of applying it. Brun is now useless to me. Why, MAC? Why did you mess with a great product.

The old formula was a 5/5. This newer version is a 3.....IF you're not sensitive to whatever new ingredient they're using.

on 10/15/2015 7:10:00 PM

I was looking for a very dark brown, almost black shade. First I bought Embark. I wasn't happy with the color (too purple) or the performance (extremely patchy and difficult to blend). So then I bought this, because I wanted a cooler brown. And I definitely got a cooler brown. This is a dark brown/black/grey. However, it performs just as poorly as Embark--it is hard, patchy, difficult to blend, but I put up with it because I love the color.

on 8/14/2015 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In contrast to anyone else here on MakeupAlley, I do not use this for my brows but I actually use it as an eyeshadow :). I looove it's cool dark brown color, BUT it is very hard to apply. It turns out pretty patchy and it takes a lot of work to get the colour even. Still, the colour makes everything right :)

on 7/30/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The absolute best for eyebrows! It is completely ash brown, so no red tone at all, which is what I am after. I am extremely pale and it looks great on me. My brows are very natural looking now, better than with the Anastasia products. I do use Brow Fix first, then the Anastasia brow brush to shape and fill. Love!

on 1/19/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a brow product and I got told by a friend to buy this product for now before buying brow dip by Anastasia Beverly Hills. After buying it, I don't want to try another product for my brows. It stays put, depend on how much of a strong colour you want, you don't need much product and after a heavy night when I've forgot to take my makeup off, it brows actually last longer than my eyeliner. Will continue buying. I need to start buying the Mac eyeshadows for my actual eyes.