Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

4.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sodium Polyaspartate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Decyl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 8/27/2018 9:50:00 PM

I have slightly oily, acne prone skin, and was getting a bit dry in areas of my face so I decided to give it a go. I love Smashbox’s pore minimising photo finish primer, so I had high hopes for this one. It didn’t do much for making my makeup stay on any longer, however I did feel moisturised throughout the day and my face didn’t feel tight. But as soon as I took it all off, redness started to show on my chin, forehead, and the center of my face. That redness developed later into acne and whiteheads that ruin my skin. To make things worse, being so fair, the redness and breakouts are all the more obvious on me. This product messed up my skin so bad. Do not purchase this. It is terrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive rosacea breakout prone skin.
I always try to use new products on the half of my face to see how my skin reacts.
Now I have clear skin on one side and pimples on another. Checked the ingredients list. Isopropyl Isostearate is the ingredient that is known for causing acne.
Other than that it's a beautiful product that gives a smooth shine-free surface that lasts all day. Too bad I can't use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry/eczema sensitive skin and this is a really great primer. The product comes in a pump bottle and it's a very thin white liquid, which would let you think that it isn't very moisturizing but it is! I would not recommend this as a moisturizer if you have dry skin for normal skin types yes sure! But as a primer over moisturizer on dry skin this is great at least for me, this makes my foundation go on flawless. Would repurchase even if I find it somewhat on the expensive side!

on 7/7/2018 7:59:00 AM

I am done product sampling as I have finally found the perfect primer for my dry skin! I am 47 and this primer combined with my moisturizer & foundation (all Lancôme Regenerist) all I can say is WOW! My skin looks amazing at the end and lasts all day! Fine lines are plumped and blurred out and skin feels so nicely hydrated and not greasy!

on 5/13/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have dry skin, and found this to do a very poor job at either moisturising or priming. I would not repurchase. Their now discontinued blue Hydrating Primer was excellent, this is a dreadful replacement. At least it's unscented, but dry skinned users should absolutely obtain a sample prior to purchase.

on 4/26/2018 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is touted as a moisturizer and primer in 1 product. I find that I did enjoy the texture of this product. I did use it instead of my go to moisturizer (right now that Clinque moisture surge) and my primer (I tend to use smashbox photofinish, becca backlight, or benefit professional pending on what foundation). I currently have a small patch of eczema, so it didn't completely hydrate and smooth that area, however the rest of my face felt well hydrated. It didn't cause me any breakout or redness. All my liquid foundations (avoiding powder in general at this time) applied well. Didn't cause any separation by midday.

I may just use this in the summer months, when I don't need a more hydrating moisturizer. Wish they would consider a formula with some sunscreen.

Would recommend for oily to normal skin types. Those with a more dry skin type with visible dry patches may need to layer a moisturizer prior this product.

on 4/18/2018 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

So far so good. I have very dry 54 year old skin and didn't think I would like it because it is so thin and almost more like a serum. I was surprised that it did the job of moisturizing my skin enough and priming it well for my BB cream. I have to use 2 pumps so it probably won't last that long however.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When this first launched, I got a sample because I was interested in something that could replace 2 steps in my daily routine (if this contained sunscreen, it'd be even better!). I used the sample and it was nice but I wasn't totally blown away by it, in part, I think, because I often wear primer on its own, without foundation, so I like to have something like Becca's Backlight Filter Primer or Lise Watier's - ones that make my skin look either dewy or velvety and this primer does neither. THEN, I read the review from Redwings, my fellow Canadian and general "validator" (we seem to like many of the same products) so I decided to pick this up at Shopper's on a Thursday (20% off) and pay the bulk of the rest with my Optimum Points. I do like this product but I don't find it moisturizing enough for winter, so use another moisturizer underneath (Clinique's SuperDefense with SPF) and then this and then (sometimes) foundation. Come summer, though, this will be an (almost) perfect daytime product (though I'll really need to be sure to use something with SPF then). It's not my favourite primer but it is certainly a nice one. How I wish CoverFX would bring back the one they had that did have SPF in it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Their photo finish primerizer acts as both a primer and moisturiser, aiding in moisturising the skin for up to 24 hours, and increases moisture by 127%. I applied the primer into the palm of my hands and worked the product into my face. The primer felt quite light almost water-based and acted as a sheer shield to protect my pores from makeup that may settle in. The primer also aids in acting like a magnet that locks onto the foundation, achieving a smooth polished makeup look.

on 2/24/2018 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this creamy moisturizing primer that leaves my skin feeling so soft, smooth and well-hydrated. This is the perfect primer for those of us with dry skin. I think that it would also work well on any skin type if used under a matte finish foundation to keep your face from looking flat and dull. It reminds me of Too Faced HangoveRX Moisturizing Primer which I also happen to love. I wish these primers weren’t so expensive because I do see the benefit in using a primer no matter what your skin type is as long as you find one that meets your needs. The packaging is nice, glass bottle with a pump but I actually prefer a squeezy tube (without a pump) that will allow you to get all of the product out and not waste any, especially these high priced ones.