Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer
Photo Finish Primerizer

4.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sodium Polyaspartate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Decyl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily and acne-prone skin, and this is probably the best primer I have ever used. I received this in a Sephora gift box for Christmas, along with other items. It comes out a very thin consistency, which can sometimes be tricky to mess with. It dries down fairly quickly and soaks in well. You only need 1-2 pumps to cover the whole face, which is nice for product preserving reasons. It keeps my makeup looking nice and matte all day long, and feels weightless on the skin. Since I have oily skin, I was afraid that this wouldn´t work with my skin type. It keeps it hydrated enough that it is not greasy feeling. The price for the full size is a little ridiculous, at $42 a bottle. I could see paying that for a luxury skincare item, but for a primer? That is asking for too much.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few primers I really like. I usually just go in with a regular moisturizer, but I find that this gives my makeup a little more grip to the face. I have very dry/eczema prone and sensitive skin, and this is a great option for a primer if you ask me! Packaging - great. Comes in a glass bottle with a pump, like a foundation. Feels sanitary. Product - great. Very moisturizing! Feels good and sinks into the skin! However - I do feel that it stings my skin a tiny bit when I apply it since I have very sensitive skin. If you are like me and feel like you are reacting very easily to creams and such you might want to get a sample or something before you buy it (because it’s on the pricier side). I just get a little bit red, that’s all. And since I’m going in with foundation afterwards to cover up inperfections, I don’t really care about the redness. I also do realize that all skin types are different. I have friends with dry skin that recommend creams/skin care products to me that don’t work at all and just sit on top of the skin. So again, if you are very sensitive and dry - always take a sample of faceproducts before you buy it!!! Personally, I would choose this primer the other moisturizing primers I’ve tried. Like the Too faced one. This one really makes your skin nice and plump! Overall I would recommend all my dry-skinned boys and girls to try this because it’s a really nice product and I will repurchase it when it runs out!

on 10/23/2018 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Received in ipsy bag, have used for undereye primer and been happy with it. Am using it cosmetics bye bye undereye on top, and without the primer that looks rough. The primer makes adifference.

on 8/27/2018 9:50:00 PM

I have slightly oily, acne prone skin, and was getting a bit dry in areas of my face so I decided to give it a go. I love Smashbox’s pore minimising photo finish primer, so I had high hopes for this one. It didn’t do much for making my makeup stay on any longer, however I did feel moisturised throughout the day and my face didn’t feel tight. But as soon as I took it all off, redness started to show on my chin, forehead, and the center of my face. That redness developed later into acne and whiteheads that ruin my skin. To make things worse, being so fair, the redness and breakouts are all the more obvious on me. This product messed up my skin so bad. Do not purchase this. It is terrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive rosacea breakout prone skin.
I always try to use new products on the half of my face to see how my skin reacts.
Now I have clear skin on one side and pimples on another. Checked the ingredients list. Isopropyl Isostearate is the ingredient that is known for causing acne.
Other than that it's a beautiful product that gives a smooth shine-free surface that lasts all day. Too bad I can't use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry/eczema sensitive skin and this is a really great primer. The product comes in a pump bottle and it's a very thin white liquid, which would let you think that it isn't very moisturizing but it is! I would not recommend this as a moisturizer if you have dry skin for normal skin types yes sure! But as a primer over moisturizer on dry skin this is great at least for me, this makes my foundation go on flawless. Would repurchase even if I find it somewhat on the expensive side!

on 7/7/2018 7:59:00 AM

I am done product sampling as I have finally found the perfect primer for my dry skin! I am 47 and this primer combined with my moisturizer & foundation (all Lancôme Regenerist) all I can say is WOW! My skin looks amazing at the end and lasts all day! Fine lines are plumped and blurred out and skin feels so nicely hydrated and not greasy!

on 5/13/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have dry skin, and found this to do a very poor job at either moisturising or priming. I would not repurchase. Their now discontinued blue Hydrating Primer was excellent, this is a dreadful replacement. At least it's unscented, but dry skinned users should absolutely obtain a sample prior to purchase.

on 4/26/2018 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is touted as a moisturizer and primer in 1 product. I find that I did enjoy the texture of this product. I did use it instead of my go to moisturizer (right now that Clinque moisture surge) and my primer (I tend to use smashbox photofinish, becca backlight, or benefit professional pending on what foundation). I currently have a small patch of eczema, so it didn't completely hydrate and smooth that area, however the rest of my face felt well hydrated. It didn't cause me any breakout or redness. All my liquid foundations (avoiding powder in general at this time) applied well. Didn't cause any separation by midday.

I may just use this in the summer months, when I don't need a more hydrating moisturizer. Wish they would consider a formula with some sunscreen.

Would recommend for oily to normal skin types. Those with a more dry skin type with visible dry patches may need to layer a moisturizer prior this product.

on 4/18/2018 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

So far so good. I have very dry 54 year old skin and didn't think I would like it because it is so thin and almost more like a serum. I was surprised that it did the job of moisturizing my skin enough and priming it well for my BB cream. I have to use 2 pumps so it probably won't last that long however.