Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Triethylhexyl Trimellitate, Polysilicone-11, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydroxystearic Acid, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Nylon-12, C30-45 Olefin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton), Silica.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I sampled this product in-store at Sephora, and at first I was skeptical because I applied it to the top of my hand, and it never absorbed into my skin, it just stayed on the surface, keeping a wet appearance. I figured, I don't wear foundation on my hand, so it would be better to try it out on my face, and wow, this product delivers (I think was wearing hand lotion which is why it didn't absorb). Once my face is washed, this is the only product that I use for my powder foundation. I go back and forth with using liquid or powder foundation, and at this time I'm in love with the Bare Minerals Pro Powder Foundation, and this primer works really well with it, much better than the Bare Minerals primer. It's currently winter where I live, and the air is super dry and freezing, and this product makes my skin look hydrated - a definite plus. I've hesitated buying the full size bottle since it costs $42! but now Sephora has a smaller size for $15, and now I can justify the purchase. I might have to switch to another primer once it's warm out because I think it might be to heavy then but I'll wait to see. Otherwise, great product, cuts down on wearing several products on my face, and no smell.

I am very skeptical about this product. For one, the price tag is so steep that I could not justify paying a moisturizer and a primer for $ 50.00 CAD and to me this product was just so gimmicky. But since I have a gift card that I can use, I gave this one a try and O.M.G. it's the BOMB.COM!

For one, I have a combination to dry skin and my nose is like a pool of grease no matter which primer I use. But this primer manages to create a perfect canvas for my make up. Mind you, this is not a smoothing primer so I always use an additional primer on areas where I have a lot of texture. But this is truly an amazing product.

If you are skeptical about this, I suggest getting a sample from Sephora and see how it goes. I use two pumps and it is enough to cover my whole face.I have used both Revlon Colorstay and Clinique Even Better Foundation on top of this and my skin looked so smooth and it truly makes my makeup lasts the whole 12 hours!

This will definitely a staple for me.

on 11/2/2017 8:09:00 PM

Tried some samples of this from Sephora, and I really like it. I'm 48 and it smoothed my fine lines and pores, and made my foundation (It cosmetics Your Skin But Better) last well. My skin didn't look dewy, just not quite matte. Also seemed to keep my nose from getting super oily. I tried the regular photo finish primer as well but found it made my fine lines under my eyes look dry. Too bad this is so pricey, but I might just have to buy it.

on 9/9/2017 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff is great! I went to Sephora to pick up my beloved Smashbox hydrating primer (the blue one) but alas - discontinued! So I left with this and so glad I did. I actually like it even better. It's a watery consistency but my skin drinks it up. What's even better is though its nicely moisturizing, it holds my foundation on like glue. It's almost impossible to get both with a product. I use this under my Tom Ford stick foundation and get a nice dewy finish that lasts.

I can't recommend this enough for those out there that need a good moisturizing primer.

I've been using this for 2 weeks now. I must say, i really like it! I want to see how this would work with the bareminerals since it can get to be a lil dry. I'll let you know when i do!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Soooooo good! I use this on days I'm not wearing makeup by itself and get a beautiful, soft finish. I use this with the Smashbox Primer Water on top before foundation and my makeup goes on so smooth and lasts all day-never gets greasy! I have very oily, acne and redness-prone sensitive skin and this has never given me any issues. It does have a super thin, watery consistency so using a thick cream at night to balance out the oils in your skin is a must. Using two lightweight moisturizers day AND night will rob your skin of the clean hydration you need and your skin will definitely over produce oil with this. Holy Grail status, will absolutely repurchase.

This new product is quite simply amazing! I've been looking for a primer that is both hydrating, help extend wear time of my makeup, and will not pill on top of my serum, moisturizer, sunblock, and BB cream. This is it! I think those with dry skin, like myself, will love it and possibly even those with normal or oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I started using this product about a week and a half ago in place of my moisturizer and I LOVE it. For a bit of background, I have oily/combo/dehydrated/sensitive skin.

In the past year, my skin has been extremely sensitive due to acne fighting ingredients - in the past few months, however, it's gotten a lot better. I was interested in this primer/moisturizer mix since it's summer and my Cetaphil moisturizer was much too heavy to wear during the day time. I like that this product has both hyaluronic acid and niacinamide for my acne scarring/dehydration issues. If you have extremely dry skin and want to use this solely as a moisturizer, I would NOT recommend this for you. This gives me *just enough* moisture on my oily skin.

For those who do have a similar skin type or don't mind layering it on top of their existing skincare, I've gotten several compliments when using this primer. I've had 3 people tell me my skin looks smooth and healthy, and one that's said my skin looked plump. My face doesn't get overly oily during the day with this primer and it looks healthy and maintains a fresh, healthy glow.

By no means does it fill in pores or mattify - it doesn't claim to. But it is lightweight, it does make my makeup look flawless, it does keep my skin hydrated, and it does make my makeup look a little bit nicer each day. For the price tag, I'm sure you could find a gel/water based moisturizer for a lesser price, but I will repurchase this to use even in the winter to layer when my skin is feeling a bit drier.