L'Oreal Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Metallics

L'Oreal Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Metallics

3.3

on 2/19/2018 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in rose chrome, a pretty warm pink with gold shimmer, complex and almost a duo chrome look. I saw it on the "Musings of a Muse" website and was intrigued. I'm usually a one-and-done eye shadow person and this certainly works for that. It has a sheen and shimmer to it, but fortunately I don't find it to be too frosty/glittery.

I don't like the packaging that much. Kind of clunky for that small amount of eye shadow. I also agree with the reviewer below, I think this was way too expensive for a single eye shadow. Over $9 in NYC. Though I like my purchase and will be keeping it, I would in theory purchase this again, but only on a sale.

on 8/24/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I am a sucker for violet eyeshadows. Violet Lustre. Anything to make the green in my hazel eyes pop. Well, this pretty eyeshadow is very metallic, borderline frosty and tiny microglitter that has a bit of fall out. Not a glitterfest, but enough to know that I only highlight my brow bone so I don't have glitter on my face. Mine is not hard and I use a very light hand with my brush. You will need a primer with this or it will fade in a couple of hours. Yes, it is expensive for what it is, but I had a coupon and Walgreens was having a sale. I guess you can use this as an all over highlighter, but it would be a blinding, strobe light kind which I don't do or like. I like subtle.

Update 9/2/17. Well, I returned this. I gave it the old college try, it was just too much frost and too metallic for my old eyes. Made them crepey and the glitter particles are just too much for me. The search continues...

on 7/25/2017 5:16:00 PM

Meh. I got this on Saturday in the shade "Rose chrome" because I saw a youtuber saw it was a really pretty peachy color and she even used it as a highlighter. I've been in the market for a peach highlighter and actually picked up Laura Geller peach glow highlighter the same day. I looked at both and noticed they looked similar but wanted to try both, especially since this is marketed as an eyeshadow and not a highlighter. I don't like this. For starters, $9 for a single shadow? Damn, some drugstore stuff is getting up there in price these days. At least this brand you can use coupons on at Ulta. Secondly, this product is hard. I expected it to be soft and maybe creamy but it's hard. I used a stiff brush and had to kind of dig it against the product to pick anything up. It's sheer. It's a light peachy pinky rose gold color. I'm sure you could wet your brush and make it more intense, but I don't want the extra work. I didn't really like it as a highlight, either. It reminded me a bit of the LG peach glow, pinky and light, which isn't what I was going for. This is pretty as a sheer wash but honestly, i'd rather have my money back instead of keep this in my collection. I can find something better/cheaper or I already might even have something. I know I have a rose gold pigment from WNW, it may look similar if I sheer it out. Oh well, i'm glad I tried it but it goes back tomorrow. There is a taupe color I think and I MIGHT try it in the future but i'm not positive.

Top Rated Eye Shadow