Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

4.1

on 5/16/2008 10:30:00 AM

I never knew Origins made a liquid blush - why didnt someone tell me earlier!!!! I love liquid blushes and own a few of them, but Origins is my favourite so far. Benetint is far too watery and goes everywhere before you get to blend it properly, i loved MAC's See Thru Cheek Tint but it was too sheer and needed alot of effort to build up. This one is perfect. Its consistency also holds up very well and is gel-like, which makes it easy to blend before it sets. Also very pigmented, but not to the point of fake-opaque/clowncheeks, and its true what they say, it really does last all day. I put it on at 10am this morning and now its 10.28pm, im still flushing.

My color is Coralberry, which is a cute warm pink, which looks youthful and healthy, and good for some days. But Id really like to try Brown berry as i love a more warm red cheek. I swatched Raspberry onto the back of my hand and its lovely as well... a vivid cool pink-red.

Strangely i dont have a problem with blending or streaks, nor with the metal tube. You can't say that im a liquid blush expert because ive had hits and misses with the abovementioned products, so it must really mean Pinch Your Cheeks is quite easy to handle. As for getting stained fingers, sorry i dont really care for it. I just use a makeup wipe to clean it up and that's it. If im wearing crappy blush everyones going to notice but if i wear a fantastic blush and get a pinky finger, theyre going to notice the nice flush and not the pinky finger.

/// EDIT: OH MY.. this has become my HG. i never ever make a mistake with this liquid blush.. unlike others which were very hit and miss.. somedays good other days awful. Can someone please point me to a place where i can buy it online? my problem is that the BROWN BERRY shade is no longer being sold in Singapore. Is it being discontinued ?

on 2/28/2008 12:25:00 PM

My aunt gave this to me so I don't know what the real price is but this is THE best blush I've ever used. Sure, it dries up pretty fast but it really surprised me when I applied it the first time. I was expecting it to appear really red on my cheeks but, instead, I had this very natural and healthy-looking flush. I actually shelved my powder blush and will continue to use this until it's finished.

on 11/11/2006 10:02:00 AM

Origins Pinch ur cheeks brownberry and raspberry..This is the best blush that i ever use.. U can actually apply it on a sponge first before ur foundation. Juz blend it with the sponge after that apply pressed powder and it will give u the best natural blush ever.. Will nv change any blush. Plus its very affordable too juz S$21 and it can last u more than 3 months i suppose.. Muz try!!! And right now i'm stocking up for that. LOL

The packaging is cute, and I adore it. Yet the gel ooze out everytime I unscrew the cap. The problem's worst in summer time, maybe out of the temperature. I had not liked this at first, because this is really hard to handle when your skin is not really well moisturized. But it looks sooo good on my cheeks when a very tiny bit is applied. It lasts all day... the only thing I complain about is the packaging and it really STAINS my fingers. I'm a MMM, with dark eyes and hair.

on 1/31/2005 11:16:00 AM

Hate the staining power. Hate that it stain my fingers so badly and how quickly it dries up. It makes my cheeks look flushed terribly. People thought I was drunk whenever I use it, even though I applied just a little bit of it.

on 12/17/2004 12:47:00 AM

perfect natural color for me, but the staying power is not so great, though

still love it after all these years

on 10/5/2004 4:17:00 PM

perfect natural color for me, but the staying power is not so great, though

still love it after all these years

on 4/26/2004 3:24:00 AM

For me, Origins Pinch Your Cheeks does exactly that -- it gives my cheeks a natural, flushed look that's nearly identical to the one I get from blushing or exercise. The natural look and the fact that it stays on the whole day are what I love about this gel blush.

I think a lot of dissatisfaction that people have with this blush can be eased by proper application. Firstly, applying moisturizer before putting on this blush helps a great, great deal. It WILL come out uneven if you try to apply it to dry cheeks and it's so much easier to blend it into moisturized skin. If you want a matte look, just pat on some powder afterwards. Secondly, once you twist open the cover, you don't really need to squeeze the tube anymore. Some product will usually come out and that's enough for your use. If nothing comes out, just squeeze the end of the tube very lightly. The exception to this is the first time you open the tube, and I don't think it can be helped that too much product will come out. But after that it ought to be ok.

It's a bit pricey, but then the tiny tube lasts me the more than a year (a little goes a long way) so it's alright.

(Fortunately for me, we have a local brand here called Bench that makes a great liquid blush at 1/6th the price, so as long as I can buy that, I'm not getting any more tubes of Pinch Your Cheeks.)

All of that said, I think that gel blushes are not for everybody and this review is just meant to help out those who use them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought it since my dance-mate swears by it. I got tempted. Found the price expensive for a small tube but realise it is a product that i can use like "forever" despite the fact i am probably using it everyday except sundays end exam times. A little does comes a long way and it is so long-lasting! I have oily and acne-prone skin but voila! My deep pores got smaller after a month and the areas i applied hasn't had breakouts for months since i bought it. It gives the effect of a flushed look but i think it is hard to blend. One needs a moisturizer to set the base for easy blending. And moreover, its better to apply before foundation. It looks better, stays longer and doesn't cakes up.

on 11/18/2002 12:02:00 PM

sighhh. first time i used it, squeezed out way too much and wasted a whole lot of it. subsequently, try as i might, just couldn't seem to make it work for me. stained the fingers really bad and honestly, i couldn't see any change at all... owell. :)