Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.2

on 8/11/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I didn't really care for this product until I used it with a stippling brush - that made all the difference. I apply a pin dot size amount of Pinch Your Cheeks gel stain directly from the tube onto the apple of my cheek and blend using a stippling motion. I use this blush over my primer before my foundation to create a very natural "lit from within" glow. My only issue is the packaging. You have to be very careful not to apply too much pressure on the tube when it is new, otherwise you will get too much product.

on 1/20/2010 2:55:00 PM

As cheek stains go, this one has a lot going for it. Great colors, no fragrance, water based (so it's not at all oily or thick), and convenient packaging. My only dig would be the staying power. It does seem to fade by the end of the day yet oddly, when I first apply it, the formula creates a lasting stain on my fingers. To prevent the same thing on my cheeks, I wet my fingers as I apply. I don't have that problem with Benifit. In fact, if Origins could water down their formula and package it like Benifit, I would be one very happy girl.

on 12/21/2008 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fairly good cheek stain. I have this in Brownberry, exactly like the name is the color, and its perfect for my skin tone. The only problem, as with many stains, is that you get literally two seconds to blend this out. I would sometimes mess up and get a dot of product that would set, then I'd have to get makeup remover and start all over just to get the color dot out. I am just not good with cheek stains so I won't buy this again.

This is nice and natural looking. The color choices are rather limited but in all fairness, how many "flush/blush" shades can one have. It blends effortlessly as long as you have a fdn, moisturizer or tinted moist., Do not try this on bare skin as the product will settle into those fine little pores that only the luckiest of us all do not have.

on 11/12/2008 8:45:00 AM

gosh it wasnt until i started adding my reviews on origins products that i realised how few of the range lived up to my expectations!and yet i kept going back for more!a true product junkie!!!
anyway,back to the topic....i didnt like this one....i much prefer benetint.i didnt like the gel texture and i dont think it spread as well as some other brands.

I bought this quite a while back when i read about it online. I think it was actually my first cheek stain because i'm very used to powder blushes. But this didn't do it for me. As lovely as the colour is, i have to blend it out really quickly if not one spot will look much darker than the other. Also, i did have trouble at times with this stain as it made my face look too red (i'm on the fair side).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product for my oily, acne prone, DDD skin. This is the best stain I've tried. Yep - sure is. You just take a dab of color and put it right on the apple of your cheeks. Work fast though - cause this stuff sets like a few seconds. Once it goes on it stays on all day and will not need to be reapplied. Most importantly, it looks very natural and doesn't make me feel like I ran though a clown store for blush advice.

I like this ,it looks natural but it does stain your fingers and you have to blend it fast .

This didn't appear very natural on my skin. It can be a bit difficult to control the amount that comes out of the metal tube, what with my superwoman grip. Meh.

i got this stain in a gift set. i really love the shade of the cheek stain (raspberry) it makes me feel/look fresh.

the only problem i am having is that i have dry skin and if i put it on my dry skin even after applying tinted moisturizer it splotches and looks like a random red dot on my face.

some other reviews says to mix it in w/ reg. moisturizer so maybe i'll try that.

but alone if left w/ the product alone to blend it would be a NIGHTMARE!