ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

3.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of Origins Pinch Your Cheeks - Coralberry to qualify for some free shipping and was amazed at how well I liked the product. I was skeptical of a cheek stain as I'd never used one before but it really does give me a much more natural looking glow to my cheeks than power blush. I never use my old powder blushes anymore, they seem so flat in comparison.
I have not had any trouble with the packaging or staining of my fingers like others have mentioned. I apply the stain to my cheeks, blend it in and them wash my hands when I finished.

on 11/29/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love the shade and consistency of this product but the packaging is driving me nuts. I picked this out in brownberry, which is likely the best shade of anything for my coloring (truly a browned cranberry). I prefer this shade over all of the MAC, BB, and Tarte cream/gel blushes I've tried. This is backup worthy times infinity, *however* the metal tube does not even distribute product and with the first squeeze a huge airbubble came out, leaving me with virtually no product remaining in my tube, not sure if it's a defect or what. Also, when some product did come out it was a large glob, so I had to (with one hand) rinse out an old samply jar with rubbing alcohol and place the unused glob in it, hoping it won't dry out till I get to use it. I cannot see how this can be regulated. Also, the tiniest amount for a relatively high price tag. I don't mind paying my $30 for my tarte cheek stains which will last you the rest of your life, unfortunately this little metal tube looks like I may get a month out of it at best. Sad face. I would certainly repurchase but only because the shade is so perfect.

on 12/21/2008 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fairly good cheek stain. I have this in Brownberry, exactly like the name is the color, and its perfect for my skin tone. The only problem, as with many stains, is that you get literally two seconds to blend this out. I would sometimes mess up and get a dot of product that would set, then I'd have to get makeup remover and start all over just to get the color dot out. I am just not good with cheek stains so I won't buy this again.

on 11/12/2008 8:45:00 AM

gosh it wasnt until i started adding my reviews on origins products that i realised how few of the range lived up to my expectations!and yet i kept going back for more!a true product junkie!!!
anyway,back to the topic....i didnt like this one....i much prefer benetint.i didnt like the gel texture and i dont think it spread as well as some other brands.

i got this stain in a gift set. i really love the shade of the cheek stain (raspberry) it makes me feel/look fresh.

the only problem i am having is that i have dry skin and if i put it on my dry skin even after applying tinted moisturizer it splotches and looks like a random red dot on my face.

some other reviews says to mix it in w/ reg. moisturizer so maybe i'll try that.

but alone if left w/ the product alone to blend it would be a NIGHTMARE!

on 10/17/2006 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't like too much about this. First of all, whenever I took the cap off, the product would start oozing out on it's own (even if I didn't squeeze it). Second, you have to work quickly to blend it- no play time. Third, it stains my fingers like crazy. And last, the color selection is poor, & the results are very average. I much prefer Smashbox Skintints to this (great product!)

on 5/12/2006 9:37:00 PM

I have been using Pinch Your Cheeks for about a year now, in Coralberry and Raspberry. People have done a pretty good job elaborating the crappy aspects of this product, the packaging (squirts way too much out until a lot of the product is gone) and it *can* be hard to blend. However, people have also agreed that once you learn to blend it (quickly, and be sure to always moisturize), this is a great product in which the positives definitely outweigh the negative! The colors are pretty neutral so I think they'd work on a variety of skintones. What I think is fantastic is that it really versatile: by itself it creates a "flushed" effect for the daytime, and looks well when blended with bronzers/highlighters for night. Cheap (like, $10) and it lasts forever- I doubt I'll have to buy new tubes for at least a few more months...

on 9/5/2005 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nothing great. If you're not careful, the red can be too dark and you end up with clownish cheeks. Body Shop's works much better has better packaging. Pretty expensive for a small tube. Didn't like that the metallic tube was difficult to use and stops you from using as much of the product as possible.

on 8/26/2005 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This did not blend very well on me and just left a red stain on my cheeks. I couldn't wait to get home and wash this stuff off after trying it. It makes me never want to try a cream blush again.

Great product. Color lasts all day for me - I have combo/oily skin, but if you are moisturized right, it will go on smoothly and give a nice, versatile all-day color. But, blend quickly and wash your hands quickly or it will stain -- that's what makes it last!

Popular Blush Products