Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.7

on 8/11/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I didn't really care for this product until I used it with a stippling brush - that made all the difference. I apply a pin dot size amount of Pinch Your Cheeks gel stain directly from the tube onto the apple of my cheek and blend using a stippling motion. I use this blush over my primer before my foundation to create a very natural "lit from within" glow. My only issue is the packaging. You have to be very careful not to apply too much pressure on the tube when it is new, otherwise you will get too much product.

This is nice and natural looking. The color choices are rather limited but in all fairness, how many "flush/blush" shades can one have. It blends effortlessly as long as you have a fdn, moisturizer or tinted moist., Do not try this on bare skin as the product will settle into those fine little pores that only the luckiest of us all do not have.

on 5/16/2008 10:30:00 AM

I never knew Origins made a liquid blush - why didnt someone tell me earlier!!!! I love liquid blushes and own a few of them, but Origins is my favourite so far. Benetint is far too watery and goes everywhere before you get to blend it properly, i loved MAC's See Thru Cheek Tint but it was too sheer and needed alot of effort to build up. This one is perfect. Its consistency also holds up very well and is gel-like, which makes it easy to blend before it sets. Also very pigmented, but not to the point of fake-opaque/clowncheeks, and its true what they say, it really does last all day. I put it on at 10am this morning and now its 10.28pm, im still flushing.

My color is Coralberry, which is a cute warm pink, which looks youthful and healthy, and good for some days. But Id really like to try Brown berry as i love a more warm red cheek. I swatched Raspberry onto the back of my hand and its lovely as well... a vivid cool pink-red.

Strangely i dont have a problem with blending or streaks, nor with the metal tube. You can't say that im a liquid blush expert because ive had hits and misses with the abovementioned products, so it must really mean Pinch Your Cheeks is quite easy to handle. As for getting stained fingers, sorry i dont really care for it. I just use a makeup wipe to clean it up and that's it. If im wearing crappy blush everyones going to notice but if i wear a fantastic blush and get a pinky finger, theyre going to notice the nice flush and not the pinky finger.

/// EDIT: OH MY.. this has become my HG. i never ever make a mistake with this liquid blush.. unlike others which were very hit and miss.. somedays good other days awful. Can someone please point me to a place where i can buy it online? my problem is that the BROWN BERRY shade is no longer being sold in Singapore. Is it being discontinued ?

on 2/28/2008 12:25:00 PM

My aunt gave this to me so I don't know what the real price is but this is THE best blush I've ever used. Sure, it dries up pretty fast but it really surprised me when I applied it the first time. I was expecting it to appear really red on my cheeks but, instead, I had this very natural and healthy-looking flush. I actually shelved my powder blush and will continue to use this until it's finished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this blush forever! I have tried a million different blushes and I always come back to this one.You can get around the splotchiness by mixing it with a tic tac sized drop of moistrizer, goes on beautifully! I also love it as a lip stain- great color. I apply it with a lip brush or a Qtip to ensure evenness!

on 1/29/2005 1:07:00 PM

UPDATE: I used to love this stuff...until I found SAR's Inner Glow blushes. So much easier to apply and so much more natural and glowy looking. Definitely won't buy this again

I love this stuff. I use it in the summer during the day when I'm kickin it at the beach or don't feel like putting on much makeup but don't want to look like the dead. I agree that blending can be a problem if your skin is dry or tight from being freshly washed. I put it on over a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. Totally natural looking and lasts all day.

on 1/13/2005 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This left a very nice flushed look on my cheeks. The colour lasted well, but not brilliantly. The packaging wasn't great, it was hard not to squeeze too much out of the tube, so was easy to waste. However I thought it was simple to apply and all in all was a good product. If you like Gel blushers, try Pixi, which I really love!

on 9/28/2004 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I tried this at the Origins counter, I loved it...However, when I received it in a swap it didn't look as good as I was hoping. Maybe the lights make it look better...The tube is tiny, and although a little goes a little way the smallness of it is totally obnoxious. But anyways, I'm not too impressed, and I already swapped away my Clinique Black Honey Gel Blush. Oh well! I am totally addicted to Origins Brush on Color now!

on 4/16/2003 5:36:00 PM

My mother loved this stuff, and she's also a big fan of Benetint. This being cheaper, I decided to give it a try. First, I could never master getting the right amount out of the tube, always ended up with red goo all over the place. Second, I have combination skin, and even with super-moisterizer on my cheeks, the tint seemed to "stick" there a lot more...not natural at all. First and last foray into liquid blushes.

on 3/5/2003 7:03:00 AM

I like it cause it's little, although it tends to leak. The intense color doesn't bother me. I think it's romantic and I put it on my lips, too.