Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.8

on 11/29/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love the shade and consistency of this product but the packaging is driving me nuts. I picked this out in brownberry, which is likely the best shade of anything for my coloring (truly a browned cranberry). I prefer this shade over all of the MAC, BB, and Tarte cream/gel blushes I've tried. This is backup worthy times infinity, *however* the metal tube does not even distribute product and with the first squeeze a huge airbubble came out, leaving me with virtually no product remaining in my tube, not sure if it's a defect or what. Also, when some product did come out it was a large glob, so I had to (with one hand) rinse out an old samply jar with rubbing alcohol and place the unused glob in it, hoping it won't dry out till I get to use it. I cannot see how this can be regulated. Also, the tiniest amount for a relatively high price tag. I don't mind paying my $30 for my tarte cheek stains which will last you the rest of your life, unfortunately this little metal tube looks like I may get a month out of it at best. Sad face. I would certainly repurchase but only because the shade is so perfect.

on 1/20/2010 2:55:00 PM

As cheek stains go, this one has a lot going for it. Great colors, no fragrance, water based (so it's not at all oily or thick), and convenient packaging. My only dig would be the staying power. It does seem to fade by the end of the day yet oddly, when I first apply it, the formula creates a lasting stain on my fingers. To prevent the same thing on my cheeks, I wet my fingers as I apply. I don't have that problem with Benifit. In fact, if Origins could water down their formula and package it like Benifit, I would be one very happy girl.

I bought this quite a while back when i read about it online. I think it was actually my first cheek stain because i'm very used to powder blushes. But this didn't do it for me. As lovely as the colour is, i have to blend it out really quickly if not one spot will look much darker than the other. Also, i did have trouble at times with this stain as it made my face look too red (i'm on the fair side).

on 2/6/2007 2:19:00 PM

Maybe it's because I'm so pale that I always feel like I have to over-compensate with brighter blusher. I just tried the Origins Pinch Your Cheeks for the first time - in Raspberry - and I actually like it (minus the fact that it turns my fingers Raspberry). It's a subtle, glowy, rosiness that makes me look healthy without looking clown-y. The only thing I don't like about it is, again, the staining, but also that it gets a little bit gooey if I leave it open for a minute or so.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I dont have many cheek stains to compare this too but i really like it. You do have to work on your blending skills to make sure it is blended properly but after a few goes it is really easy to do. It comes out as a lovely flush for me, perfect for the winter or used layered while i am tanned so i dont have to go and buy lots of different blushes for the summer months.