Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.6

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous blush that literally "stains" your skin, giving you a natural glow that no powder blush I've ever tried could ever come close to. I've used the original raspberry, (a gorgeous color), and recently switched to Coralberry which better compliments my warm skin tones and red hair.

Drawbacks to this blush are that:

1) They stain your fingers. For hours.
2) If you have even the smallest blemish on your cheeks, it will attract the blush leaving you with very noticeable spots of color.

If pink fingers don't bother you and your zits tend to stick to your t-zone, then you'll most likely love this stuff.

on 12/21/2008 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fairly good cheek stain. I have this in Brownberry, exactly like the name is the color, and its perfect for my skin tone. The only problem, as with many stains, is that you get literally two seconds to blend this out. I would sometimes mess up and get a dot of product that would set, then I'd have to get makeup remover and start all over just to get the color dot out. I am just not good with cheek stains so I won't buy this again.

on 11/12/2008 8:45:00 AM

gosh it wasnt until i started adding my reviews on origins products that i realised how few of the range lived up to my expectations!and yet i kept going back for more!a true product junkie!!!
anyway,back to the topic....i didnt like this one....i much prefer benetint.i didnt like the gel texture and i dont think it spread as well as some other brands.

on 5/16/2008 10:30:00 AM

I never knew Origins made a liquid blush - why didnt someone tell me earlier!!!! I love liquid blushes and own a few of them, but Origins is my favourite so far. Benetint is far too watery and goes everywhere before you get to blend it properly, i loved MAC's See Thru Cheek Tint but it was too sheer and needed alot of effort to build up. This one is perfect. Its consistency also holds up very well and is gel-like, which makes it easy to blend before it sets. Also very pigmented, but not to the point of fake-opaque/clowncheeks, and its true what they say, it really does last all day. I put it on at 10am this morning and now its 10.28pm, im still flushing.

My color is Coralberry, which is a cute warm pink, which looks youthful and healthy, and good for some days. But Id really like to try Brown berry as i love a more warm red cheek. I swatched Raspberry onto the back of my hand and its lovely as well... a vivid cool pink-red.

Strangely i dont have a problem with blending or streaks, nor with the metal tube. You can't say that im a liquid blush expert because ive had hits and misses with the abovementioned products, so it must really mean Pinch Your Cheeks is quite easy to handle. As for getting stained fingers, sorry i dont really care for it. I just use a makeup wipe to clean it up and that's it. If im wearing crappy blush everyones going to notice but if i wear a fantastic blush and get a pinky finger, theyre going to notice the nice flush and not the pinky finger.

/// EDIT: OH MY.. this has become my HG. i never ever make a mistake with this liquid blush.. unlike others which were very hit and miss.. somedays good other days awful. Can someone please point me to a place where i can buy it online? my problem is that the BROWN BERRY shade is no longer being sold in Singapore. Is it being discontinued ?

This didn't appear very natural on my skin. It can be a bit difficult to control the amount that comes out of the metal tube, what with my superwoman grip. Meh.

i got this stain in a gift set. i really love the shade of the cheek stain (raspberry) it makes me feel/look fresh.

the only problem i am having is that i have dry skin and if i put it on my dry skin even after applying tinted moisturizer it splotches and looks like a random red dot on my face.

some other reviews says to mix it in w/ reg. moisturizer so maybe i'll try that.

but alone if left w/ the product alone to blend it would be a NIGHTMARE!

on 2/28/2008 12:25:00 PM

My aunt gave this to me so I don't know what the real price is but this is THE best blush I've ever used. Sure, it dries up pretty fast but it really surprised me when I applied it the first time. I was expecting it to appear really red on my cheeks but, instead, I had this very natural and healthy-looking flush. I actually shelved my powder blush and will continue to use this until it's finished.

on 9/12/2007 3:49:00 AM

Just got this, usually use Me Me Me Pussy cat or The Body shop but wanted something a little longer lasting and this definitely meets that criteria! The colour is brilliant and it's not that hard to blend, you just have to be quick and it sits & glides very well on foundation but the packaging is a big downside. It just keeps coming out after the tiniest amount of pressure and you have to be quick to get it on your face and get the cap back on the tube. I'd pay more for a better dispenser. All in all though it's probably the best blush I've used and will probably end up being the best value despite it's high cost.

i got it in raspberry and it is a nice shade of pink; gives a rather healthy pinkish look which suits my fair skin. BUT...when applied to areas where there are pimples/bumps, it looks totally uneven. it will be more pinkish around the area where there are pimples. and i swear the pimples on my cheeks are tiny and few. that goes to show what you can expect from this product. nobody would ever want to make their pimples even redder.

on 12/19/2006 2:03:00 AM

i buy this blush again and again. great staying powder. looks natural. reasonable price. the only drawback is the ridiculous tube, wastes a lot of the product. i would recommend this if you are into cheek/lip stains. i use coralberry.