ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this gel blush forever! I love it. Pinch Your Cheeks gives a super long-lasting pinkish raspberry stain to your skin. It makes you look healthy and glowing, not made up. You don't really see blush, it just looks like you went for a jog and your cheeks are flushed. Also, if you have acne-prone skin, this will not irritate it because it's water-based. Fantastic product!

on 1/20/2010 2:55:00 PM

As cheek stains go, this one has a lot going for it. Great colors, no fragrance, water based (so it's not at all oily or thick), and convenient packaging. My only dig would be the staying power. It does seem to fade by the end of the day yet oddly, when I first apply it, the formula creates a lasting stain on my fingers. To prevent the same thing on my cheeks, I wet my fingers as I apply. I don't have that problem with Benifit. In fact, if Origins could water down their formula and package it like Benifit, I would be one very happy girl.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous blush that literally "stains" your skin, giving you a natural glow that no powder blush I've ever tried could ever come close to. I've used the original raspberry, (a gorgeous color), and recently switched to Coralberry which better compliments my warm skin tones and red hair.

Drawbacks to this blush are that:

1) They stain your fingers. For hours.
2) If you have even the smallest blemish on your cheeks, it will attract the blush leaving you with very noticeable spots of color.

If pink fingers don't bother you and your zits tend to stick to your t-zone, then you'll most likely love this stuff.

As my first cheek stain, this took some getting used to, but I am SO glad I put in the practice!

I use this in coralberry - the shade is a perfect match for my skin tone. I love that PYC never settles into my pores like most other blushes do (as long as I put it on AFTER moiturizer, that is) and I love that I can control how subtle or bold my cheek color is just by layering this stuff.

I have a had a tube now for about 4 months and use it regularly (at least a few times a week) and have barely made a dent in it so I would also say this is a great value.

My HG of cheek color. Yay!

I bought this quite a while back when i read about it online. I think it was actually my first cheek stain because i'm very used to powder blushes. But this didn't do it for me. As lovely as the colour is, i have to blend it out really quickly if not one spot will look much darker than the other. Also, i did have trouble at times with this stain as it made my face look too red (i'm on the fair side).

I like this ,it looks natural but it does stain your fingers and you have to blend it fast .

on 1/7/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Iíve recently rediscovered this product, and Iím obsessed with it. I use it as a cheek & lip stain. I have all the colors- Raspberry (berry-pink), Brownberry (brownish-red, similar to Clinique Black Honey) and Coralberry (bright peachy-red). Iíve come to appreciate the metal tube (even though it oozes product at first and is easily dented) because itís simple and lacks the excess plastic packaging of so many other products. The product itself is extremely concentrated, and it ends up being a good value (even though $10 for a tiny tube seems a bit steep at first). I apply a drop to my fingertip and blend quickly onto each cheek. I always apply overtop moisturizer or dewy foundation (lately Iíve been mixing a drop with Patricia Wexler MMPI Serum which makes it more blendable, and my cheeks positively glow!) It will stain my fingertip, but fades within an hour or two. It looks like my cheeks are naturally blushing, and it lasts all day. Applied directly to my lips, this always looked blotchy and uneven, until I discovered mixing it with lip balm (I like C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm, since the texture is thin, it mixes well). I mix equal parts in a little pot with a lip brush and apply it in thin layers to my lips, until I get the desired intensity. I will sometimes mix the shades, to further customize the color. The staying power is excellent (4-5 hours) and Iíll just top it with some gloss/balm if my lips start to feel dry. All in all, this is an excellent, versatile product. It just takes some experimentation.

on 2/6/2007 2:19:00 PM

Maybe it's because I'm so pale that I always feel like I have to over-compensate with brighter blusher. I just tried the Origins Pinch Your Cheeks for the first time - in Raspberry - and I actually like it (minus the fact that it turns my fingers Raspberry). It's a subtle, glowy, rosiness that makes me look healthy without looking clown-y. The only thing I don't like about it is, again, the staining, but also that it gets a little bit gooey if I leave it open for a minute or so.

It is annoying the way the tube always oozes when you want to just squeeze out a tiny amount but it would have to be one of the most natural cheek tints i have ever used, it gives a really beautifull pink tinge to my cheeks. Despite the oozing and the staining of the fingers I love this. As I only apply a very small amount it last for ever.

on 11/7/2006 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is pretty good. It's not great. Mainly, the packaging is pretty awful. Reminds me of BeneTint (which I dropped and broke!)-icky. The tip is simply too narrow, so it comes out in streaks or spots, and it oozes while you're not looking as well as staining everything around, especially your fingers. The color was pretty though, and it did last.

Popular Blush Products