Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.1

on 9/12/2007 3:49:00 AM

Just got this, usually use Me Me Me Pussy cat or The Body shop but wanted something a little longer lasting and this definitely meets that criteria! The colour is brilliant and it's not that hard to blend, you just have to be quick and it sits & glides very well on foundation but the packaging is a big downside. It just keeps coming out after the tiniest amount of pressure and you have to be quick to get it on your face and get the cap back on the tube. I'd pay more for a better dispenser. All in all though it's probably the best blush I've used and will probably end up being the best value despite it's high cost.

This has a nice tint and leaves my skin prettily flushed. I bought it because it was cheaper than Benetint; however it doesn't have Benetint's staying power. Difficult to control how much comes out of the metal tube. The tube has lasted well and it's more convenient for travel than Benetint but overall I don't plan to repurchase.

I don't usually like tints and expressed this when being sold on a gift set that included the product. However, the sales girl encouraged me to try it on. Upon doing so I realized that the reason tints have never worked for me before is that I wasn't applying them properly. She told me to apply a little to the tops of my cheeks, almost under my eyes but lower on the fleshy part. It gives a nice flush. Applying with fingers seems easier than applying with a brush like you do with some products (I know that you can brush it on your finger). The sales girl was right.

I've got the raspberry colour.

I don't know if I'd buy it again because I'm not into blush. I agree that sometimes too much comes out of the tube, but then I just apply it to my lips.

I feel like the product makes me look cute.
(Oh, the vanity that makeup produces.)

on 5/28/2005 1:32:00 AM

Ok, so the packaging design sucks. There's too much pressure in the tube which means that the product is constantly oozing out. I have to quick swipe some onto my fingertip and then slap on the cap before more oozes out.

HOWEVER, and this is a huge however (hence the all capitals), I have just returned to this product after about 7 years because I love the new color "Brownberry," which on me is the *perfect* sheer maroon, not too orangy, not too brown, not too blue. Right inbetween the original pinch-your-cheeks (Raspberry), Benetint, and Clinique Black Honey gel blush, another favorite of mine (until now!). Most importantly, this product lasts ALL DAY, and stains both my cheeks and lips perfectly. So well, that in the end, I don't mind the messy tube. A little bit of baking soda mixed with handsoap cleans the fingers. I'd definitely recommend this new color, and trying it on the lips. It's better than all the so-called lip-cheek stains out there (most of which are ok for lips or cheeks but not both) and I've tried all of them (longo, lorac, tarte, philosophy, delux, jouer, stila, gallerie noemie, lancome, etc).

on 10/24/2004 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can not smile through the day without this product! It is the ONLY natural flush I've ever found (compared to Benefit Benetint, it wins hands-down). I've been using it for about 4 years now, and although I use it every single day...I'm only on my 4th tube. A little pinch really does do ya (making its counter price a real steal)! I personally use it as a swipe of "faux sun" across my nose and forehead...and it makes me look like I got just a touch of sun the day before. My ONLY complaint is that the tube gets air bubbles in it, so it occasionally "burps" out a little more product than I wanted (and I don't like wasting my favorite gel). Otherwise, this is my HG item! To reference coloring, I have red hair with fair skin (but very few freckles) and green eyes. The color works perfectly on my skin.

on 2/24/2004 12:04:00 PM

I may buy this product again because its been so long since i tried it, and since im more of an expert in applying my makeup now, maybe i should give it another chance. however, this is really hard to apply because you have to blend it fast...over foundation it sort of streaks and looks a bit dirty. but the healthy glow you get IF its applied right is really pretty, sort of pinkish-red. very wintery color...

This did not go on smoothly (Nars colorwash is much better), the tube cracked and made a mess, and I really felt that I'd wasted my money.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I dont have many cheek stains to compare this too but i really like it. You do have to work on your blending skills to make sure it is blended properly but after a few goes it is really easy to do. It comes out as a lovely flush for me, perfect for the winter or used layered while i am tanned so i dont have to go and buy lots of different blushes for the summer months.

on 4/7/2003 1:04:00 PM

I admit, I was extremely eager to test Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks after I'd heard so much praise about it. Well, the color I achieve on my cheeks is similar to that I get with Benetint so there isn't hardly any difference in color. They say a little product goes a long way but unfortunately this doesn't apply for me because I have to use quite a lot of stuff to show up on me. Doing so, I come through a tube in less than two weeks! Considering that I get only little product for my money I will keep on buying Benetint which lasts almost ages.

on 3/2/2003 4:23:00 PM

I used to like this product until I tried Stila's convertible color. Now I changed my mind. This does give a nice natural flush type of tint, but you have to blend very fast and it's easy to apply too much and look like monkey's bottom! Stila's CC is much more sheer and blendable. I won't throw this out, but won't go and buy another one either.