ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

3.5

on 8/11/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I didn't really care for this product until I used it with a stippling brush - that made all the difference. I apply a pin dot size amount of Pinch Your Cheeks gel stain directly from the tube onto the apple of my cheek and blend using a stippling motion. I use this blush over my primer before my foundation to create a very natural "lit from within" glow. My only issue is the packaging. You have to be very careful not to apply too much pressure on the tube when it is new, otherwise you will get too much product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of Origins Pinch Your Cheeks - Coralberry to qualify for some free shipping and was amazed at how well I liked the product. I was skeptical of a cheek stain as I'd never used one before but it really does give me a much more natural looking glow to my cheeks than power blush. I never use my old powder blushes anymore, they seem so flat in comparison.
I have not had any trouble with the packaging or staining of my fingers like others have mentioned. I apply the stain to my cheeks, blend it in and them wash my hands when I finished.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this gel blush forever! I love it. Pinch Your Cheeks gives a super long-lasting pinkish raspberry stain to your skin. It makes you look healthy and glowing, not made up. You don't really see blush, it just looks like you went for a jog and your cheeks are flushed. Also, if you have acne-prone skin, this will not irritate it because it's water-based. Fantastic product!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous blush that literally "stains" your skin, giving you a natural glow that no powder blush I've ever tried could ever come close to. I've used the original raspberry, (a gorgeous color), and recently switched to Coralberry which better compliments my warm skin tones and red hair.

Drawbacks to this blush are that:

1) They stain your fingers. For hours.
2) If you have even the smallest blemish on your cheeks, it will attract the blush leaving you with very noticeable spots of color.

If pink fingers don't bother you and your zits tend to stick to your t-zone, then you'll most likely love this stuff.

As my first cheek stain, this took some getting used to, but I am SO glad I put in the practice!

I use this in coralberry - the shade is a perfect match for my skin tone. I love that PYC never settles into my pores like most other blushes do (as long as I put it on AFTER moiturizer, that is) and I love that I can control how subtle or bold my cheek color is just by layering this stuff.

I have a had a tube now for about 4 months and use it regularly (at least a few times a week) and have barely made a dent in it so I would also say this is a great value.

My HG of cheek color. Yay!

on 10/22/2008 7:12:00 PM

This is a great product. I have had a tube of PYC for almost 6 month and have used it just about everyday. For under $15 this is a must have item. I have tired Tarte and Benefit and didn't like them at all.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product for my oily, acne prone, DDD skin. This is the best stain I've tried. Yep - sure is. You just take a dab of color and put it right on the apple of your cheeks. Work fast though - cause this stuff sets like a few seconds. Once it goes on it stays on all day and will not need to be reapplied. Most importantly, it looks very natural and doesn't make me feel like I ran though a clown store for blush advice.

on 5/16/2008 10:30:00 AM

I never knew Origins made a liquid blush - why didnt someone tell me earlier!!!! I love liquid blushes and own a few of them, but Origins is my favourite so far. Benetint is far too watery and goes everywhere before you get to blend it properly, i loved MAC's See Thru Cheek Tint but it was too sheer and needed alot of effort to build up. This one is perfect. Its consistency also holds up very well and is gel-like, which makes it easy to blend before it sets. Also very pigmented, but not to the point of fake-opaque/clowncheeks, and its true what they say, it really does last all day. I put it on at 10am this morning and now its 10.28pm, im still flushing.

My color is Coralberry, which is a cute warm pink, which looks youthful and healthy, and good for some days. But Id really like to try Brown berry as i love a more warm red cheek. I swatched Raspberry onto the back of my hand and its lovely as well... a vivid cool pink-red.

Strangely i dont have a problem with blending or streaks, nor with the metal tube. You can't say that im a liquid blush expert because ive had hits and misses with the abovementioned products, so it must really mean Pinch Your Cheeks is quite easy to handle. As for getting stained fingers, sorry i dont really care for it. I just use a makeup wipe to clean it up and that's it. If im wearing crappy blush everyones going to notice but if i wear a fantastic blush and get a pinky finger, theyre going to notice the nice flush and not the pinky finger.

/// EDIT: OH MY.. this has become my HG. i never ever make a mistake with this liquid blush.. unlike others which were very hit and miss.. somedays good other days awful. Can someone please point me to a place where i can buy it online? my problem is that the BROWN BERRY shade is no longer being sold in Singapore. Is it being discontinued ?

on 2/28/2008 12:25:00 PM

My aunt gave this to me so I don't know what the real price is but this is THE best blush I've ever used. Sure, it dries up pretty fast but it really surprised me when I applied it the first time. I was expecting it to appear really red on my cheeks but, instead, I had this very natural and healthy-looking flush. I actually shelved my powder blush and will continue to use this until it's finished.

on 1/7/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Iíve recently rediscovered this product, and Iím obsessed with it. I use it as a cheek & lip stain. I have all the colors- Raspberry (berry-pink), Brownberry (brownish-red, similar to Clinique Black Honey) and Coralberry (bright peachy-red). Iíve come to appreciate the metal tube (even though it oozes product at first and is easily dented) because itís simple and lacks the excess plastic packaging of so many other products. The product itself is extremely concentrated, and it ends up being a good value (even though $10 for a tiny tube seems a bit steep at first). I apply a drop to my fingertip and blend quickly onto each cheek. I always apply overtop moisturizer or dewy foundation (lately Iíve been mixing a drop with Patricia Wexler MMPI Serum which makes it more blendable, and my cheeks positively glow!) It will stain my fingertip, but fades within an hour or two. It looks like my cheeks are naturally blushing, and it lasts all day. Applied directly to my lips, this always looked blotchy and uneven, until I discovered mixing it with lip balm (I like C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm, since the texture is thin, it mixes well). I mix equal parts in a little pot with a lip brush and apply it in thin layers to my lips, until I get the desired intensity. I will sometimes mix the shades, to further customize the color. The staying power is excellent (4-5 hours) and Iíll just top it with some gloss/balm if my lips start to feel dry. All in all, this is an excellent, versatile product. It just takes some experimentation.

Popular Blush Products