Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by age: 30-35
Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tube of Origins Pinch Your Cheeks - Coralberry to qualify for some free shipping and was amazed at how well I liked the product. I was skeptical of a cheek stain as I'd never used one before but it really does give me a much more natural looking glow to my cheeks than power blush. I never use my old powder blushes anymore, they seem so flat in comparison.
I have not had any trouble with the packaging or staining of my fingers like others have mentioned. I apply the stain to my cheeks, blend it in and them wash my hands when I finished.

on 11/29/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love the shade and consistency of this product but the packaging is driving me nuts. I picked this out in brownberry, which is likely the best shade of anything for my coloring (truly a browned cranberry). I prefer this shade over all of the MAC, BB, and Tarte cream/gel blushes I've tried. This is backup worthy times infinity, *however* the metal tube does not even distribute product and with the first squeeze a huge airbubble came out, leaving me with virtually no product remaining in my tube, not sure if it's a defect or what. Also, when some product did come out it was a large glob, so I had to (with one hand) rinse out an old samply jar with rubbing alcohol and place the unused glob in it, hoping it won't dry out till I get to use it. I cannot see how this can be regulated. Also, the tiniest amount for a relatively high price tag. I don't mind paying my $30 for my tarte cheek stains which will last you the rest of your life, unfortunately this little metal tube looks like I may get a month out of it at best. Sad face. I would certainly repurchase but only because the shade is so perfect.

on 1/20/2010 2:55:00 PM

As cheek stains go, this one has a lot going for it. Great colors, no fragrance, water based (so it's not at all oily or thick), and convenient packaging. My only dig would be the staying power. It does seem to fade by the end of the day yet oddly, when I first apply it, the formula creates a lasting stain on my fingers. To prevent the same thing on my cheeks, I wet my fingers as I apply. I don't have that problem with Benifit. In fact, if Origins could water down their formula and package it like Benifit, I would be one very happy girl.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous blush that literally "stains" your skin, giving you a natural glow that no powder blush I've ever tried could ever come close to. I've used the original raspberry, (a gorgeous color), and recently switched to Coralberry which better compliments my warm skin tones and red hair.

Drawbacks to this blush are that:

1) They stain your fingers. For hours.
2) If you have even the smallest blemish on your cheeks, it will attract the blush leaving you with very noticeable spots of color.

If pink fingers don't bother you and your zits tend to stick to your t-zone, then you'll most likely love this stuff.

I like this ,it looks natural but it does stain your fingers and you have to blend it fast .

on 1/17/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had a lot of patience while trying to work with this product. Even though I loved the way the Raspberry shade looked on me, I just couldn't deal with the annoying tube that kept spilling whenever I opened it.
This is also hard to blend...if you dont do it quick enough, it will dry and leave your face looking clownish and streaky. I would opt for something else. I almost threw mine away when the friggen thing spilled all over after I opened it but ...kept it because I tried it on my lips and it made a great lip stain.

on 1/7/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ive recently rediscovered this product, and Im obsessed with it. I use it as a cheek & lip stain. I have all the colors- Raspberry (berry-pink), Brownberry (brownish-red, similar to Clinique Black Honey) and Coralberry (bright peachy-red). Ive come to appreciate the metal tube (even though it oozes product at first and is easily dented) because its simple and lacks the excess plastic packaging of so many other products. The product itself is extremely concentrated, and it ends up being a good value (even though $10 for a tiny tube seems a bit steep at first). I apply a drop to my fingertip and blend quickly onto each cheek. I always apply overtop moisturizer or dewy foundation (lately Ive been mixing a drop with Patricia Wexler MMPI Serum which makes it more blendable, and my cheeks positively glow!) It will stain my fingertip, but fades within an hour or two. It looks like my cheeks are naturally blushing, and it lasts all day. Applied directly to my lips, this always looked blotchy and uneven, until I discovered mixing it with lip balm (I like C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm, since the texture is thin, it mixes well). I mix equal parts in a little pot with a lip brush and apply it in thin layers to my lips, until I get the desired intensity. I will sometimes mix the shades, to further customize the color. The staying power is excellent (4-5 hours) and Ill just top it with some gloss/balm if my lips start to feel dry. All in all, this is an excellent, versatile product. It just takes some experimentation.

on 9/12/2007 3:49:00 AM

Just got this, usually use Me Me Me Pussy cat or The Body shop but wanted something a little longer lasting and this definitely meets that criteria! The colour is brilliant and it's not that hard to blend, you just have to be quick and it sits & glides very well on foundation but the packaging is a big downside. It just keeps coming out after the tiniest amount of pressure and you have to be quick to get it on your face and get the cap back on the tube. I'd pay more for a better dispenser. All in all though it's probably the best blush I've used and will probably end up being the best value despite it's high cost.

on 4/17/2007 10:48:00 PM

Love it. the tube is tricky but the product is perfect. It's light enough that u can layer on and still looks natural and pretty. It's doesn't clog my pores and is a very light feeling gel. Will stain fingers.

on 10/17/2006 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't like too much about this. First of all, whenever I took the cap off, the product would start oozing out on it's own (even if I didn't squeeze it). Second, you have to work quickly to blend it- no play time. Third, it stains my fingers like crazy. And last, the color selection is poor, & the results are very average. I much prefer Smashbox Skintints to this (great product!)